You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Baby Brother

Real Ghost Stories

My Baby Brother

 

To give a little background of what I'm fixing to say, my little brother "john" contracted meningitis when he was 16 months old. The doctors had said he had the cold and sent him home regardless of what my mother was trying to tell them. Within 24 hours he was in the hospital and pronounced brain-dead.

To make a long story short... I was really regretful that I didn't get to know him like my other siblings due to the fact that I haven't spoken to my family in 2 years, which at the time before he passed, I only seen john a few times, and baby sit him. So I was deeply grieved, and felt guilty that I wasn't their for him. I shouldn't have let my bad communication with my mother affect my relationships with my siblings. All 9 of them.

Since the time he got taken off life support, I was very depressed, and asked God how he's doing, and I said I just want to talk to him, and let him know how I feel, and etc.

Well one day, about a week after his funeral, I got home from dropping my daughter off at school, and my son made a big mess of the refrigerator (3 y/o) and I was very irritated with him, so I sent him to his room. I went to my room afterwards and laid down, I don't remember going to sleep, I was laying their, then all of a sudden I felt a heavy pressure on my chest, then it was like I was watching a film clip of my brother playing with his cars and he was looking at me and grinning, he was in his diaper, just doing baby stuff but it seemed as though he was looking at me.

I started crying telling him that I was sorry I wasn't there, and that I loved him, and asked him to forgive me, then I felt as though he told me he loved me and not to cry anymore. Then it was over like that.

I felt God really has answered my pleas, and let me make my peace with him. My brother. Ever since then my guilt has been gone, but I told my mother about this, and she asked what he was wearing, and I told her the cars he had, she said those were his favorite cars. The clothes he had on, were the clothes he used to wear.

Thanks for reading. I tried to make this short.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arkansas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, n8tivegirl, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ghostfreak14 (2 stories) (44 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-12-23)
awwwwwwwww,that is great that he came back, I that was a great story... I am rely happy 4 you 😁
sunmoon (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-20)
I'm sorry;

and I loved this story I had a similar experience with my brother except he was 6yrs at the time of his death, 2days before his 7th birthday. He got ran over by a car in a parking lot. That same night he passed me and my cousin were sitting outside just talking. It was dark with a full moon. All of a sudden something inside me told me to look up so I did. A tremedus relief came over me. Directly above me was the full moon and the only clouds that were in the sky that night. Me and my cousin looked at eachother then in amazment the clouds, as white as snow and very clear, formed an angel. It was beutiful. Then at my brother's barial I was taking pictures. When they were developed I noticed in one of the pictures The clouds formed a cross. I felt loved and calm. A few years later one night I was upset and was "talking" to my brother. That night I had a dream of him. I was in heaven and my brother had on a white and gold gown on and he said- "I don't like it when you cry, everything will be ok. I love you too and don't worry we will see eachother again, not soon though (he said joking)..." Then I woke up feeling worm and safe. It felt good to get a message from my brother. Strange thing is, is that two years later my mother had a boy that looked and acted, until this day, like my brother that passed. I thanked god for returning him home.
HaleyScott (19 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-06)
wow I feel so sad and happy at the end. I bet my baby brother would do the same with me, I usually don't spent time with him, I barely do, and he still likes me though everytime I kiss him hard on the cheeks. 😳
essiej (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-29)
I can't even imagine what it would be like to lose my little brother. He's too little to be on his own. I'm glad you got to see yours again and that he is happy.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-25)
Hello n8tivegirl,
Dream state or not, you had a very telling visit from your brother. He is safe, and he is happy playing with his favorite toys and SMILING.
How wonderful that seeing him like this has relieved you of your guilt. In life we are handed many obstacles that we MUST hurdle to achieve what it is that we are supposed to learn. Past problems and differences do seem to get in the way, and it is such a chore to muddle through them. Please believe, if circumstances would have been different, you WOULD have been there, and he knows that. He loves you and forgives you, and all is well.
Thank you.
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-24)
When my son was five years old he would tell me that" When babies die they go to Heaven, get there wings and are, our Angels. And that when kids lose there teeth the fairy takes there teeth to give to new born babies.
With that said. I believe what my son said. Your brother went to Heaven and is an Angel now.
babyfranz (3 stories) (36 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-22)
Hi n8tivegirl

I totally agree with ozonalions. Your story was really really touching... It made my heart melt...I'm sure John is in the Lord's kingdom now. There's nothing to worry... Wherever he is, I know he is in peace...
ozonalions (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-22)
Hey n8tivegirl

That is soooooooo touching!
n8tivegirl, you know is seems you have a sweet little brother because he came back to you in a vision

RIP- John, the sweet little brother

Lauren ❤ ❤
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-22)
Hello n8tivegirl. God works in mysterious ways. Be it dream, vision or visitation it doesn't matter, the results are the same. Consider yourself blessed. Thank you for sharing your story with us, it was beautiful.

FRAWIN 😊 ❤
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-22)
Hi n8tivegirl. What a lovely story. I am so glad for you, that you made peace with your brother. Your brother is no longer sick and he is happy and your heart and mind are mended. It is just as important when spirits visit you in your dreams to give you a message as it is if they were to visit you when you are awake. Thank you for sharing your story and I am happy that you no longer feel guilty about not being there. Your brother knew that you loved him very much.

SHELBY ❤ 😊
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-22)
What a wnderful a beautiful story! Isn't it amazing that God allows our loved ones to return to us, to ease our grief and to let us know that they are at peace and they are safe and happy. He was playing, he was smiling. He will not be sick any longer, and he showed you that.

Thank you so much for sharing your story, it was absolutely beautiful!

God Bless!
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-22)
Hi n8tivegirl. I'm sorry for the loss of your brother, that is a terrible thing to have happened. I'm glad you've let go of your guilt and taken comfort from your vision, dream or visit. You felt very strongly when this happened, whatever happened, so I really feel this was much more than a regular dream. Your baby brother let you know in some way that he's okay and he doesn't want to worry about this anymore. Thank you for sharing your heart warming story with us.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-22)
Becca,hi and welcome. I was absolutely touched with your story! I'm happy for you, for being given the chance to tell him you love him and finally make peace with him. I hope that his memory will be a loving one and that the love you both share will always follow you.

Tammy
BCEagles25 (38 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-22)
Even if you did fall asleep, you made peace with him in a dream.

Peaceful story.
Randcan (62 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-22)
That's beautiful. I hope life is that way, and that people we love are o.k. And we continue. Thanks for the lovely story. I'm so sorry for losing him, and you told it very nice.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: