You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: The Wolf Ghost at my Grandmother's Farm

Real Ghost Stories

The Wolf Ghost at my Grandmother's Farm

 

This happened at my grandmother's farm. We go there from time to time to enjoy our time and have fun. It is a pretty big farm and for some reason I believe that it has many secrets under its soil. I was 19 years old and we were on our way to get there. I was in the car with my parents and siblings driving all the way from our house to that farm that takes about an hour in a car, when I kept hearing howlings coming from somewhere as soon as we reached the area that has all the farms that I used to call "the dead grounds", as you can hardly notice any living being there, but still it's beautiful with amazing nature.

We reached the farm finding my cousins there, who are about my age. At night we made a big fire, sitting around it and talking when one of my cousins suggested that we start telling each other ghost stories, and since I have a lot of them I went first.

During the story I started hearing the howlings again and I looked around and asked them if they heard the same, they all said no. I asked my family who were with me in the car if they heard that when it happened and they also said no, so I just thought I'm hearing stuff.

After a while we decided to go treasure hunt like the old days when we were much younger, and I did not really find it a good idea because it was way too dark and I was the oldest between them all, and if anything happened to them I will be held responsible, but I agreed.

We took our flash lights and we went down to the woods that are around the farm. We kept searching and looking around in the dark. My little sister did not like it so she kept holding on to me, too scared. I suddenly started to hear the howling again and suddenly I saw this wolf standing on a rock looking at me with yellow eyes that actually looked like flash lights themselves. It kept staring at me for long, I stood in my place shocked and not being able to move, and I pointed the light right at it and it disappeared, and I heard the howling once again.

My sister was asking me what made me do that and I was like "didn't you see that wolf?". She said no to me and that I'm starting to scare her.

I yelled at my cousins and told them it's time to go back. While we were walking back I looked behind me and I saw the same wolf standing on the same rock looking at me but it did not look like it wants to attack me, it looked calm and just wanted to look right at me through my eyes.

After getting to the farm house I asked my grand mother if there are any wolves around there, and she told me that she never saw any wolf there, but only once in her life that she heard about a wolf who kept coming and the farmer who takes care of the farm saw the wolf one day, trying to eat one of the horses and he chased him down to the woods and shot him there.

Other hauntings by ShAdOwEd4LiFe

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ShAdOwEd4LiFe, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

MysteryVin (19 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-22)
Shadowed nothing to be warned about this wolf is reliving his death.
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-14)
Hi Shadowed, Thanks for sharing your story with us, as you said that your grandma told you a story that she heard about a wolf, but maybe that wolf was trying to tell you something, or was wanting you to find out what happened to it. Or maybe it is attached to that piece of land. Sorry couldn't be of much help. 😊
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-22)
AH HA! See? You knew the answer already, as you had the thought in the back of your mind from early on. Sometimes it DOES take an "outsider" to help you see what you already know, though. I have been in that same situation many a time.
I have heard it said that a Spirit Guide is also called our Inner Soul. I prefer to think of them as separate beings as I find it a bit hard to envision a buffalo WITHIN me. 😆 Though, I do not know, sometimes I can be as stubborn as one!
Thank you.
ShAdOwEd4LiFe (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-21)
hello to you all, sorry I did not answer you earlier. It was a shocking experience and it gave me fear, which would do to anyone. As for the secrets under the soil, I was told that there were a lot fo people who got burried in the same place, and in the farm in general before my grandmother bought it, and it has a graveyard beside it, so that what makes all sort of paranormal things happen there.
it never happened to any of my family but since I have a huge experience with ghosts I was the only one who was able to see it.
it could be my guardian angel as I never thought about it, because I once went to this psychic who told me that my inner spirit is a wolf.
it just stood there watching me but never looked angry or upset.
i did not scream and start running because I already deal with ghosts, so I know how to look at one and what to do when I see one.
thank you all for your comments, they are truely valuable, and I hope I hear from you all very soon 😊
looney85 (3 stories) (188 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-20)
Hey there my friend... I must say I enjoy reading another of your stories and I agree with the rest... The wolf is either protecting the property or you... Maybe it was trying to tell you to be carefull in those grounds. Also it won't hurt for you to do some research ok!

But if I would of seen the wolf I would of pee my pants and run away...lol

Take care, Love always... Neivy ❤
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-19)
Hi Shadow. I was reading some where about animal guardians. I'll admit that I don't know much about this at all but I've read that people have animals that are sort of connected to their spirit, guardian angels I guess. Certain types of animals have different meanings according to your personal traits. From what I've read it seems people have many guardian animals and angels. I don't think I'm quite getting that out right but you could do a little research and see what you think about it. Maybe the wolf was your guardian? If this was your guardian animal I think you're lucky that it has given you the chance to see it.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-19)
I have read the others comments and agree, this may be an animal, territorial in nature, protecting its surroundings and homes.

I have also heard of guardians over wooded areas. That is possible. He may be the guardian over that wooded area.

Also, in your story, you mentioned the secrets within the soil... I would be interested to hear the secrets you feel are there, I would also be interested to hear your other stories.

God Bless!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-19)
Hello, again, Shadower.
I smiled when I read "the dead ground" there are areas all over that seem to repel animals, but plant life thrives.
While I do agree with the others who have already posted, I have one added thought. You mentioned that you felt there were hidden secrets within the soil. What about the hidden secrets within the soul?
I know, that probably sounds odd, but THIS wolf has been heard by others, and ONE wolf was killed by the farmer out of necessity. Wolves are territorial, and very protective. Can you think of just one reason why you would have been able to see him, not once, but twice in the same night on that same rock?
I find it a bit odd that he would have shown himself just to you with no purpose in mind. You have seen, and heard many things before this, and were in the process of telling ghost stories (or at the end of telling the stories) when you decided to collectively "treasure hunt".
I do not think he came to you as a ghost. I think you found your treasure, only you will know for sure, as only you know what you felt as you looked into his eyes. Did you feel like he was trying to connect with you? Did you feel fear, I know you were shocked, I would have been too. My thought is perhaps this was/is your Spirit Guide.
I could be wrong, it has been known to happen 😊, but with what you have written, he SOUGHT you out. He STARED at you.
What do you think?
Thank you.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-19)
Hello.I agree with Frawin and Mustang. Animals can be attached to a place. I liked reading your story. I bet you thought you were going carzy when you kept hereing the howling. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-17)
Hi Shadow. I also believe that if a person can be tied to an area because of a violent death than an animal can be too. I also wonder if it was something that came as a wolf, something of an intelligent nature, trying to tell you something. Thanks for sharing your experience.

SHELBY ❤ 😊
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-17)
Hi Shadowed. Thank you for sharing your story with us, it was a pleasure to read. I would imagine that if a person can be tied to an area because of a violent death, so can an animal. It does make one think,doesn't it? Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: