You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Floor Squeaker #2

Real Ghost Stories

Floor Squeaker #2

 

As usual, I just got home from working a 12-hour night shift. It's around 6:30 a.m. And my wife is just about to leave for work. We chat and she heads out the door. I take my boots and socks off - no better feeling after 12 hours of hustling on them. I must immediately try to calm myself down, shower, and get ready for sleep, or I might get my second wind and won't be able to sleep at all. We had rentals, antique cars, and remodeling, always multi-tasking.

I'm in our bedroom, barely sitting on the corner of the bed on my side. To my right, across my wife's side of the bed and about 8' away is the start of our mirrored hallway to the Master Bath. From my angle, I see all of the right side of the mirrored closet doors, which reflects the left side. I always turned the TV to the stock market because my hobby is buying and selling the occasional stock. And it's easy to fall asleep to...

We had a California King bed in a very small Master bedroom, so there was less than 3' walking room around the entire bed. I was about to get a bedtime change of clothes from the dresser that was about 18 inches from my knees, and head to the shower. I heard one loud floor squeak and then another, coming from my right and in the mirrored hallway. I know that something has just stepped out of the mirrors again. I reached in front of me and turned down the TV which was on top of my dresser. I looked over to the mirrored hallway and nothing was there. I heard two more floor squeaks and thought it made it out of the mirrored hallway, next to my wife's side of the bed. I hadn't even been home for 10 minutes, as if it was waiting for me. Two more squeaks and I feel it's at the corner of the bed, with the bedroom door directly to the right and it's partially open. There were two more loud floor squeaks coming my way and was right next to me on my right. My mind goes into overdrive thinking it's bigger than me; I'm dumbfounded. I could not make my own floor squeak at 200 pounds!

Now, the next squeak I hear comes up on the other side of me! Somehow, it either went above me, or through me...? I freak, and bolt off the bed and out of the bedroom, throwing the channel changer. At this time, I was 54 years old and never moved that quickly in my life. I was pacing in the hallway and was irritated that it would just move past me and not acknowledge that I was there. The door had partially closed after I hit it exiting the room.

Floor Squeaker

Floor Squeaker 2

I then headed to the Living Room to get my camera, fired it up, and headed back to the bedroom. I pushed the door open, took two steps in, there's nothing there, but I take my first picture. There was nothing, but a disco ball orb above my bed and over my head appearing in the picture. I pointed the camera up and snapped a second picture. The Orb was bigger and coming towards me, leaving a circle trail behind it. My wife accidentally erased that picture.: (I felt it was headed back into the mirrored hallway. I got to the wife's corner of the bed, stumbling and trying to lay on the bed to get the shot down the hallway. But I came up short and couldn't get the shot. So, I spun around and sat up in the middle of the bed (losing seconds bumbling around), and snapped the 3rd picture of the mirrored hallway. There was also an Orb in this picture, which was reflected in the right side mirror.

When my wife got home from work, I showed her the pictures on the camera. While showing her the pictures of the Orbs, I noticed that all the blankets were on my side of the bed and asked her if she had any trouble sleeping the night before. She said No, and that sometimes she would just sleep on my side of the bed while I was at work. I hoped this was a family member or a friend who had passed. I don't like invisible visitors or crap happening in Darkness. My imagination only thinks the worst. Full on apparitions in daylight hours are easier for me to handle.

This is the last story of the experiences in the mirrored hallway home. We lived in that home for 14 years, and we were constantly remodeling in the first 9, with no spirit activity. These spirit crossings that I've written about, previously and now, were in almost the last 5 years (after installing the opposing mirrors in Master hallway) of living in that home, and have since sold and moved away. I wanted to share the mirror experiences and put this to rest, but I've experienced more happenings since leaving this home.

I choose not to be included in discussions because I am just here to share my experiences - not to have them picked apart. I will join discussions on future experiences, but they won't be regarding any of the experiences in this home. These are true happenings and worded to the best of my (and wife's) ability. (Typed by wife -- for better clarity)

Other hauntings by CantunSEEit

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, CantunSEEit, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+3
3 years ago (2021-05-26)
Hi Cant,
No worries ~ sometimes when someone asks me how old I am/was, I need to do the math! 😆
Softie_thunder_thighs (14 posts)
+1
3 years ago (2021-05-23)
These pictures are so interesting. I like stories with pictures. ❤ 😊
CantunSEEit (16 stories) (17 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2021-05-23)
I cannot post anything without my wife checking me. I was 53 at that time. Forgive me. Sometimes I don't think things all the way through.
CantunSEEit (16 stories) (17 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2021-05-23)
Sorry I was 52 years old at the time of this encounter. Not 54. My bad.
Martin (602 posts) mod
+9
3 years ago (2021-05-19)
Note: some new photos provided by the author have been published 📷
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+2
3 years ago (2021-04-23)
Hello CantunSEEit,
You have opened my eyes to youths posting their experiences and what you say is so true. Their minds race, the pandemic is in their thoughts and they don't need to feel bad about their writing skills. Yeah, we were all teenagers once and we need to be more understanding with our youths and relate with a little more patience instead of picking their posts to pieces. I refer to myself and no one else when I say the hypothetical 'we'. I just recently commented on a young OP's thread, and I shouldn't have commented at all as you said, because I didn't have anything positive to say. I'd like to apologise to LilyCat21310 for not being more understanding. 😭 Forgive me for forgetting that I too was young once, and I should have helped you instead of critising you. Thanks to CantUnSEEit, my eyes are open.

CantUnSEEit, back to your disco ball orb that scared you out of your wits. Just for the record, I would have run faster than Speedy Gonzales if I was there. Especially with all the loud squeaky floorboards.

Thank you for sharing your post. I'm going to read more of your experiences after this one.

Best wishes,
😘
CantunSEEit (16 stories) (17 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2021-04-23)
Just before typing up this story I was reading a teenagers story. Don't forget your mind raced, you were easily excited when you were a teenager. And then trying to type you feelings. In this pandemic you notice a story that is not easy to follow don't be negative just don't comment. You know they didn't type there story just so they could feel bad about themselves, or their story telling skills.
Rajine (14 stories) (739 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2021-04-22)
Hi CantunSEEit

I have to agree with LightMight, perhaps these spirits are attached to you for some reason, a home cleansing might provide some help.
LightMight (4 stories) (137 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2021-04-22)
Hi CantunSEEit,

Another great story; thanks for providing us with the Squeakquel - it's helped answer a few questions from your last story.

I understand you're not participating, but I do wonder if you've had multiple spirits attach to you in different locations? It's awful when you get the feeling 'something' has been waiting around for you to come home, but then maybe this thing feels a connection to you? Something obviously was trying to get your attention, thankfully it didn't seem to have malicious intent toward you, or your wife.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: