You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Paw Prints From Heaven

Real Ghost Stories

Paw Prints From Heaven

 

In 2008 my beloved Pomeranian dog, Angel passed away. She was 11 and had cancer. She went very peacefully with no apparent pain. She was the sweetest Pomeranian. She was a pretty cream color, very beautiful dog inside and out. When she passed the vet took a paw print impression of her paw and put it on a special ornament keepsake. The vet did this for all pet owners when they passed as a gift to their clients. I kept the ornament and still have it today. I remember looking at the cast impression and thinking, wow I never really studied her paw before and I made a mental impression in my mind of her paw print. I guess in a way dogs all have different looking paws to some degree. I never really gave it much thought until I saw that impression of her paw on the ornament.

I had Angel cremated and and a couple of weeks later I took her ashes to Florida (I lived in Michigan at the time). I used to like to take Angel to the beach in Florida. There was a place she loved to walk on the beach so I spread her ashes there. Although I really missed my dog because I loved her dearly, by spreading her ashes on the beach it brought me closure and I felt at peace with her passing.

When I returned home to Michigan after spreading her ashes, Michigan had a snowstorm and fresh snow covered everything. I lived in a small apartment on the second floor in downtown Northville. I remember admiring how pretty the snow looked because it was untouched and fresh looking since it was freshly fallen even though I'm not particularly fond of snow, but it looked pretty and freshly white. I parked my car in the parking lot and approached the stairway to my second floor unit. There were two units to the second floor, mine and one that had been vacant for awhile. Only one staircase which was the only exit/entrance to the second floor. Everything was covered in fresh snow including the stairway to my apartment and as I approached the stairway I noticed a single set of paw prints going up the stairway. None coming down, just going up and no other foot prints or markings of any kind in the fresh snow and I remember thinking immediately that they looked like my dog, Angel's paw prints. The only explanation I could think of why there were paw prints going up but not down was a sign Angel is with me. She came home and apparently made it home from Florida before I did.:)

I guess everyone can come to their own conclusion for the paw prints on the stairway but there really was no explanation of why there was paw prints going up the stairway and not going down and no people prints and no animals were up in my apartment or anywhere on the staircase. The prints did look like the paw print of Angels on the ornament-

I've had many dogs in my life and have been saddened by their Passing. I miss all of them but this was the only unusual after death experience I've had with a dog. It gave me peace in knowing they are still with us after death. It was a beautiful way for Angel to let me know that. I hope my true story helps bring peace out other pet owners as well who miss their pets. I believe they are still with us and perhaps when we die, we all walk to the pearly gates together. That's what I'd like to think.:]

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DMinerva, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

SpookyGrrl (4 posts)
+2
2 months ago (2024-01-19)
Hello! I love your story! I have a spooky podcast and I'm creating an episode on ghost pets and would love to include your story. Thank you!
Cherubim (14 stories) (245 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2019-10-28)
Awwww! 😊 What a beautiful story, I believe our pets are still with us too. Yes, this was her way of letting you know she'll always be with you because none of us (animals included) never really die. ❤
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2019-10-21)
Hi DMinerva,

I'm very sorry for your loss. I'm glad that Angel did not seem to suffer.

I like that your veterinarian makes impressions of pet's paws. It's a very compassionate gesture, I think.

Best Wishes, Maria ❤
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2019-10-21)
What a lovely and bittersweet experience!

DMinerva - welcome to YGS.
I'm sorry for the loss of your beloved Angel, I think she came home to pay you a final visit.

I like the way you describe the snowy landscape, it reminded me of the time when I used to live in a northern community in British Columbia. I liked to 'read' the stories written on the snow by the wildlife during the night. It was fascinating to see the little tracks left by a tiny mouse disappearing all of a sudden without apparent explanation, I imagine an owl or other bird had come to snatch them from the ground.

It would be hard to think of a bird large enough to carry a Pomeranian so, like you, I think the paw prints belonged to your dog.

Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: