You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Shadow Figure at 2:48am

Real Ghost Stories

The Shadow Figure at 2:48am

 

This took place in a Hotel in Ontario. I was in my room with my 3 friends watching t.v., then the lights went out. We thought it was everywhere in the hotel. But actually it was only our room. So we thought nothing of it and thought we should go to sleep and so we did.

I'm a very light sleeper and I woke up at 2:48, and went to the bathroom and than got a drink. I was walking back to my bed when out of the corner of my eye I seen someone or something standing in the corner where the bathroom door and the wall meet. I looked again and than it vanished and I thought I was just sleepy. The next morning I went to the manager and told that someone was in my room and he said that no one could have entered without the security key. I was really stunned.

Later that night I went to sleep at 9:00. I was scared that the shadow figure would show up. I fell asleep and than I woke up at 2:48.. .again. I was very scared and when I looked up I seen the figure, but this time it was at the foot of my bed. I was truly frightened. I stayed awake for the next couple of hours. Than I fell asleep. Nothing happened again...

What was happening? It only showed during the hour and always at that one corner except for the last night. Am I crazy or something?

Other hauntings by Kated9

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Kated9, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-19)
Hi again, Kated9,
Rhodes has it completely right. There are a few chosen ones who are able to see what others can not. No one really knows at this point in time why it is that some can see and others may only feel coldness, or an odd feeling to the places that ghosts seem to be. Scientifically, there is still no concrete proof that ghosts do exist, even though about a fourth of the population of the world has admitted to experiencing some type of paranormal phenomenon at some point.
I would consider myself lucky to have been able to see this film "play out" as there are many people who have tried for years, and were never granted "sight".
Thank you.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-19)
Hello Kated9. Having read your story as well as your final comment, I wanted to say that not just anyone can perceive the existence of a spirit. Even more, you have already mentioned that your friends had felt that the room was cold which to me is another way of perceiving a kind of presence although a cold room may just be a cold room sometimes. Maybe, for some reason you were more sensitive at that particular point and that is why YOU only saw it. Don't be so frightened; spirits don't always want something from us. Take care.
Kated9 (6 stories) (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-19)
well than you for setting things straight guys.

Well this "entity" you say, is a residual haunting, how come it can only show up for me and only me? Like one of my friends said that it was very cold in the room and I thought nothing of it until that night. How come it only showed for me?

🤔
Scared, Kated9
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-19)
It sounds to me as if you stumbled on to a residual haunting as mentioned in the previous comment.

Energy can remain behind, allowing there to be an imprint on time. Something significant happened to the individual who left the energy. The 'entity' probably does not realize that it is even there with you.

Thanks for sharing your story.

God Bless!
Joie (1 stories) (39 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-19)
BTW- I did sort or word my comment wrong. IT doesn't have to happen EVERY DAY. Like, maybe something that only haunts at midnight on Halloween. That's residual. For instance- a light keeper in a light house lived day to day walking the winding stair case to the light at the top of the light house, he dies happy or even suddenly. He may still walk those stairs. It doesn't mean he sees you or even senses you there. It's kind of like a finger print or movie reel in the spectral sense... Nothing to really be frightened of. Although I am sure it is quite unnerving. Good luck- and sorry if I confused you!
Joie (1 stories) (39 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-19)
Sounds like a residual haunting. Something that happens at the same time every day. There's really NO interaction, it seems like it, but it probably doesn't even notice you. Hopefully you feel better now that you aren't in that room!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-19)
Hello Kate. Well I wouldn't say you are crazy but seeing something like taht would slowly make me crazy. It wasn't harmful so don't worry about it. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-18)
Kiptere,

* Please excuse the interruption to your comment section, Kated9, I mean no disrespect to you.

We are not here to belittle or be mean to anyone. We are here for knowledge (well, most of us) and I would like to think that your comment was written in jest, and you were NOT trying to be hurtful or just plain rude. Kated9 asked a legitimate question, and should be treated with respect in that she is seeking answers.
In the future (I see that this was your first post) please refrain from trying to be offensive as it does no one any good and I can think of no one who would benefit from those types of responses.
Respectfully, Autumn.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-18)
Hi Kated9,
Crazy?! I do not think so. If you were truly crazy, as FRAWIN said, you would not be questioning it. A person who is clinically "crazy" has NO CLUE that they are hallucinating or behaving in an other than "normal" way.
Three o'clock is a highly "receptive" time for "the waking" and as it was almost that time... I should add that I do not subscribe to the idea that it is only three A.M., and that I believe three P.M. To be just as active, we are just busier at that time to notice these things. Even thought the LOCATION of this shadow were in different places, I would think this to be a residual haunting also. Hotels are WONDERFUL places for ghost hunts to happen.
Thank you for your story.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-17)
Hi Kated9. I don't know if you ever read my story, "Shadows in My Life", but I have had VERY similar experiences but in my own homes not a hotel. And, no, you are not crazy.

SHELBY ❤ 😊
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-17)
Hello Kated9. There is an old saying that if you think you're crazy -you're not. With you seeing it in the same area, at the same time chances are it is just a residual haunting - nothing to worry about. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: