You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Care Home Incident

Real Ghost Stories

Care Home Incident

 

I did some work experience at a care home.

I didn't think it was creepy at all. I thought it was a nice place and all the residents were very nice. There were three of us, but the other two hardly ever turned up. I'll call them X and Y. We had these little booklets to fill in, a sort of... Record of what we had done on that day.

Me and X were filling in this booklet at the dining table, away from the residents and I needed the toilet. So I got up and went across the hallway to the bathroom.

While I was there, the doorhandle went down. It was like someone didn't know it was locked and was trying to get in. I was only washing my hands at that point so I shouted for them to wait a minute.

When I opened the door, no-one was there. I went over to the dining room and asked X if she'd seen anything and she said no-one had been near the bathroom except from me.

I checked on the residents, although it must've been a fast elderly person to not be there when I opened the door. The fact that X didn't see anything was really strange.

I asked about if there was any ghosts and the staff said no. I even searched on the internet and nothing came up.

Was it a fast resident or was it a ghost?

On a side note, I never felt the same in that house. If I went upstairs, I always thought someone was following me. The care home had this screen that would light up if a resident wanted something. The room number would always buzz even if there was no-one in that room. I didn't think anything at the time because I only found out about the weird stuff after wards. I suppose they didn't want to frighten me off.

Other hauntings by Lorenzo

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Lorenzo, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

boo_boo_whoo (15 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-07-21)
That was scary 😱 I think it would have been scarier to see a ghost trying to open the door. Your brave.
Lorenzo (3 stories) (21 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-07-07)
Won'ttellyoumyname
I'd liked to have seen him try to reach the door handle.

Maybe it is the sprit of a confused resident.
WontTellYouMyName (3 stories) (9 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-07-07)
Hi Lorenzo,

Are we sure this wasn't the work of a neighbourhood cat? Haha.

But on a serious note, I feel like it could've been the result of a residual haunting. Especially considering the flashing of screens in empty rooms. Maybe just a friendly / confused spirit.

Regards.
Lorenzo (3 stories) (21 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-07-07)
Alina5
You think it was perfectly natural then?
Nothing paranormal about it?
Alina5 (3 stories) (136 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-07-07)
Hello Lorenzo,

The turning of door knob can be explained on the grounds that the bolt of the door knob might have become loose, it once happened in my house the door to the kitchen was unlocking itself on multiple occasions at a time, I was a little freaked out but the mechanic solved the issue claiming that sometimes the knob handle or the bolt of the knob sometimes get loose or rusted due to certain factors such as loosening of the coil in the bolt during the winters if not plated properly or wrongly turning the knob several times can result in such minor issues.

I believe no institution is open about any paranormal incidents in its building since it will soon be subjected to rumors and can hamper the business, so there would be no way any staff would openly talk of this. It is better to research the background of the area yourself for any clue of it being haunted.

As a matter of fact, since these entities are not majorly interfering with the work I believe there is no need to be much concerned about them.

Peace

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: