You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: Catlike Humanoid

Real Ghost Stories

Catlike Humanoid

 

I have always hoped that I might get a glimpse the others. Those beings from fable and fairy tales of my childhood. Call them fairies, pixies, fay, elves or whatever, they are around... And I was lucky enough to get a peek.

This incident happened about ten years ago and every word is truth as I recall it. It's not something easily forgotten.

I was living in my grandparents' home after they both had passed on. Having grown up there, I was infinitely familiar with the house, surrounding area and all the indigenous critters thereabout, but I had NEVER seen anything like this.

It was early morning, just before sunrise. Just enough light to see outside. The TV was on, catching morning news before going to work. Everything completely normal. I could hear the kids getting ready for school down the hall from my room. My boyfriend and I were chatting about something irrelevant - he was standing a few feet from the window, facing me. I turned to face him while we talked - a movement outside the window caught my attention. I stopped talking mid-sentence.

There was something outside that window, it had a face. I couldn't quite make it out in the dim light. I moved closer to the window, it was moving too. It was low, I bent over. At first, I thought I was seeing a reflection in the glass. As I focused, what I saw made me make a sound I had never heard come from my mouth before - something between a gasp and a muffled scream -Ohhh, Ohhhhh - and I felt weak in the knees.

It was close to the house, maybe a foot outside the window, leaving three or four feet between us. I could not make out the body well. His skin was bluish-grey, just like the early morning light surrounding him. So much so, that he seemed to sort of melt into it on the edges, but his face was clear and he was leaning in toward me curiously, for a better look. I say "he" because it was most definitely male. He had a round head, with a shank of dark, messy hair that reminded me of a character from an anime cartoon. His large, cat-like eyes took up most of his face, a small, not quite human nose and mouth. He appeared to be two and half to three feet tall, petite, beautiful in a weird way. I do not remember seeing any clothing but got the impression that he was not completely nude and something was strapped across his body - a bow, maybe?

I wish I had reacted differently, but I was shocked and confused by this, after all, until now it was a completely mundane weekday morning. I made that awful noise. He was startled. Those huge eyes blinked, just once, quickly and almost mechanically and he gave his head a quick shake before he disappeared. He appeared solid, real and he didn't fade away, he turned and darted. I think I startled him when I reacted, and he was gone. This all happened in the space of about ten to fifteen seconds and I have never seen him again but, for a moment, we looked directly at each other in shared curiosity.

I pointed to the window and backed away. I sat, almost fell, onto the small couch behind me. My boyfriend asked again and again what was wrong. It took several minutes before I could find the words to say what I had seen. I still can't put a name to it, him. Next time, I will be less surprised and maybe, just maybe we can get a better look at each other.

Other hauntings by Solveig

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Solveig, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Fenrispro (58 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2020-12-05)
I believe in fae like beings and greek myths. The new series by netflix Blood of Zeus.
Since u had watched the Avatar movie your mind may have panicked at the moment?
robo (15 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-03-22)
hi I m from Malaysia once I saw big bear or wolf sating front of car when I was 5 year old
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
4 years ago (2020-03-15)
Solveig, what a beautiful account ❤ I am one who has not been blessed with seeing anything/anyone like that so I always appreciate reading about other's encounters.

I kind of chuckled when you told about his expression when he saw you. I can just imagine both of you being shocked and wondering what the heck you were looking at 😆

Thank you so much for sharing this.
mel8763 (1 stories) (19 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-02-24)
Solveig, I believe you. What a fascinating experience! I wouldn't mind meeting one. I happen to believe in these kind of beings.
i-have-a-crush-on-firestar (1 stories) (24 posts)
 
4 years ago (2020-02-22)
i would say maybe an furry, or puppy player, or kitten player, (puppy play and kitten play is fetish basiclly, sry for crap grammer) but he appeared in you're home and had cat-eyes. Why was it 3 feet tall, i've never heared of something that is 3 feet, has cat like eyes and mouth and nose, this is an real mystery, sound's like an fairy tale creature, considering it was naked on back legs with an bow, but where could it get the bow from? This is very magical and mystery
Solveig (3 stories) (7 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-02-17)
ancient_spark, I have always believed that our perception of our world is only part of the reality of it. I think for some reason, that morning, the veil thinned, and I was lucky enough to be there at the right moment.
Are you familiar with the legends of Avalon concerning the veil of mist used to hide the entire island from the outside world?
Interesting stuff.
ancient_spark (3 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-02-16)
Actually, very interesting account. Wish more people reported sightings like this, but it just doesn't happen too often 😁 From what I know, humans of today were not always the dominant race on our planet. We had other races who died out over time, and became matter of legends and fairytales. So, it well may be that you have encountered one of the survivors. It could be that they have found a way to hide from humans, and I wonder if he actually never saw a human before 😊
Solveig (3 stories) (7 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-02-03)
Thanks for reading and sharing your comments. I have enjoyed many of your stories also.

To answer a few questions:
*I am 100% sure this was not a neighbor in costume! I'm pretty sure, as many of you have suggested, that he was some sort of nature spirit. I did not feel threatened in any way, just extremely surprised.

*Biblio, although I'm familiar with Ibsen And Grieg, my screen name is not inspired by either. The Urban Dictionary led me to this decision. Check it out.

Tweed, an interesting take - I too would love to know his version of the experience. Is he telling his friends about me? Does he have friends?

Also, one last detail that I just realized after watching the movie, Avatar again. You know at the very end, it pans in and he opens his eyes? They're very much like the eyes I saw through the window.
Just want to point out that I had this experience before ever seeing the movie.
Tweed (35 stories) (2497 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-02-02)
Hi Solveig,

What a cool experience! I love how he blended in with the morning light, isn't that so fae. I wonder if the window helped you see him somehow. I saw some ghosts through glass doors (human ghosts), and it felt like the glass was somehow aiding the process. Maybe it's like a magic eye (you know, those pictures from the eighties/nineties that resemble vomit, but contain 3D awesomeness from newfangled computers) the way you describe the window reminded me of the pantomime one performed to receive the magic eye image.

I want to know what he saw, what got his attention to look to you the same. What was he thinking, and were you blending in with your surroundings.

Big it up for nature spirits, seriously. Love this. Thanks for sharing.

This link is something Manafon found, it's some guy's experience with a cat like entity. The guy blames it on demonic forces, never mind that, the details are still interesting.
Https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/a-cat-like-entity.51367/
LuciaJacinta (8 stories) (291 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-01-31)
I liked your story.

Are you sure it wasn't a neighbor in a costume? Do you think it was paranormal or real but a unknown forest entity like a yetti/big foot/ etc?
matrix899 (1 stories) (67 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-01-30)
Solveig,
Thank you for sharing this experience. I suspect a lot more people have seen these beings, but we only hear from a few via websites like this one.

You are very lucky to have had this experience.

Thanks again for sharing.

Matrix
silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-01-30)
I always find small humanoids so very fascinating! I have read stories of gnomes, fairies, sprites, dwarves, etc being reported from all over the world. In Hawaii, we called them the Minehune. This is the first I have read of a being resembling what you have described. Some of the scarier aspects I remember about these beings is that they sometimes lure children away to be captured. Leaving out a bowl of cream is supposed to help gain favor among these beings. I enjoyed reading your story.
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+7
4 years ago (2020-01-29)
Greetings, Solveig, and welcome to the conversations.

I like your screen-name, and its relevance to your narrative. Did you choose it because of Ibsen or Grieg?

As much of Pennsylvania is mining country, my instincts are are to guess "kobold." Certainly some sort of nature spirit, but the folklore indicates that kobolds are found both in mines *and* in homes. Its proximity to your house is less peculiar than it would be for other nature spirits. If your house is *not* close to the mining industry (I recall driving for about four hours through Pennsylvania's corn fields one summer), then you can rule the kobolds out as a candidate.

Best,
Biblio.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+5
4 years ago (2020-01-29)
Welcome to YGS.

Solveig,

I think you would like to read this recently posted story:

Https://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=27054

There's a link in one of the OP's comments that seems to be similar to what you describe seen.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: