You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Experience Explanation

Real Ghost Stories

Experience Explanation

 

I have just registered after reading a lot of the stories here as I have lately begun to be interested in the afterlife as it is. I am a realist I do not believe anything I do not have evidence for or experienced it on my own. I would like to share a few stories I experienced in the past year. Please let me know if you think they have a relevant explanation.

It has been a Sunday after a long weekend of drinking a lot of alcohol with my friends, I do have sleep issues after partying all night. Anyway I was sleeping in bed and I saw myself sleep, as well as I heard a voice that was saying that I can't sleep without being covered otherwise my throat would be slit. Suddenly the vision of me started to move toward my sleeping body. At that moment I started waking up in fear, sort of sat up on the bed opened my eyes and I saw a black shadow figure in front of my bed. "Who the f* are you?" I shouted in terror. In a few moments the shadow would fade out. I did sleep with the lamp on that night lol. My tip is that it could have been just a hallucination from suddenly opening my eyes also if you take in mind the fact that I have been drinking heavily that weekend it could have an effect as well.

Second story - I drank a bottle of wine and agreed with my friend to go out at around 12pm. I went over to where he lives (we live in a village in central Europe) and my friend fell asleep. So I decided to take a walk to the cemetery nearby. When I arrived at the cemetery I sat at the chair and started to talk to the graves. Saying stuff like - "I hope you enjoyed your lives and are resting in peace now". I said a couple more stuff got board said goodbye and wanted to leave. I do like to post on instagram stories a lot so I decided to capture the creepy vibe of the cemetery and started taking pictures with the flash on (iPhone X). When I looked at one of my pictures I saw a floating round white mist right near a branch of a tree. I do not know if it was the fault of the camera or maybe something supernatural.

I know these stories are kind of lame, but I really need answers. I want to know if there is an afterlife and I want to know from my own experience! Is there anyway that could make me believe guys? I did read a lot about OUIJA boards, asked a medium what does she think about it. She said: "Do not try the OUIJA board you can attract the attention of entities you don't want to have anything in common with". In any case I do see a lot of stories here where the communication was successful via the OUIJA board and obviously ones that went very wrong. As much as I appreciate this forum for its content, as a realist those are only stories for me. I have decided to try it out myself. Is there any correct way/procedure on how to use the OUIJA board safely? I would appreciate if anyone would let me know so I can get the answers I seek.

Thank you in advance guys!

WispO

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, WispO, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

The_Morrighan (2 stories) (44 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2020-10-31)
If you're absolutely set on using a Ouija board please remember to treat every spirit with respect but most importantly, at the end, shut the session down properly. I like to thank the entities, declare the séance over and say 'goodbye' but you'll find your own formula.

That said I'd recommend that you don't use a Ouija tbh: they're dangerous gateways and, as others have said, you should NEVER use them when you're impaired as you'd be a sitting duck.

Blessings.
MrsRamsay (guest)
+3
4 years ago (2020-10-10)
Hi Wispo,
I'm not an expert at all, and personally would stay far away from a Ouija board. Just wanted to comment that your experiences after drinking sort of opened your eyes to this topic, and perhaps, before jumping on the Ouija, you should just live your life with your eyes wide open, looking for proof that way. For example, since I started really believing in the spiritual world, I look much more carefully at all my photos, and have found two or three that show obvious irregularities. I've started keeping a file (haha, called X-Files!) on my computer where I put strange finds. You'd be surprised how fast you start noticing them. And it's good to have them in one place. Also, document strange things that happen to you, or strange dreams. All of these things might take patience, but it's the better way to go, imo. Messing with things we don't understand is probably not that smart. Living life with all the passion and joy possible, while noting the spiritual world safely, might be the more productive way to go. Don't force it, have patience. That's my advice, good luck and God bless you.
SalixArbuscula (7 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-10-06)
Greetings, WispO.

Regarding your first experience: It is rarely wise to trust the senses when impaired by alcohol. Both it and the dehydration it causes have been known to produce hallucinations. In addition, the brain does funny things while asleep. Lucid dreams, sleep paralysis, and hypnagogic sensations are all well-documented phenomena.

For your second, flash photography is also an inexact science. Is it possible to make the photo available on the site? Was it possibly dust, a spiderweb, a reflection from a dewdrop? I got some great orb photos during a ghost tour once, but I knew they were just the pollen and dust I had spent the entire tour trying to rub out of my eyes.

Finally, regarding the Ouija: Let me start by saying I applaud your search for the truth. A curious mind is a wonderful thing and I understand that the question of the afterlife can be quite pressing for any number of reasons. HOWEVER, this particular path can be a dangerous one. There is a reason that research is the first step of the scientific method. Yes, the ouija has been known to open doorways, but it has been known to let lots of unsavory sorts of things through those doorways. Things that lie, attack, and don't leave, especially if you forget to say goodbye. And yes, these are only stories, but if you want an experience you are able to trust, I still would not recommend the ouija because of its fallibility. Watch a video of people doing a session blindfolded; I saw it done on the Science Channel (I think?) show Brain Games (not the game-show style reboot, but one of the older ones). It's... Enlightening? And everyone's insistence that they're not the ones moving the planchette? It's subconscious. Try this: Loosely mesh your fingers together, extend both pointer fingers and hold them an inch or two apart from each other and about six inches from your face (don't know the metric conversions for that, sorry) and stare directly at the middle of the space between them. If you're like most people, your pointer fingers will try to meet in the middle without you having any say in the matter.

If you are looking for evidence by your own senses, I would suggest seeking it elsewhere. But carefully! (And unimpaired!) No matter what you do, be a good gatekeeper for yourself and your space, and be very careful what you open yourself up to.
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-10-03)
Hello WispO and welcome to YGS,

I agree with Tweed and LightMight - if you insist on using a Ouija Board, do not use one while you are drinking. Your own condition is likely to be the only thing you can be in control of and, if you actually do get any kind of answer, you want to remember what they said correctly.

Also, do you think you could upload the picture you took to a file sharing site?

- Maria
LightMight (4 stories) (137 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-10-03)
Hi WispO, and welcome,

I don't have any explanations to offer you, but I do have a few suggestions.

First and foremost, if you are serious about learning more in regard to coming in contact with the spirit world, it's very important to learn how to ground and protect yourself spiritually before using any form of communication. Once you learn the techniques of grounding and protection, then practice, practice, practice the techniques daily. Also, you must learn how to use your intuitive abilities if you're going to try to communicate.

Another very important issue here is to understand that you shouldn't drink alcohol or use any substances while trying to communicate with the spiritual realm - there are several reasons why you shouldn't, but specifically you make yourself vulnerable to anything and everything when your mind is not clear. When your mind is hazy and clouded, you have less control over what is happening in and around you...

Whether it's using a spirit board/Ouija, or just sitting in a cemetery, trying to communicate with spirits is something that shouldn't be treated like it's a game. There are many stories here and elsewhere online that are proof that when you mess around with spirits, especially if you aren't prepared for what you are dealing with, it can go very wrong quickly.

Good luck, and be careful - LightMight
Tweed (35 stories) (2497 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-10-03)
Hi WispO,

Sounds like you're resolute on having a ouija board experience and... Well okay. But you've been warned. If nothing happens you'll carry on not believing in things, and that's okay too. But a bad haunting can take time to warm up. So you may not know it's happening, and also won't get the proof you're after. Or you'll get your proof through a blatant scare and wish you'd never done it like so many others.

I'm not superstitious when it comes to ouija boards, but, and apologise if this offends you, if you're regularly drinking heavily that's really NOT something you ever want to combine with a ouija board.

If you must do this do it sober, say a prayer or play some music, (whatever puts you in a positive and loving frame of mind, imagine yourself protected by positivity. Don't do it with anyone negative. You want to create a serene atmosphere.

But I would advise against using a ouija board to prove the other side. Simply asking for trouble. I suggest asking your guardian spirits (I believe we all have at least one) to show you some proof. This can be done in the same way people pray, through meditation or simply asking out loud.

All the best, hope you find your proof in a nice way from a nice entity. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: