You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Demon

Real Ghost Stories

The Demon

 

This will be my third experience I've ever had. Just a few more. It's hard to count because I keep remembering just one more then another. This was in 2009, I was 19 hanging out couch surfing friends' houses at this age.

I'll rename this particular friend, Miles. He lived in what my dad used to call the "gingerbread house" (my dad would drop me off sometimes) an adorable little home behind his grandparents. Miles and I went to high school together but didn't become friends until right after. But once we did, we hung out every single day in his tiny, cute home. For the most part things were normal and boring as teenagers are always bored but there was also not so boring parts and that's where this "demon" comes in...

Miles said this demon told him that his name was Jacob and even though I was into /am into the dead, I didn't really believe him at first. He said he learned its name during a Ouija board session but I remember that night too, there was so many of us hanging out and a couple of us thought he was moving the piece... But I do know this "demon" which to me, was technically just a bad person when he was alive because he often messed with us... Even during the day! The memories sound so unbelievable but I was there.

It always sounded like this ghost was in the kitchen being heavy footed, or rough, slamming things out of nowhere. More grunts than I can remember. But the most disturbing day had so many things happen all in a short amount of time. For starters, a few of us were just hanging on his couch all looking at Miles' tv screen which his computer was hooked up to so we were all just watching YouTube videos. Miles was in his computer chair and his bass guitar was leaning against his desk. No one was moving, besides the bass just randomly leans forward and does a couple spins before our eyes and goes back into it's leaning position, we all obsessed over that for a minute until right after, his pack of cigarettes which was on the desk near the bass LEVITATED maybe... Ten inches or less into the air and fell back down.

We were all shouting "did you see that?!" I'm sure one kid dramatically runs around in disbelief... Rightfully so because I mean, this was not stuff you like ever see! Minutes later, A friend of ours randomly let out a sudden "AHHHH" and grabbed onto his ankle and immediately lifted his jean leg and there was human looking teeth marks. He was bleeding! We couldn't believe it. Pretty sure that same day another friend was pulled off of Miles' bed by his feet and did the hardest butt plop and he just ran out of the house. I witnessed this entire day. It sounds so ridiculous but I can't forget it.

A year after that time I was somewhat homeless yet living for only a month on a couch just one town over from Miles. There was maybe 7 of us total in this one trailer and one girl who lived there gets a call from Miles and she brought it to our attention that he was on his way over with his girlfriend to stay the night. There were already 7 of us so we were thinking why? And where will they sleep? But he showed up very shortly after.

I remember a guy of the house opens the door and there's Miles and his girlfriend coming in to tell us that they were told to "get out" not just once but over and over and each time got more louder and aggressive. I'm sure half of the people there didn't believe him but after everything we've gone through, I definitely did. He said after all the stuff, this was the first he was told to leave his own home. He was shaking and just distraught. I couldn't understand how he could ever sleep there to begin with after everything he went through in that small home.

12 years later, we are 30 years old and Miles doesn't believe in ghosts. I just can't wrap my head around that he's denying such a time that I can never forget. Did he black all of this out? How can you be a skeptic when there was tons of witnesses in that time of his life? It's not like this was all word from his mouth but my very own eyes too and others! I know a couple other skeptics that have experiences they've shared with me but then go to say ghosts aren't real...

Oh my word, I just remembered a story I skipped. I was trying to go in order but I guess this was my fourth and I'll have to write my third when I have time. I knew this would happen! My third was when I was 15, so a year after my last experience. This is why I shouldn't count these.

Other hauntings by Jessbcr25

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jessbcr25, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Rajine (14 stories) (776 posts)
 
3 years ago (2021-02-26)
Someone's what might seem like harmless fun can turn out to be disastrous especially when you fiddle with unresearched things like ouija boards, who knows what you let out in the process.
JoJorocks (4 stories) (27 posts)
 
3 years ago (2021-01-30)
Hello Jess
I have a question on you. Regards on your friend got bitten. Do you have pets at that time when he got bitten. Have you tried checking it to the doctor?
Another thing is you mentioned that Miles forgotten all his experience, since it's so traumatic, maybe he deliberately tries to erase those things from his memory.
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2020-11-29)
Greetings, Jess.

It can be deeply frustrating to have a friend or a family member witness supernatural events, and then deny the paranormal nature of the experience. My brother, for example, witnessed the scariest event of my childhood alongside me, but does not believe in ghosts.

From your descriptions of Miles' behavior later in his life & his need to be surrounded by large crowds of friends, it sounds to me as though he's trying very hard to block out something he does not want to face. Don't get me wrong: some people really are just that sociable & love being surrounded by their friends 24/7. It seemed to me that his being part of a crowd and his claim that he had a demon *not* a ghost, when taken in conjunction with his later rejection of ghost phenomena, suggest that he was trying very hard *not* to deal with some underlying issue.

By the way, I do not believe that Miles' experiences were demonic in nature. Demonic entities take on a great many forms to deceive people; however, many of them choose to communicate in Latin or Hebrew in addition to other languages. There is no letter "j" in Latin nor in Hebrew; these languages use "I" and "Y" respectively. The odds are against a demon choosing a name with a "J" to identify itself, but a deceased person could have the name quite naturally.

Don't get too caught up in getting the chronology of your experiences absolutely perfect, as we sometimes forget minor experiences until circumstances remind us of them.

Best,
Biblio.
Jessbcr25 (5 stories) (10 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2020-11-28)
And he loved being around as many people as possible. His little gingerbread home was so much smaller than that trailer and he'd fit 20 or less of us in there. Much more social than I would ever want to be...
Jessbcr25 (5 stories) (10 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2020-11-28)
Hi lady glow! And I'm assuming because it was the middle of the night. Again, just assuming. At that age when I was living with my dad a year before that, I wasn't allowed to come home at an hour like that my dad made me come home before 10 or the next day. But as for my friend, I'm not sure. I do remember he didn't have the best relationship with his grandpa. But other than that that's a great question...
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
 
3 years ago (2020-11-28)
Do you know why Miles and his girlfriend didn't go to his grandparents place instead to drive all the way to the overcrowded trailer?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: