You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: I May Be Being Contacted By An Old Friend

Real Ghost Stories

I May Be Being Contacted By An Old Friend

 

Four years ago my friend died unexpectedly and for a while I sensed a spirit with me and was almost being contacted by him. A couple months after he died I experienced sleep paralysis and lucid dreams involving him and I was in a place very important to him when it happened. I tied these things to him but I wasn't sure. Nothing unusual happened for a while until a few months ago.

I moved into a new house and a couple months after I did, many things started happening. I often felt a hand on my left shoulder when I'm alone, I have a recorded video of a repeated tapping on the window by my bedside and the window is two floors up and facing the street. I didn't think much of anything until tonight. I've been lighting incense a lot in the past couple days and today it started. My closet door that's shut tight with nobs was found open twice today and later tonight I was in bed watching tv when both of the closet doors were jerked open fast from the inside. I checked everything and it was impossible for both of the doors to open at the same time. Considering that lately I felt as if someone was watching me in my room and I got a sudden chill and cold after I checked the closet I decided to call a friend and she knew what to do.

I salted all my window panes and put garlic in tied cotton thread. I lit candles and incense as well. While I continued to text my friend, my satellite and wi-fi shut off suddenly. The weather was fine with no rain or wind and everything was off for 15 minutes. I kept trying until I got service back and my friend sent me screenshots of messages saying I blocked her and my calls were blocked too. I explained what happened and I didn't block her.

All of these things have happened but it's not the first time. A lot of things have happened since my friend died and even before that. If he is trying to contact me are these signs safe? Would I know it's him and it's safe to respond or would it be something else. Nothing dangerous has happened but the signs are strong and impossible to ignore and I don't know if I'm safe to contact his spirit or if I'm being tricked.

I genuinely want believe it is my friend since the physical contact was not harmful and did not seem wrong but it also feels out of place for a loved one to do this to me after so long. A lot of the same stuff has happened to me in any house I've moved to or visited since he's died so I'm started to believe the houses aren't haunted but rather I am. The feeling of being watched and bothered has also happened in my childhood before my friend died.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, nillabean, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

blckwdnsdy (6 stories) (32 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-06-15)
Hei:)

Those signs seem odd to me. An encounter with a loved one, shouldn't feel like this. You said about sudden cold and the closet doors. Those don't seem like signs from a loved one to me, they seem to have something else causing them.

Maybe you had an attachement all your life, and being vulnerable at the time of your friend's death, it just got something to feed on.

Take care. I don't think that communicating is a good thing though.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-06-09)
nillabean, I forgot one thing. Kindly do upload the video, which you said recorded having repeated tapping on the windows.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-06-09)
Hi nillabean, thanks for sharing and welcome to YGS. As silverthane said it is the first gut feeling that is spot on. If you feel his presence and feel that it is not harmful (I don't think it is since you have been experiencing for quite sometime now), then you can have contact. Loved ones would try to make their presence known after they pass on in ways that you would feel them.

You can talk to the entity when you are alone, in a respectful manner that you acknowledge its presence and you can also request that it need not startle you and that in its presence, you feel safe and secure.

I think that way you need not have to be scared and that you won't be scared because of its activities to make you show its presence.

Please do respond.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+5
4 years ago (2020-05-23)
Could be that your friend is trying to get a message to you and is becoming frustrated that you aren't getting it and you are picking up on that frustration. Maybe try making a circle of salt around you and meditating to see what comes through- the salt should keep anything bad from you but if it's your friend, they should be able to get their message to you just fine. It may not work on the first go but keep trying and believe in yourself and your connection with your friend - focus on that love as you meditate to guide you.
silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
+5
4 years ago (2020-05-20)
I have often said that gut feelings are almost always spot on. Does this seem like something your friend would do, and if so, why? You have admitted that you have had many instances in the past. "Places aren't haunted, people are". This saying exists simply because if there is no one around to witness the haunt, then it goes unnoticed. So you may or may not have an entity attached to you. Anyway, I think you are wise to question these occurrences. You know your friend the best, so continue to question and be critical.
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-05-20)
Hello nillabean and welcome to YGS,

I am sorry for the loss of your friend. I agree that the ways that you feel that you are being contacted are not harmful. They seem to be just trying to get your attention.

If you are unsure whether these contacts are coming from your friend, you could try speaking out loud and addressing your friend by name. That way, if it is something else trying to get your attention, it will be clear that you are not speaking to "it" and are speaking to your friend.

Whatever it is trying to contact you, I think that you must have feelings of having things that were left unsaid between you and your friend. Talking will help you.

- Maria
VeronicaMarie (5 stories) (106 posts)
+5
4 years ago (2020-05-20)
nillabean, first off, I want to say how terribly sorry I am for the loss of your friend, especially at such a young age.

One of the first things that came to my mind was to ask you if your friend tended to be a practical joker, like he liked to tease you in fun, and things like that. I think that came to mind because of the way your closet doors both flew open, startling you. Also, you said that odd things have been going on for a while, some of them after he died. When these other things happened, did you associate any of them with this same friend?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: