You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Haunted School

Real Ghost Stories

The Haunted School

 

I just thought about another of my experiences! It was pretty scary. This all started on October 2 of 2005, this was at my old school Isaac Newton in winnipeg Manitoba. I was just starting an extra activity after school, so I am the only one there beside for the janitor. I was working on the set in the drama room and I was painting. All of a sudden I just felt really cold and the room turned ice cold. I thought there was some windows opened and went to shut them, but nothing was open. So I just went back to work and started painting again.

Just as I picked up my brush I heard this deathly hollow noise coming from the basement! I was scared. I went to investigate and out of the corner of my eye I seen something run around the the art room. So I went into the room and seen nothing and them someone pushed me and I was scared. I thought it was someone sneaking into the school, pulling a prank. But no one was there! I then turned around and heard someone running around up stairs like big stomping and yelling and laughing. I went back to the room and tried calling the janitor but he left and locked the doors so no one could get into the school. I went back painting and I heard the scariest sound ever. It was like a scream and a dying animal at the same time.

I ran to the doors and peeked outside and in the glass reflection I seen a person standing there! It looked like a middle aged man and he was very dirty looking and really angry. He then started walking to me and I just booked it right there. I ran outside and it looked like he was going to follow me but then he vanished!

When I went there the next day, I talked to my principle and he said I witnessed the ghost of Peter. She told me that he was an angry bitter man and was the old janitor and he died in the school when he had a heart attack and fell down the stairs. Believe me I never stayed and finished my project! It was scary! It doesn't explain for the stomping and yelling and laughing of children! I'll save that for another day.

Other hauntings by Kated9

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Kated9, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

MistyDreams (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-17)
I think my old primary school was haunted. It was built in 1912 and when I was in year 4, these older girls took me into the girls toilets. They put a pen down on the ground and said "If someone is here, spin the pen round!" and the pen spun around. I was shocked but interested, and for a whole year me and my friends went into the girls toilets every break to find the spirit. The lights might flicker on and off, and we feel watched. We were stopped though when a girl was too scared because of the "ghosts that live in the toilets" so we stopped, but whenever I went in the toilets, I felt a presence. 😐
William383 (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-01)
Yeah it's not fun being alone at your school and stuff like this happening
michrobe (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-01)
WOW good story! In my old elementary school the guy who built the gym was a old cranky man who dies shortly after the school was built. I've talked to the janitors and they said they've seen him in the gym just in a corner or in the music room (right next to the gym) just standing there like watching over everything. Then the other ghost was a younger ghost who hung out upstairs and they have no idea who it is. The ghost unplugs vacuums and opens windows. They are scared of this ghost! That would scare the heck out of me! I've seen a ghost but in a school that's just creepy!
77believer (guest)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-14)
I know of a haunted school, but I can't give out the name, they don't want people to know. My friend's sister's friend got to school early one day, so no one was really there. (It was like 6:30.) She went to her locker which happened to be in the haunted locker wing where kids were hung years ago I think. (I think that's what happened.) Well at her locker she happened to see someone walking in the hall connecting the wing, so she said, "Hi!Good morning!" But instead of saying "Hi!" back, the person disapeared in mid air! My friend tells me that early in the morning on a day with a full moon, a ghost apparates in the locker wing that is said to be haunted. Again, I can't say what school it is, so please don't ask. (This school also has a ghost in the theatre, and my brother's English teacher says she's seen it.)
Ariel (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-11)
Nice Story.
Schools Are Always Creepy When You're In There On Your Own.
I Hate It & Can Totally Relate:/
bumblebee55 (1 stories) (40 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-08)
cool story.
My elementry school was pretty freaky, too. In math/science class, the door would just open and close by itself. I asked my teacher about it, and he said it was just "a draft", but there were no windows or other doors open to create a draft. The same thing happened in the class across the hall, which was my reading/spelling class, but my teacher in that class would say she didn't know why the door did that. 😲
Kated9 (6 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-16)
Well I went back to the school this past month. I seen Peter again, I was waiting after school with my little sister who goes there now. There were a few teachers and a couple of student there too, but what was weird was that only me and my sisters seen him. My sister looked at me as if she was imagining it. She wasn't. I seen him only 2 times since I was there. Just remembering what happened last time sent chills down my spine. Scary.: (😕
shahkhan (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-03)
Very scary. Do you have anymore scary stories?
I saw a ghost too.
In the school bathroom where I work
😉
taurusgirl10 (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-09)
Scary. My elementary school always scared me. It was built on a cemetery in 1996. A lot's happened there.
NewMexicoGhostHunters (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-28)
In the 6th grade you have to go into a bathroom in a haunted gym. Right now I'm in 5th grade and I don't want to do to 6th grade yet. And the gym is in the same building as the class room. They are so far apart you wouldn't hear a scream!
TheUnknown (1 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-11)
Kated9,im new and they say opening the roof of a building will release any spirit instantly. Its true when they tried it in Australia in an empty prison(this is true). When the workers were renovating, they had to destroy the 2nd floor of the building to prevent collapsing. While they were going to the 2nd floor, they claimed to hear voices and sounds of clattering spoons or forks.

This is a ture story that I got from a book(Its all true in the book ok)

Im want to do some ghosthunting and investigation(for a preteen like me).

Have a good time. 😁
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-08)
Hello Kated9. Thank you for an entertaining
story but unfortunately I believe it`s just a story. My skepticism is running wild, too much stuff doesn`t add up. Take care.

FRAWIN 😊 🤔
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-08)
Hello Kated9.
When I worked for the school system here in Indiana just a few short years ago, it was against all safety regulations set up by the state for any student to be in the building after close of the school day unless accompanied by a teacher or other adult that worked within the school.
All extra activities had to be supervised, as if something happened to one of the students, how would any one know about it until the unlocking of the school the following school day? I worked as a substitute janitor for several years, and there was never any deviation to this rule. If a student was found with in the school unaccompanied, the police were to be called immediately.
Are you sure you were the only person in the school after hours? The janitor locked up while you were still in the school?
Thank you for the story.
pepper (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-21)
Very scary story! I've always felt that staying alone in a school was eerie. Thank you for sharing.
vickifigueroa (5 stories) (34 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-17)
I would never stay alone in a school, that's just asking for trouble!You're pretty brave,man. But I know you gotta get crap done. Seems to me, that Peter guy is a creep! And if that was him who pushed you, I would've been pissed! I would have took off running right when I started hearing noises!Anyways,awesome story! And no more staying alone at school. 😜
CHINABOY5193 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-15)
Cool story, that's creey.

especially being alone, it gives me shivers.

thanks for sharing,

Help the Restless,
Chinaboy

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: