You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Drive Back Home

Real Ghost Stories

A Drive Back Home

 

Thank you for reading and appreciating my first experience with something which is not so much normal. I am sharing one of my recent experiences. Although, I still cannot figure out the reason of this, but it actually happened to me.

It was already dark and I was returning from Pune. Tired of driving at a stretch, but fully awake. I was crossing Lonavala, there is a strange thing happens in a section, it's about 500 meters stretch and you will face that the speed of the car starts dropping down, even though you press your accelerators, but nothing happens, the speed drops quickly, even though it's not a climb, it's a straight road. I haven't got the clue of this. But never mind, this is not what I want to share.

There is a high accident prone area in the Ghats and you will notice, an accident happens every second day in that road. But surprisingly most of the accidents happen in a particular section of the road only. I noticed an accident on that stretch on Wednesday night while coming from PUNE and something weird happened with me on Thursday night in the same section.

While I was driving slowly in the line of other cars, I was drained out in myself with full day's of meeting and work. But it's not that, I was hallucinating because of that. I could clearly remember that, I was alone in my car and suddenly, I saw a man sitting in my back seat. I now also I can remember his face. He was a average looking guy, clean shaven, wearing white shirt, smiling at me. I saw him from my real window and smiled at him. I was surprised, thinking that when I didn't stop my car anywhere, neither given anyone a lift, then how come someone can enter the car. I felt that something was wrong, and when I saw again, there was no one. Still I am not getting the whole situation or incident which happened to me.

But then it was not over, I was coming out of this, and then suddenly I saw the same man, running parallel to my car. I got a shock, that how come cars behind me are not blowing horns to him? He came here my front door window and again smiled at me, but this time, I was freezed. It was so much shocking that I forgot that I was driving the car. But fortunately, I recollected what I was doing and got a hold of it.

Although, I have a unique interest of reading and experimenting whole lot of paranormal stuffs, but to understand this and give a explanation of such incident is hard for me.

Other hauntings by mainakbiswas02

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mainakbiswas02, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

cutiepie11 (17 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-11)
OMG, that must have been pretty scary, I have heard of a story which exactly matches yours and the story was of Pune-Satara Highway where a large number of accidents have occured...anyways, it was a short and well narrated story.
raj89m (21 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-06)
These sort of hauntings often happen at places where accidents have occurred resulting someones death.

It happens when the death of an individual come before time. Therefore, the spirit is trapped in this world. The spirit then tries to make its presence known in the hope that someone will come to help it migrate to the world hereafter.
zombie_killer_of_india (35 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-11)
The place you have mentioned is known as 'sucide point'.My cousin who is staying in mumbai told me about it. Is this the old road connecting mumbai-pune?Then you must be aware that it is not much frequented during night and has already been covered in "fear files"
ragini (12 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-30)
OMG... We frequently travel to Pune. But please let us know the old highway or new expressway, as old highway has many sightings reported at particular time also.
😊
Regards
nikhil9860 (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-01)
can you be more specific where this stretch is located!
Is it on NH4 or expressway?
If possible please give me the coordinates
😜
saibal0078 (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-11)
Hey Mr. Biswas,

This is quite interesting and it depends upon your chakras. If one of your chakra is weak then such incidents arise if you are travelling from any haunted place.
saibal0078 (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-11)
Hey Mr. Biswas,

This quite interesting and depends upon your chakras. If one of your chakra is weak then such incidents arise if you are travelling from any haunted place.
aamod_v (1 stories) (22 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-27)
Interesting! First of all I must congratulate you for not losing your mind and not being numb. Even I have had some paranormal experiences and since studying them and searching for answers. Though I am not an expert but still I have some helpful explanation for you.
No, I won't say that your mind was playing tricks with you (considering the fact that you were tired). You were awake and that 'Spirit' showed itself to you. Not only did it showed itself, it also tried to lure you in Death-trap.
This has got 2 reasons.
1) It was all in all an evil spirit which liked or loved to claim lives of innocents.
2) That person was aware that he was dead and was experimenting if he could contact mortal world. His actions were curious but harmful.
Some non believers would say these are your mind games or your brain played tricks (as you were tired).
Again, just by carrying a cross or pendent of gods won't serve you any good. A weapon without a skill is harmless, same thing is applicable here.
Faith is your weapon. If you ever face such situation again, try to be calm and have faith. I will search for exact explanation for your incident as I dig up more.
Regards.
😊
sanjeevgeorge (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-20)
If what you say is true, carry a Cross with you. Because ghosts are afraid to come near the Holy Cross
saikia_natasha (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-26)
I am from Eastern India, I have been to Lonavala quite a few times, and I must say that stretch is a dangerous one. Some of my friends have experienced paranormal encounters in the same area while going from Pune to Mumbai. The Ghats have a long history. Several battles were fought there from 11th to 17th century. I think they haunt those hills in the Ghats.
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-22)
werid alright... Hmmmm. Look into the history of the road. Maybe there is something about that man there... Hmmm that's all I have for ya, sorry
GIRLIE ❤
Rezma (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-15)
That's very creepy, if I were you I would not be able to drive at all. My oldest sister had similar experience. It was several years ago and she was coming over to our house for dinner that evening with her husband. My brother-in-law was driving while my sister was in the passenger seat. She looked to her right and saw this women smiling at her with big red TIKA. My sister smiled back. About five minutes later when she look the lady was right there again, smiling at my sister. My sister smiled again and turned around to the other side. All of a sudden she realized that it was one lane road so the lady should not be next to her if she was driving. My sister turn to her right really quickly and saw it was just a head floating. She screamed really loud. Her husband stopped the car and asked her what happened, she was not able to answer him. She was shaking when she got home and was shaking when she told us the story. Spooky
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-06)
Thank you for sharing your story! I agree with others, I think it might have been the spirit of someone who was in an accident on that road.

Also, I can't say for sure but the area you're talking about, where the car slows down--are there mountains around there? Sometimes the mountains can create an optical illusion that you are going straight when in actuality you are either going up or down at a slight angle. Next time you drive that way, bring a carpentar's level (one of the kind with water or oil in it) and park somewhere safe, off to the side of the road. Set the level on top of your car's hood or dash if you don't want to get out, and it should tell you whether or not you're sitting at an angle.

This is usually the scientific explanation for the phenomena that folks call "gravity hill", which exist in many places including California, where I'm from. 😊
I_Am_SPECTRA (1 stories) (44 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-04)
What an incredible and very strange thing to happen. All I know is; it's a very strange world we live in. Thank you for sharing.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-04)
mainakbiswas02,
Although it does sound like a residual haunting, it does make you wonder if it could be the cause of the many accidents in that one section on the stretch of road you were travelling. Could this be an intelligent haunting? Is he doing this on purpose? And if so, why would he purposely want to cause these accidents?
Do you have any other information about this person?

Jav
Thunderuss (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-04)
Prehaps a spirit of one of the poor souls that got into a wreck or was run over by a car that could of been similar to yours, maybe? He doesn't seem like that bad of a spirit, maybe just trying to communicate with you in a way so you know what happened to him.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-06-04)
Mainakbiswas02 - there are many stories on here of people who experienced something similar to what you did. Here's one of my favorites:
Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=8996

Even though he didn't hitch a ride with her, I think you might find this interesting to read.

It would be interesting, to me anyway, to find a way to determine whether or not this is a residual haunting. Have you tried looking at accident reports or anything like that?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: