You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Fluorescent Light Flickers

Real Ghost Stories

Fluorescent Light Flickers

 

This is my first time writing my own experience about the unexplained (ghosts?), so please bear with my grammatical errors, if there are any.

It was June 2016 when I started going to an English communications training in Leyte. The company's training site was a rented space within a known university in Tacloban.

During our first few weeks, I already felt weird inside the training facility even when I was just passing by the hallway to our training room. It felt like someone's watching on the empty rooms as I pass by. But I was just able to ignore it since our shift at that time was during the day (from 6 AM - 3 PM).

I can no longer remember what week it was when we went to training at night. Then there was this one night when I brought my friend's guitar with me to our training since we just had a gig. I think our 1-hour break was at 2 AM. After I and my co-trainees ate (we had this little pot luck), I played "I'll Be" on the guitar. We were all singing since everybody knows the song.

We were already on the song's bridge part when suddenly, the lights on the lobby (where we are) started flickering. At first, we thought one of our co-trainees was just playing the switch near him (that guy was on the sink washing his food container, and was the "comedian" of the team) but when he pressed the switch, it lighted the area he's at. One of the guys went to the entrance to check if the switches located there was for the lobby's, it was, and no one was there when it started flickering.

After that confirmation, that's when we felt a sudden rush of breeze (like someone running just passed by us). We glanced at each other and have this weird and scared look on our faces.

Our trainer already had a pale face and was already asking us to stop the jam and was saying "maybe they are irritated by the noise". When we stopped our jam, the flickering also stopped. That's when one of our ATEs (older sisters) said she saw a child's shadow running to our training room.

What or who could those be? Is it possible that they didn't like our singing?:D

But anyhow, it was a really weird experience. After that eventful night, we tried not to talk about it and respect the silence of the evening.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, aiciyee0426, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

en_chuu (4 stories) (27 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-02-14)
Sounds like the spirit isn't much into karaoke.

Thanks for sharing! 😊
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2019-12-10)
aiciyee0426,

That is strange then! For a moment I was thinking that the lights flickering could have been because of the draw upon the electricity if it was an electric guitar.

Thank you for the extra information.

I think there is always some kind of energy to be found in places like hospitals, where people die every day.

Thank you for sharing your experience.

- Maria ❤
aiciyee0426 (1 stories) (4 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2019-12-10)
Hello silverthane61,

From what I know, the university may have been used as a barracks or some sort during the WW II. There have been stories in the said university about crying voices and headless people randomly passing by the corridors at night. That is not my story to tell though.
aiciyee0426 (1 stories) (4 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2019-12-10)
Hello DarriuxDarkk,

I am from Palo, Leyte, but the place/university I was referring to is in Tacloban. The place you are referring to is called LAC or Leyte Academic Center. Anyways, the university is near ashore, so there may have been a lost soul who died there during Supertyphoon Haiyan.
aiciyee0426 (1 stories) (4 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2019-12-10)
Hello lady-glow,

To answer your questions, What I know about the place is that it used to be one of the army barracks/hospital during WW II.

And, the singing was not bad at all.:D
aiciyee0426 (1 stories) (4 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2019-12-10)
Hello Maria,

Thank you! I was using my friend's acoustic guitar. I would have loved to bring an electric guitar, but I don't think my trainer would have allowed me to play with it in the training vicinity.
silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2019-12-02)
Tacloban contained an Army Air Force airfield that was used extensively during WWII. I am sure that some of the servicemen stationed there lost their lives in the performance of their duties. I wonder if any of their lost souls still remain active in the area?
DarriuxDarkk (6 stories) (79 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2019-11-29)
My apologies the date was supposed to be November 8, 2013 not 2014. That was the time the Supertyphoon hit Tacloban and claimed more than 15, 000 people and until this day most people say it is more than that as many bodies were not recovered.
DarriuxDarkk (6 stories) (79 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2019-11-29)
I know that place. May I take a guess that this place is near Palo, Leyte near Andoks part? I'm not quite certain if this is the place you are referring to as this place has been used for training purposes, offices, even call centers.

I won't deny the fact that you and your friends might have experienced paranormal. In Tacloban many have perished from the Super Typhoon Haiyan (or in local's term Super Typhoon Yolanda). One of my classmates died that time. She drowned inside her own home as the storm surge raised the waters up towards the roof level.

My point is, I won't doubt that certain parts of Tacloban will be haunted as thousands of people perished on the morning of November 8, 2014. Dead bodies piled up on the side of the roads for weeks waiting to be collected by local health government agencies for disposal. They have seen babies laying dead at the side of the road.

I know this because I flew back there from US to Tacloban 3 days after the aftermath. Being a US citizen I was able to help out my family and friends board the US military C130 plane that helped evacuate most people out of Tacloban yo Manila for refuge that time.

So yea I believe that some of those places in Tacloban can be haunted as most bodies of the victims were not even recovered until this day.

Thanks for sharing your story and God bless.

The super typhoon story is related to my story about the Cross Necklace.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2019-11-28)
Two questions:

- What do you know about the history of the place (year when it was built, what uses it has have, history of the land, etc)
- Was the singing good or did you guys sound like a choir of roosters with laryngitis?

Thanks for sharing.
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+1
4 years ago (2019-11-28)
Hello aiciyee0426 and welcome to YGS.

I was wondering if the guitar that you were playing was an acoustic guitar or an electric guitar with an amplifier.

- Maria ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: