You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: New Year's Eve

Real Ghost Stories

New Year's Eve

 

I have been meaning to write this story down on this web site for a while now. If anyone had read my story about the night of the eclipse in august, then you should know that this is just a continuation of events that have been happening in the trailer I live in. Another thing I should mention is that the only times there have been a lot of activity all at once were on the night of the eclipse and on New Year's eve.

It started at about dinner time when my boyfriend and I were cleaning up and getting ready to have people over. We kept losing things then finding them right back in the same place a few minutes later. We thought we were just imagining it but it kept happening over and over. It seemed like every time we needed something it would disappear.

After finally getting everything cleaned my friend Carson arrived. He, my boyfriend and I were sitting there watching T.V. talking about nothing in particular when my boyfriend said something and an unknown man's voice said, "Right!" in return. The three of us were so confused we looked everywhere to see if our roommates had come home but no one was there. We told them about it later and they told us that they had been hearing the same thing since the night of the eclipse.

A while later I went to the bathroom and I heard a loud cough behind my ear as I was washing my hands. All the hair on my neck stood up and I ran out of there. No one that was there believed me until the rest of our guests showed up. I was drinking after that and so was everyone else except for the 2 designated drivers. One got there before the other and they both said they heard a cough when they were in the bathroom. They didn't know I had heard it or that each other had either so its not hard to tell why everyone believed me after that.

Nothing happened to me the rest of the night but in the morning when I was sobered up as well as everyone else I heard the cough again.

Nothing has happened since though. I am getting worried about holidays and whatnot because it seems that is the only time anything really happens around here.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ZombieKiller, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

metalhed16 (14 stories) (119 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-13)
Celebrate at someone elses house lol

dont need those annoying ghosts bothering everyone lmao
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-22)
I just found it interesting that every time you seem to have a gathering where the alcohol was involved, the experiences escalate. Perhaps you should try having a get together WITHOUT it to see what would transpire? Just a thought. Nothing like testing out a theory!
Thank you.
Terryberry (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-19)
You may be right about the alcohol thing becuase I remember one night last summer a few friends were over and my boyfriend ran out to the liquor store and while he was gone I went to the bathroom. When I was in there the door knob started to turn like someone wanted in. I figured it was one of my friends but when I opened up the door no one was there.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-19)
It is possible that the high energy of the up-coming holiday event or gathering is giving 'it' more enrgy to allow it to manifest so you know 'it' is there. It may be the only time there is sufficent energy for these occurances.

Try taliking to 'it' wether you can see 'it', hear 'it', or are aware 'it' is there. Let it know you are aware, tell 'it' to cross over, to go where 'it' can find peace. Tell 'it' that the Lord is there and there will be peace and 'it' will not have to worry about the energy level to show 'its' existance.

Place a cross in each of the rooms, especially the bathrooms and bedrooms. Pray. Pray for whatever 'it' is to find peace and to be able to move on.

If these suggestions do not fit within your belief system, there are many ways to do a smudge ceremony or to have your haouse blessed.

Keep us posted, good luck!

God Bless!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-19)
Hey Terry,
I believe I would start to think that whoever this being in your home is does not like large gatherings. Either that or the alcohol is not what it likes. Have you had any of these things happen when it was just a few friends over, without the added alcohol?
Thank you.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-18)
Hmmm Maybe the ghost felt left out of the holiday festivities. Don't know if eclipes can cause paranormal activity to escalate but would be interesting to find out if it does. Good story and sounds very truthful to me.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: