You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Menacing Entity

Real Ghost Stories

Menacing Entity

 

My husband and I moved every 4 years with our children due to our military duties. The last 3 assignments were Los Angeles to Cape Canaveral, Florida then back to LA. We found a newly built 2-story back unit suitable for us and quickly moved in.

About a month and a half there, at 7 months pregnant with our only girl, I took my usual trip to the bathroom at around 1am - as I returned to bed, something grabbed my foot and I fell to the ground. Luckily, I was able to lean towards the bed and bent my left knee to prevent falling flat on my belly. I was more concerned with the baby that I didn't investigate what was there. I convinced my husband not to take me to the emergency room, so I quietly cried myself to sleep while monitoring the babies movements. Apparently, I broke my back and needed surgeries to correct the injury but only after the baby's delivery.

During the span of 4 years, we had encountered a few paranormal activities at home. I heard little feet running from the hallway to my bedroom and whatever that was shook my bed as if it jumped onto the bed. I was expecting our 5-yr old son coming home from school, but it was only 9am. I was alone recuperating from surgery. It happened to my husband but we never shared our experiences, until one night...

I came home late with my visiting mother. I entered our room but went straight to the bathroom for about 20 minutes. I heard a squealing sound coming from my room but very low. I stood near the door to hear it again. It didn't sound like my husband. As I came out, he whispered and asked to turn on the light. He was frozen in fear. He asked me to look at his chest area to see if there was anything, like an indentation. He claimed that he heard me come in the room then suddenly his body started to sink in the bed. A dark mist appeared in front of him and he couldn't scream. He tried (hence, the sound I heard). So we started talking about unusual things.

Our daughter was old enough to hold a phone and take pictures. She took 3 consecutive photos, and the one in the middle captured thick smoke over my husband's image as if there was a cigar lit next to the phone.

My sister and niece came to visit from Belgium. We set her up in one of the boys' room. Due to the time difference, she couldn't sleep. At around 3 am, she noticed a foot tall black mass came out of the closet in front of the bed and floated towards the open door. This entity passed by the night light installed in the hallway, outside the bedroom. She watched this thing moved with a purpose. She was terrified and refused to sleep there again.

We eventually moved after retiring, still in LA. My husband told me that this thing followed us.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Mimi30, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

InTheNight (2 stories) (34 posts)
+1
3 years ago (2021-06-19)
Husband's experience in the bed sounds like sleep paralysis. Everything else, though...
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2021-01-14)
I'll be 40 in June. When I read the daughter being old enough to hold a phone I imagined an 80s rotary phone and pondered how a photo would be taken. That's how blonde I can be.

If Redwolf still posted she'd have some words about back surgery.

I've never been prego but apparently it does bizarre things to your thinking. Regardless I'd have thought survival instincts would kick in if something grabs you from under the bed. Maybe the couple had a cheeky cat?
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2021-01-10)
Hello Mimi30.

I'm having trouble understanding several parts of your narrative and have the same questions as Macknorton plus some of my own.

"As I came out, he whispered and asked to turn on the light"

"Our daughter was old enough to hold a phone and take pictures. She took 3 consecutive photos"

Do you mean by this that your daughter was taking pictures in the dark while your husband was squealing on bed, or did she take the pictures at random some other day?

"He was frozen in fear. He asked me to look at his chest area to see if there was anything, like an indentation."

Was there anything abnormal on his chest? If not, have you considered the possibility of him having an episode of sleep paralysis?

Did your son ever see the black mass in his room?

What made your husband think that the black mass followed you after moving away? Is it still with you? If not, did you do something to get rid of it or did it disappear on its own or, perhaps, stayed behind after moving again?

How long has it been since all these events happened?

Just because the house was newly built, there's no guarantee that the land was squeeky clean.
Have you researched the history of the area?
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+6
3 years ago (2021-01-09)
Hi Mimi30 - thanks for sharing. Can you please elaborate on this paragraph:

"...something grabbed my foot and I fell to the ground. Luckily, I was able to lean towards the bed and bent my left knee to prevent falling flat on my belly. I was more concerned with the baby that I didn't investigate what was there. I convinced my husband not to take me to the emergency room, so I quietly cried myself to sleep while monitoring the babies movements. Apparently, I broke my back and needed surgeries to correct the injury but only after the baby's delivery..."

Is it just me or is there so much in this that I don't understand that I kind of don't even know where to begin.🤔

Someone grabs your foot from under your bed but you, or your husband, don't feel it's important to maybe investigate for an intruder, at the very least? I have 3 children and when my wife was pregnant, on all 3 occasions I was extremely protective of both her and my unborn child. Maybe that's just me...

You have a "broken back", 7 months pregnant, a possible intruder under your bed but you don't want to go to get medical or police help? You actually convinced your husband not to take you to the ER? Why? You just cry yourself to sleep? Why? Surely you must have been in excruciating pain; broken, fractured back or slipped disc...

I also can't visualize how falling forward from a slow walk (more probably a waddle being pregnant), I assume partially onto the bed, and then down onto your knee, actually break / fracture your back? I've played a lot of rugby in my life and I know what the human body can endure.

Are you 100% sure something grabbed your foot, or did you simply trip over something? Did you discuss what happened with anyone, for example your husband, a close friend or the medical staff who would have no doubt asked: "What happened?"

Sorry to ask so many questions and no offence intended, but to be honest, for me personally, this is one of those recounts that just creates more questions... Are you able to please fill in the gaps?

Regards

Mack

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: