You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Edmond's Explanation

Real Ghost Stories

Edmond's Explanation

 

This is my third story, as usual I am so sorry for my poor English and will try my best to explain this the way I can.

This incident happened not to me but to my grandfather (his name is Edmond) a long, long time back while he was very young. Now he has passed away but he told me this story when I was a kid and asked him why he's getting seizures time to time the below was his explanation;

In Sri lanka there is a town call "Kiribathgoda" now a days it's a sort of modernize city but back in 1930's this place was half Jungle village.

Edmond and his family used to have a paddy field, and all together he had 6 brothers and 3 sisters. (Guess those days they had too much free time:)) ) Every evening two brothers have to go to their paddyfield and spend the night guarding for wild animal attacks.

On this particular night Edmond and a younger (his name is Sunny) brother were on duty and between 3 and 4 in the morning it was so cold that those two started shivering, so they decided to come back home which is about a mile walk.

To get home they have to walk through little forest area with some grown trees and debris.

While they were walking and talking, Sunny who was walking behind Edmond has said that he needs to pass urine and stopped but Edmond kept walking because he heard the footsteps and the short replies (Yes and No's) of Sunny following him behind. Edmond kept on walking and talking mainly complaining about the cold weather and asked "so don't you want to stop to pass Urine" but no reply. So he turn back but - no one was there.

Edmond got very scared and fell down with a seizure. Sunny had carried him home safely but with high fever of which Edmond got cured some days later, but suffered time to time of a seizure. I too witnessed when I was young and believe me it's really scary to see.

Sorry the story is too long but hope you guys enjoy. What I have explained is what I have heard from my Grandfather exactly.

Other hauntings by Pasindu

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Pasindu, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Pasindu (9 stories) (25 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-02-15)
AugustaM, well the story told by my Grand father and for him it was a Ghost.
These night shifts were going on from small days to my Grand father and his brothers.
Sometimes there might be a very good scientific explanation for most of these cases on YGS same as mine. Well who knows. We were not there! 😳
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-02-14)
It is possible that Edmond suffered a mild stroke or aneurysm on his walk after Sonny peeled off to relieve himself. The breif experiences of the blockage and possible subsequent bleed could conceivably have caused an hallucinatory event. It is also possible that Edmond was already sick and didn't know it yet. At first, cool air would've felt good on a fever then as his body temperature dropped, he would've grown colder faster than Sonny and the fever would've grown exacerbated. High fevers will first cause hallucinations and as they climb, will eventually cause seizures. In either event, the effects could be lasting.

Health crisis or ghost? Hard to say!
valkricry (49 stories) (3270 posts) mod
+1
5 years ago (2019-02-12)
Pasindu, just so you know, we would not be able to publish the myth about Mahasona. We try to publish only real personal ghost experiences.
Pasindu (9 stories) (25 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-02-12)
lady-glow... 😊, No no. You got it all wrong, its about a Demon named Mahasona (The most scariest demon of all time in SL), a head of a bear and a body of a human bean (If you want to know the myth about that story I can post it on YGS)...this story about two families fighting over a land so one family send Mahasona (using some evil way) to destroy the other family by bonding Mahasona to a little girl pinching her hear by needle.
All I wanted to tell you is that these things were real in Sri Lanka those days but when ever old people get scared they think its the Mahasona.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-02-12)
Pasindu - I watched the linked video... Though I have no clue about what's said, it looks like a combo of "The Exorcist", "Dracula" and "The Werewolf", I hope not to dream about it!😱

Are you suggesting that what your grandfather witness that night might have been a curse or a spirit sent by some ill-intentioned person?
If that's the case, did anything else other than Edmond's epilepsy happen to anyone else in the family?
Did anyone else experience anything unusual during their nights taking care of the paddy field?

Anyway, I hope that there weren't any possessed flesh-eating people in that village.
Pasindu (9 stories) (25 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-02-12)
Hi lady-glow, for him it is a paranormal, Srilanka is very famous of doing all these Evil and demonic things to people (Older days).

Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKtdoZ1aWLk

Check this video, it's just a movie but in real life (older days) people used to practice these kind of evil things.
Pasindu (9 stories) (25 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-02-12)
Hi valkricry, See, for my Grandfather it was a ghost who had followed him and that's the reason he got scared and fell. The shock he got made him sick for the rest of his life. Maybe a ghost or maybe I don't know.
valkricry (49 stories) (3270 posts) mod
+5
5 years ago (2019-02-09)
lady-glow, ah, it isn't obviously a ghost story, but it is there. I had to read it twice before I got it, so don't feel bad.
Sunny expressed his need to pee and went to do so, however Edmond kept on walking thinking Sunny still followed as he could hear his footsteps and 'Sunny' would reply to him either 'yes' or 'no' as they talked. Edmond didn't even realize Sunny had already left to relieve himself, until he turned around. So who had he been traveling with? Who was he talking with? Maybe a spirit. 🤔
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-02-08)
Hello Pasindu - I'm not sure if your (grandfather's) story should be considered paranormal... Where's the ghost?

Nevertheless, I find it interesting and, somehow, can relate to it because one of my maternal great-uncles suffered from seizures for the most part of his life.
The story goes that my maternal great-grandmother was always dressed in black and, one day someone came to their house saying that a lady dressed in black had been ran over by a train, as soon as my uncle heard the news, he ran to the train tracks and hugged the woman's bloody body crying because he thought her to be his mother, and his hands got covered on her blood.

Fortunately, the dead person wasn't my G-GM, but uncle "D" came with a high fever and, after recovering he would get seizures regularly. Though I never saw him having a seizure, I was told that during those episodes he would rub his hands as if trying to remove something off.

Perhaps the fever and the psychological trauma were the cause that triggered the on-setting of epilepsy on both boys?

I don't know if Edmond got scared when he didn't see his brother behind him but, something to consider would be the effect of temperature on the intensity of sound.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: