You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: Childhood Sighting Needs Explanation

Real Ghost Stories

Childhood Sighting Needs Explanation

 

Before I moved to North Carolina, I lived in Georgia for 12 years. We lived in a great house. I have such fond memories, except for a few. There is one experience in particular that has haunted me through the years.

Our house was a nice one. It had three bedrooms and two baths, a kitchen, utility room, den, and a formal living/dining room. I started to take piano lessons in elementary school. My parents bought me a beautiful piano with real ivory keys. They put it in the living room, since it really was not used that often. Every night I would go in for 30 minutes and practice. I always felt a little uneasy in the room, but I continued to practice.

Whenever we had family that stayed with us, we always folded out the hide-away bed that was in the living room couch to accommodate our visitors. My grandmother had come down to stay with us for a week and we had her set up in the living room. It was the weekend and my grandmother had taken my older sister out and about. My mom and I were the only ones home. She asked me to go lie down and rest for about an hour. She was in the middle of changing the sheets on my bed so she suggested that I lay down on the bed in the living room.

I walked into the room and immediately felt unsettled. I shut the French doors behind me and hopped up onto the bed. I curled myself into a ball and scooted to the very middle. The doors as I mentioned were French style, so they had little "windows" over the surface of the whole door. I looked over at the doors and noticed an odd reflection. It was a small creature, about 2 or 3 feet tall and it was black in color. I could not make out a face, but it had two arms and two legs, it was human like. It also appeared to have two small horns on its head. It was behind me, near the dining table we had. I quickly turned and looked over my shoulder but there was nothing there. When I looked at the doors again, it began to walk towards me. I again looked back to try and see it, but there was nothing. I stole one last glace at the reflection and screamed when I saw it was trying to get on the bed with me. I flew out of the room and never went in again. I stopped taking piano lessons because I was too scared to go in the living room.

I have never figured out what I saw. It was so odd and it still frightens me. I am hoping maybe someone will know something and help me. I got such great feedback from the previous story I submitted, and I am hoping to get that again. Thanks for taking the time to ready my story.

Other hauntings by pharmgirl

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, pharmgirl, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Slenderman (33 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-29)
To me it sounds like possibly an imp or a goblin, according to folklore goblins can serve either side of good or evil.

To pick up on Pete16's point, don't take everything that is commented to you to heart, as none of us know what it is, we are merely offering our guesses.

Keep it real,

Slenderman.
Bbrave (1 stories) (131 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-09)
Sorry I can't offer any idea of what it may have been. But I can offer this advice should you have any more sightings try to remain calm and you will be fine
pharmgirl (3 stories) (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-05)
I was about 7 at this time. My mom always insisted that we "rested" during the day. The reason, as I have before stated, that I was in the living room in the first place was because she was doing laundry, hence changing sheets. It was the middle of the day, so there was no "darkened room" theory. I never saw this figure again because I never went back into the room again. I quit piano because it terrified me. I had a lot of scary things happen to me in that house, but that one was by far the most terrifying. It still scares me to this day.
dustyisdead (2 stories) (90 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-21)
I agree with vulcan, if you were young enough for naptime (hopefully no older than 4 or 5), it was probably just your misremembered imagination. Especially since you never saw it again, I wouldn't worry about it.
It seems like people have been watching too many paranormal shows and like to say everything is a "demon" based on some of these comments.
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-27)
How old were you that you required rest in the time that it would take your mom to change the sheets on your bed? And just an hours rest at that. I don't think my mom has told me to lay down and take a nap since I was over the age of 5. And if you were that young, seeing a reflection in the glass of a darkened room doesn't really seem that odd. Kids see stuff like that all the time. You also say that you were in elementary school, so you were 11 or younger and you had to nap which put you at approx. 3-6 years of age, and you lived there for 12 years? That means that you had to have lived there for several more years. Did you see this again in the remaining years there?
KoltenAspen (39 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-05)
Woah as I was reading this when you said I saw a creature about 2 or 3 foot tall the image immediately popped up into my head of what it looked like and when I continued reading it said what I thought the creature looked like and I got freaked out 😨
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-21)
Wow sound like some little demon "Imp" Maybe. Just my opion.
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-02-09)
sounds like a dream hallucination. Or more precisely, near dream. I'd be a liar or delusional if I said, "Oh yow! I know for sure its a demon" or some other mythical figure. And even more so to say that I would know of their world and the laws thereof. No one in this reality really does. No more than I could possibly know what its like to exist in the world of the dead and know their laws governing their reality, since I'm obviously typing in this one. It is an interesting experience though, and maybe not a near dream but an actual paranormal event. Kind of hard to tell by now. Did your parents or any siblings have anything happen to them while there? Or have you since?
xGhostBustersx (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-08)
Ignore the it bit at the end lol Didn't mean that "it" to be there.
xGhostBustersx (2 stories) (5 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-02-08)
That sounds scary, It sounds like a demon to me or some kind of bad or negative spirit. They say reflections and mirrors can be doors to spirit worlds. Spirits can be quite attracted to young children and attracted to people with bright energies about them. I agree with Boldy Locks though, about the feeding off the energies of fear. I believe that entities can do that. But you will never know exactly what it was, that's the thing with the supernatural. It's the unknown. Ive heard of things like this before though, we get it a lot of ghosts in England lol.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-06)
I agree with boldlylocks I too saw one these when I was 3 years old, but this one served the light, I also believe my mother saw one as well, the fact that you were unsettled probably was giving it energy to feed off,
Take care
Boldylocks (13 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-02-06)
What came to mind was that it was a type of being from the dimension close to ours-- that we call the "faery realm". There are many various types of beings in this realm, and like humans-- they have the choice as well to chose between serving darkness or serving Light.

Some of these beings --while they are not demons-- lean towards the negative side, and they do love feeding off of human fear and "stoking the fires" to get a reaction from humans. While demons definitely do exist, they are not demons. They are beings that feel at home with demons however.

I don't have the right to assume this being was one of the negative ones, as he could have just been curious-and wasnt' up to anything harmful. Did you get bad vibes when you saw him?

There are also those in that realm who are very beautiful Beings who work on the side of Light and planet restoration. Occasionally there are times the veil between our Worlds gets a little thin, and we can see them.
pharmgirl (3 stories) (10 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-02-06)
I never thought about the piano being the issue. It was also very old as you said. We actually moved to NC when I was 12 and brought it with us. We did have some things to happen up here, too. I have heard my name being called in a menacing voice and heard footsteps at both the houses I lived in.
That being said, I am not saying 100% something was "after me". I try to rationalize things, but these odd happenings don't have any explination.
It does seem however, that after I got married and moved out I have not had any negative activity. Thanks for all the comments, everyone. It's awesome to hear feedback from so many different angles and I really appreciate it.
Akemi (guest)
-1
14 years ago (2010-02-05)
i cannot explain this, I have not heard of this before, but I must say I this seems real. I have heard of stories about other evil entities, so this one must be real. I believe you are not imagining this. It may just be a demon interested in you. It may have something to do with the piano. Do you still have it? If you do, and you are worried about it, I suggest you get a real psychic to check it out. This piano sounds pretty old when you got it, so maybe it has some history behind it. If nothing is bothering you now though, I suggest you leave the matter alone. I hope this helps
pharmgirl (3 stories) (10 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-02-05)
Let me start out with thanks for the great comments! Here is a bit more info: That was the only time I saw the figure. I feel very confident it was there. It was during the day and rather bright in the room, so I know that nothing could have caused the movement. I have had odd things happen to me throughout life. Another in particular was one night I saw what seemed like over a million eyes looking at me. Even when I closed my eyes I could see them all staring and blinking at me. I am just trying now as an adult to wrap my head around my experiences. Once again thanks for all the awesome responses!
moonshadow (3 stories) (146 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-02-05)
Hi pharmgirl.
That was a scary story but like (pete16) I allways like to look for logical explanations for any paranormal happenings that is not to say that I dout you in any way, As you say you allways felt uneasy in that room and seeing a reflection like you seen in the windows of the french doors and when you turned around there was nothing there then you seen it getting unto the bed it does sound like something was there allright.
I don't know what it might of been probabley an inhuman spirit from the spirit world but as you never seen it since I wouldent worry to much and don't give give up on the piano no spirits have the right to scare us away from what we love doing and let them know this in loud voice too music is the magic of the world I couldent live without it you should definetley go back into the living room again I know it's not easy but give it a try and play that piano like mad and fill the room with beautiful music hope all goes well for you take care and may the light of the great spirit shine upon you keep me posted...
Pete16 (2 stories) (49 posts)
+5
14 years ago (2010-02-05)
Pharmgrl, I just wanted to respond since you are looking for different types of feedback. I think it is amazing that there are so many people who read this site that are open to the paranormal, but just because we are all open to the paranormal does not mean that every strange experience can definitely be attributed to some kind of entity.
One time, I woke up in the middle of the night and saw a moving, white shape right next to my bed. I stared at it, trying to make sense of it, but couldn't. As I watched it continuing to move, I told it to go away (immediately thinking of ghosts...) When it did NOT go away, I panicked and turned on the light only to find that it was my childhood blanket that I had somehow flung onto my dresser in my sleep, and it was slowly sliding down.
I only write this because it concerns me that people may tell you it was a negative entity, but, after reading your story, there is no sure evidence of this, just simply a scary-looking figure you cannot make sense of. If I had never turned the light on that night, I might believe I saw a ghost. Since you never encountered this creature again, perhaps, if it were some kind of entity, it chose to leave you be, or perhaps there was some kind of hamless explanation.
I don't usually speak up this way, but it's important to me that you hear some other perspectives, and that you not jump to scary, negative conclusions.
Once again, believe what makes the most sense to you (after all, YOU were the only one there), but just because we all BELIEVE in the paranormal, does not mean we should forget to offer natural explanations.:)
O_okyleo_O (1 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-02-05)
sounds like it may have been a negative entity (i.e. A demon), but if you haven't dreamed about it or seen it lately, I think you should have anything to worry about.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: