You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Possessed Cat

Real Ghost Stories

Possessed Cat

 

I'm about to tell you all something that happened which I believe to be my very first ghost experience. It happened about 2 weeks after I started 3rd grade and will always be a part of my memory...

The day had started out abnormal in itself. I had been feeling strangely suffocated, as if I was in a huge crowd, even though my house was never stuffy, and neither was the school since it was newly built. Not only did I feel suffocated, but my mind had felt empty in itself... As if some veil had been uncovered from within, but nothing special seemed to happen the night before.

It was only until after school that I had noticed strange things. A dog I could only see through my right eye, glimpses of people never seen before from the corner of my eye. Everything seemed like there was a new world now. The only thing that I felt mainly odd about was that I could only catch these glimpses through my right eye. Even when I turned around from feeling a presence I wouldn't notice exactly what it was until I saw it from the right side.

About an hour before dinner, me and my little brother, Spencer, were having a drawing contest in the dining room while our parents watched TV in the living room. We had a dog named Toya and a cat named Shadow. While me and Spencer were drawing monsters, we both heard scurrying paws and clacking nails on the floor in the direction of the kitchen, but when we looked over, there was nothing there.

We searched around for Shadow to see if it was her, even shouted for our parents to help, but the second we shouted, one of the dining room tables moved a few feet. Now, our dog was outside playing with the quail in the backyard, and our parents had just yelled back saying Shadow was on our dad's lap, so me and spencer panicked and ran over to our parents, saying something was in the kitchen.

Our mom came with us back and searched for whatever it was, but didn't find anything. Except me... Who had been catching glimpses of something dark in the corner of my eye every so often in the corner of areas. Normally I'd think they were just shadows, but they seemed denser, and more mobile than a shadow would be in mid-afternoon. After a bit of searching, we gave up and headed to the living room to watch TV while dad cooked.

Later that night after dinner, Shadow had been sleeping in my lap as I watched some cartoons. Every once in a while, there were sounds of purring and mewing that I heard coming from nearby, but not from my cat. Soon after the purrs and mews, they slowly turned to hisses and yowls coming from behind me. The only thing that kept me from jumping off the chair and running to dad was the fact that everyone in the house was with me, but they never heard a thing. My brother had been asleep on the couch as well.

Finally, heading to bed, me and spencer started talking about what the chair could've been. Joking that it was one of our drawings coming to life and jumping back into the paper. But when I told him about the hissing and yowling, spencer seemed almost too scared to turn off the lights in the room to sleep. At last, we were forced into bed and our dad shut the light off.

I was unable to sleep though... Not because of the previous encounter, but because I was thinking about how cramped it seemed. As if I was supposed to make room for someone, I scooted towards the wall side of my bed.

After hours, I had finally gotten to the point where I was dozing off. But one thing stopped me from falling asleep... It was purring. Even though I knew it was Shadow under spencer's bed, I felt uneasy about the purring. It was louder than usual. Suddenly, my heart jumped at the sound of gargling and snarling. A sound that seemed as if my cat had been choked and force-fed something at the same time. I jolted up to see what was wrong with Shadow, but immediately regretted it as I stared at my black cat's glaring, green eyes and her bared fangs as she hissed and snarled at me. She was still at the foot of my brother's bed though, which was the opposite side of the room. But all I could do was stare...

Suddenly, the cat leapt at my bed and bore her claws, and my reaction was to grab my pillow and cover myself with it. All I knew to do was scream and yell as my cat slashed and tore at the pillow, trying to get through it to me. Even though I was being attacked, I was unable to strike back and defend myself... For it was my dearest friend in the world.

After a few minutes of yelling, I heard footsteps coming to the door. My dad burst in and turned on the lights. The second the lights turned on, everything stopped. My cat suddenly collapsed and I noticed spencer sitting up in horror staring at the now limp cat. I had never been so scared, and apparently, our cat had never done anything even remotely close to showing any signs of anger in the past. At least that's what I'm told.

I still have a scar from where her claws dug into my arm from a lucky strike. The reason I say this is a ghost experience, is because I believe my cat was possessed. The moment the lights turned on, I had caught a peculiar sight of what seemed like dark mist seeping out of Shadow's fur. It seemed more than the imagination though. The mist seemed to hover over her body before fading into the light which had been on for at least 45 seconds throughout the scene.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Rusegarn, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Laurenrox (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-19)
OMG a few minutes ago I was playing with my cat and I put my foot by her and she just went from cute and playful to nasty and the thing is when I said "Satin Get out of my cat this is God's home"She just became playful. IT WAS SCARY! 😨 😨 😨
luckysmc (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-03)
I do believe that cats can see things that some people can not see. But I honestly do not think your cat was possessed. I honestly think he seen this black shadow that might have been either in front of you, on the side of you, or behind you for him to react this way. I believe you have become sensitive to these things as a result from your comatose stage. Possibly, the reason your only able to see these things out of your right eye is related to the reason you were in a comatose stage (Braintrama to one side of your head, etc)? I've had a cat since he was a kitten in 1991 who had never portrayed aggressive behavior before, went into full attack mode at something in the room that wasn't visible to the human eye.
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-14)
Thanks for sharing this story with us. I do think that something surely something had possessed Shadow, and the mist you seen coming out of her when the light was on, was probably what was possessing her. I believe that it was evil, that found Shadow an easy target for she was just an animal, and animals are more alert than humans are. 😊
Dragon35 (18 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-08)
what you have here is a cross over but not in full you had what's caled a half crossover it is not usual for full born humans to have this but I don't think that you are full born
A cross over means that two worlds become one in a sort amunt of time sometimes for longer time and it always happens around portals
akatsukiconcubine (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-05)
❤ ❤ ❤
poor kitty.
it seems to me that she was temparily possessed by a demon or other evil spirit. The black "mist" you mention is probably that spirit looking for another host. Are you religious? If so I'd say prevent another event by hanging a crucifux or whatever over the door. I am catholic and I usually now early on before my sight starts to kick in if my crucifix is upside down this HAS happened I perform a form of indian exorcism immediately. This is only advice for prevention. Thank goodness the spirit left your home bc thiose things are nasty to deal with.
Axl_the_Hunter (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-04)
Interesting, your non-violent cat attacked you. I'm sorry you got scared, and sorry about your cat. I never had been attacked by a possesed animal, but cats are in between both the spirt and living world, and they are very intune with spirts.

Sorry again.

^ () *~Axl~* () ^
SomeoneUDontKnow (15 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-24)
Oh yah I forgot something maybe your cat saw your right eye and found something disturbing in it like you were the devil or something so it might have jumped at you and tried to kill you and maybe that shadow was the spirit of what posesed your eye. It may sound crazy but it might be true.
SomeoneUDontKnow (15 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-24)
This has nothing to do with a the story but its just a comment. Is it really smart to have a dog and a cat.

Now for things related to the story.

did your dog ever do things like this for there might have been a demon in him which passed on to that cat of yours.

Do you think that your right eye had anything to do with this occurnace of yours.

If that shadow came out of your cat I suggest you bring a poltregeist to your house or else if it was a demon it might possese another one of your family mates or maybe that dog of yours or maybe even You.

Have you messed with Ouija board in the same 4 months or so or cause if you did you might have opened a portal and maybe different demons will come through it and it might be even meaner and smarter.

Check for used furniture or anything spirits like to hang around their old things. If you find one give it away or sell it right away for if you destroy it the spirit will be twice as angry and kill you with sucess this time.

Sorry that my comment is so long I'm just trying to help. ❤
Mystic_Angel1 (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-18)
Poor cat - And poor you, seeing that I bet you were really scared.
Take care 😉

Mystic
Adventure_Ms_Aqua (10 stories) (71 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-25)
Yes, your cat might of just been possessed. If you saw all of those things, ghosts could be around. This happened to my friend... Sadly. Your cat wouldn't of known the incedent because of forgetfulness. It takes something dramatic to snap them out of it. Some things you can do if it happens again is face the cat and pour cold water on it. (Sorry, but it's a lot better than bonking it on the head.) On the other side, your cat could of seen something about you that disturbed it. Animals can see ghosts well, so if a human ghost took the form of you, and transformed your face so that the cat could see the ghost, obviously, the cat would attack. I know it sounds crazy, but on the last day of fifth grade, my buddies and I were swinging on swings and my friend caught a glimpse of the "devil" on me. I didn't transform, but my friend was able to see it.

Stay calm, and trust me, if any more things happen, just rely on God to help you.

~Adventure_Ms_Aqua
❤ 😉
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-25)
I do not think that I would have thought this cat to be possessed. I would like to think that I would have tagged the word protective to it.
Jping voiced most of my comment. Wonderful memory.
Thank you.
Elahie (3 stories) (28 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-24)
OMG 16 years o_o amazing... That cat's life was long... I have a cat that died at 11 years, I thought that was long
kitten101 (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-24)
oreo was like that he was clawing me and hissing and would not let me go and he sent my mom to the docters
PS.it hert:(
PSS. I feel bad for your cat
😊 ❤
ghostgirl88 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-23)
wow if my cats ever got possessed I would cry so badly beacause I love them so much hope shadow got better 😊

take care
ozonalions (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-22)
i'm sorry Ruse

Poor cat! I think she was. But how knows? Maybe she was having a bad day? Lol

I believe you

Lauren ❤ ❤
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-22)
Hello Rusegarn. I was thinking the same thing as Kim. I think that the cat might have been attacking something other than you. Maybe it was next to you or behind you and your cat was trying to get to it. But then you said that you saw a dark mist seeping out from your cats fur. So then it WOULD seem as though something DID possess your cat. I have never seen a person possessed except for on tv and I don't know if I even believe most of those. CAN animanls be possessed? I guess they can. They are living beings. If dolls or objects can be possessed than why not a cat!
Thanks for sharing your story.

SHELBY ❤ 😊
Rusegarn (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-22)
Thank you all for your comments! I'm glad I could actually bring myself to tell the story to those who'll actually listen, it makes things a lot easier. Like I said before for those who are surprised at the detail. When something big like this happens to me, I have the uncanny ability to remember every sense and detail if need be. I coulda put in more details of that day, but I don't want it being TOO long and all that hehe.

Tammy, thank you so much for your input, I know how you feel about getting all shaky from just typing or talking about it. The same thing happens to me all the time! My friends even get scared I might have seizures if I keep talking about the stuff >.>; But yeah, your thoughts on the reason she attacked me allowed me to look at it a different way! I think you might be right about her trying to attack something else... Because not much later after that. Something else happened which I'll post here next time. It's putting pieces together now, thank you so much ^^
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-22)
Hello Rusegarn. Thanks for an interesting story and I am looking forward to your future stories. JPing has already stated my initial response but I'm not rushing to judgment here as everyone has different levels of memory. Again thank you for a well written story. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
JPing (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-22)
Wow, and I thought my cats were crazy. Great story, thanks. I'm impressed you're able to recall it so vididly.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-22)
very strange occurance, I would agree. Even if the animal was not 'possesed' it is possible that there was soemthing else occuting to cause her to lash out in such a manner. You stated you felt like you were in a crowd, it is possible that whatever else was in that crowd had come around you so tight that Shadow felt as if she wa attacking them, not you.

Thank you for sharing your story with us!
God Bless!
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-22)
Hi Justin. I was quite fascinated by your story and the main reason(apart from the events that took place that particular day) was because I read about this feeling you got as if you were among "a huge crowd" and having glimpses of "another new world"that came to blend with yours. I have written a story where I'm describing a similar feeling. Actually, my hands are trembling a little as I'm writing this(don't ask why). As a result, I went straight to your profile and read that you were in a "comatose state for over 3 months" and something clicked. I have, numerous times, heard that many people who were in a comma and recovered, claim to have become more sensitive and thus, aware of "another world" around them. Obviously that has happened to you too. I haven't heard of being able to see "things" only with your right eye as you said but then, somebody with more knowledge can give you an answer to that.

Glad you came out of the whole experience with just a scratch and hope to hear from you soon.

Take care
Tammy
Rusegarn (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-22)
heh, she seemed to behave like she was scared of something around every corner of the house for about a year after the incident, then calmed down, this was quite a while ago, but I know every detail thanks to a) it being one of the most shocking things in my life, and b) I have a great visual memory lol

i know it's odd XD but I've lived with that cat for 16 years, exactly one week before my 17th bday she died >.>; I can tell you right now it wasn't just some random attack, me and my sis were actually the only ones capable of petting her belly XD if that helps any... Anywho, thanks for the input :D
BCEagles25 (38 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-22)
That's odd... I think you hit the nail on the head when you said he was possessed.

How long ago was this? How did Shadow behave after this possession? I she still alive?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: