You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Grandpa Sending Me Messages From Heaven

Real Ghost Stories

Grandpa Sending Me Messages From Heaven

 

As I stated in another story my maternal grandfather died in 1990. A few months after we moved into our current home I was reading the pet adoption ads. I saw an ad for a Husky rescue, they had a dog named Niko for adoption. I called the number but after speaking to the woman I didn't think the dog would be a fit with my 3 other dogs. After I hung up the phone I had a nagging pestering feeling that wouldn't stop, like someone was trying to tell me something. I knew it was my grandfather who was a great dog lover. They would go out of their way to be near him. Something that also happens to me. I told my husband I had to at least see the dog so I called the lady back and went right over to her house.

When I got there she tried to show me other dogs but I told her I wanted to see Niko. She brought him from the basement and he ran right over to me and laid at my feet on his back so I could rub his tummy. She was amazed and told me that he had never done that for anyone before, even her. Then I stood up tapped my chest and he gently jumped up to lick my face. I told her I wasn't leaving without him. I also told her that he was an Alaskan Malamute not a Siberian Husky, she didn't know the difference. She rushed me through the adoption papers as if she wanted me out quickly. He was emaciated and I caught a lot of garbage from other clients at my vets office. I told them I had just adopted him and the receptionist told them that I was the one who would fatten him up.

Niko was a great dog. When one of my other dogs had to be euthanized he actually consoled me whenever I cried. He welcomed the new dog when I brought her home. He consoled me again when another dog had to be euthanized. When I brought home a puppy a couple of months later he acted like a proud daddy. We had named the pup Demon because he was acting like a little devil like the dog in Snow Dogs. D as we call him now has a smile that scares the hell out of everyone who doesn't know him. They became best of friends. Two years later when our friends wouldn't let their tenants, also friends, keep a Pit Bull puppy we ended up keeping him so we had a full house of 5 dogs and once again Niko was like a proud daddy. Niko and D were practically glued to me when my father died. Unfortunately Niko had a heart attack 10 months later and there was only 50% chance he would survive so we had to euthanize him, he was only 8 years old. D took over the job of consoling me even though he was deeply sad himself.

A few weeks later I had a dream that my next dog would be a black fuzzy female puppy. It was such a vivid dream I knew it was a message. I couldn't worry about that because I found out about 6 weeks later I needed major back surgery. When I felt better I went to the local animal shelter and found a dog that didn't quite fit the dog in the dream but I put my name down to adopt the dog. I called my husband when I got home to tell him and he said he wanted to see the dog. This is unusual because I usually pick the dog and he's fine with it. My two boys wanted to come with me to wait for my husband. As we were waiting for my husband a couple drove into the parking lot in a pick up truck with a cap. I watched as the husband pulled the puppy out. It was the dog from my dream. I asked how old she was and the man asked me how I knew the dog was a she as the way he was holding her I couldn't see anything. I told the couple about the dream right down to where we would meet.

By the end of my story they were both crying. They told me that she was the only puppy out of nine that survived. The mother is a Border Collie and maybe Collie mix and the father a huge Newfoundland Hound. They told me that she was becoming too much for her mother so they had to give her up. I named her Cali. When I got her home I checked her out and she had fly bites on her ears and was emaciated. So I had adopted another dog that needed much care and she is my shadow. I don't know what happened to her before I got her but to this day she is still skittish about certain things. But like Niko she is a caring dog.

Other hauntings by RedWolf

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, RedWolf, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-07-01)
Thank you all for your kind words.
I have not been on this site for a couple of weeks because I was very busy. My sister had to sell our deceased parents home because she was so far in arrears in taxes she almost lost it. She never mentioned a word about it to me and I don't know what any of my other siblings knew. She has a husband who is the master of workmans comp and my sister can't work because of her "nerves",a bunch of B.S. And they have 2 children.
I showed up at the house the day they had to leave just to see my childhood home. I had not intended to but something told me to go. My sister collected cats, never spaying or neutering any. She had called a local pet shop and they took 6 out of 9 kittens so I had to bring 3 back. Meanwhile one of the cats had kittens the night before.
My idiot brother in-law had said that he was going to just dump them all and let nature take it's course right in front of my almost 11 year nephew. I wanted to deck the guy but didn't want to cause a scene so I told my nephew it wasn't happening because I was taking mama and her kittens and the 3 other kittens home with me. One of the new born kittens died a few days later which hurt but they were born early so I took solace in the fact that I kept the others alive.
One of the older kittens got an abcess in his cheek because one of the others bit him. He's okay know but this soft in the head woman paid over $300 in vet bills. My sister had my niece call me and tell me that her mom wanted her to ask me for one of the kittens back. I told her that someone was adopting him which is true and apologized to her.
NO way am I going to give her ANY kitten back because she never even took any to the vet and I don't know how many cats she left at the old house to fend for themselves. From what I was told the new owner feeds them.
Three of the older kittens are being adopted out this week so I only have mama cat and babies by the end of the week. My daughter is crushed but she knew we could not keep them. I feel terrible about not giving my dogs a lot of attention but the zoo will be just them soon.
Sorry this is so long but I had to tell you about yet another nudge to being in the right place at the right time. 😆
Regards
Red
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-25)
Ahhhhhwwwwwwwwwww. Your whole family seems really special. Now I have this visual of your passed reallatives hanging around, with your passed dogs. Thankyou!
teneki (10 stories) (140 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-06-24)
I can tell that you are a very caring person from the way that you describe your non-human children.

I'm sure that regardless of what is leading you to these dogs, be it your grandfather or something else, it is doing it for that reason. Keep listen to it, and keep being such an awesome person.
stonegate3 (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-24)
RedWolf. I had a similar experience to you. My father was a dog lover, and I too have owned dogs most of my life. When my Dad died, I had just lost my treasured Border Collie cross, and I was so devastated at losing her I swore I would never have another dog. The pain was so bad.
One day I was out walking when a man in a garden on the other side of the road called out to me "Have you got another dog yet?" He said he had watched me pass his house many times over the years with my dog, and realised I no longer had her. "I have a puppy if you want him" he said, and he showed me this beautiful black labrador puppy. I shook my head saying "No, I'm never going to have another dog." I lay awake most of the night with the vision of that puppy going round and round in my head, and it was just like some invisible being was urging me to go and get him.
Next day I ran round to the mans house and asked "Have you still got the puppy?" He had, and I said "I want him!"
Just like you RedWolf, I think my dear old Dad was silently urging me to have the puppy. He was the first "boy dog" I had ever owned, and he became the love of my life! I had him for 14 lovely happy years, thanks to my Dad!
elfstone810 (227 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-24)
That was such a sweet story! You made me cry. My dad was like that with dogs (and cats and horses and kids, etc.) too.
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-24)
Dear RedWolf,
I do believe that sometimes spirits 'push' us in the 'right' direction. In this case dogs that apparently needed you as much as you needed them. Sweet story.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: