You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Hands

Real Ghost Stories

The Hands

 

This story is taking place in the apartment, in my room in which I still live in today. This was the second house I moved in since I was four. I was sitting on my queen sized bed that me and my mom sleep in. I just finished drawing a broken heart and I was about to put it away... When I suddenly felt cold air around the room. It was strange because it was a very hot and humid day and the windows in back of me were tightly shut. I took my sweater and put it on. Suddenly the chill was gone and it became hot again.

I was curious very curious and I kept wondering how the room temperature could change drastically and quickly. I thought my mom turned on the air conditioner but she was no where in sight. Then, I suddenly remembered that she was down stairs trying to carry boxes with my aunt. Now that the room is back to its normal hot temperature I went in the kitchen to get a drink. Then, as soon as I turned around to leave the kitchen I felt the temperature changing and it became chilly again.

I was walking back to my room, then suddenly I see something strange happen. I saw hands pointing to my aunt's room and the bathroom. Those hands I saw was no joke, the strange hands pointing to the room were pure white as if there is no more blood in them, they also looked very cold. I close my eyes trying to forget about what I just saw, it was very paranormal and it scared me. I could never forget about that day, I swore never to tell my mom for she would never believe me.

To this day I still look back and wonder why the hands were there and why they were pointing to my aunt's room and the bathroom. Maybe it's a sign of something that will happen in the future or a sign that is telling that something happened in this house before I moved in...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, denalix3, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-27)
[at] Frawin, I couldn't say this any better then you did. Good Job. I must state that t his story certainly has brought up lots of questions, that have not been answered yet.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-26)
To be perfectly honest this story is no more unbelieveable than any other story on this site. We read of mists, shadow people, disembodied heads,demons,full apparations and even my floating "monks".We have stories where we see,hear,feel and "sense" the paranormal. The only difference is WE defend our stories/experiences. WE clarify points of our stories when asked. WE answer the questions other members ask. WE do this because we are seeking answers and WE have a respect for each other. We all know who I mean when I say WE.
If denalix3 won't defend his story or take part in the discussion -what are we to believe?

FRAWIN 😐
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-26)
I am a bit Skeptical that this person who wrote this, don't come back and answer the many questions brought up.
Harperllen82 (1 stories) (33 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-26)
Maybe we offended them with all our questioning, but I mean floating hands? Really? It seems a bit far fetched, but if it is true and really did happen I would like to know a little more about it and I think everyone else would as well.C'mon denalix3, throw us a bone!
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-26)
It seems to me many of us have asked the person of this story many questions and yet I don't see this person responding to any of the post on here I wonder why?
Harperllen82 (1 stories) (33 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-26)
My question is how on earth did you see "hands" floating or gliding or whatever and just walk on by? If they were pointing at your aunts room weren't you concerned that she could be in some sort of danger? Has anything bad happen to her since then? Were they male or female hands? Why didn't you call for someone to come look at the mysterious floating hands? Weren't you curious what these ghostly hands were pointing too? And why were you drawing a broken heart? Were you sad or on some sort of medication? I'm not trying to be disrespectful I'm just trying to get a grasp on this. Maybe you could investigate previous owners of your house. Good luck!
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-25)
okay, I must admit I am a bit confused. Where these hands attached to something? Where they coming around a corner so you could not see what they were attached to? Where they simply floating in the air?

Where there any other experiences?

God Bless!
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-25)
Hi denalix3. A couple more questions, if you don't mind. How long ago did this happen? Has it or anything like it happened again? Did your mom ever feel anything strange there, or see anything strange? Have you ever had a sit down with your mom to discuss the topic and get her feelings on these matters? Looking forward to some answers, please clarify. Thank you.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-25)
Yep, I think I would have to wait until some of those questions were answered also. It could serve to shed a better "light" on the whole situation.
Thank you.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-24)
This also brings to mind the time my brother on his way to work at 5 am saw sets of legs in jeans and sneakers some in shorts and sandals go across the highway which also borders a cemetary. It was a bit foggy so at first he thought it was just a bunch of kids crossing but then it was 5 am and barely light so upon getting closer he should have seen them on the other side of the road and there was no one there. My brother has 20/20 vision so even with a bit of fog and it not being full daylight I know if he said he saw it he did. What he actually saw is another matter. He has traveled that road for 26yrs. And never had anthing like that happen before or since.
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-24)
If I get more details on this, I might be able to focus in on what this was about. As Jping said we need more detail, and since this frighten you so much. I am sure you may know more detail about this. Or re-write the story with all the details you can remember in it.
Like was it floating? Gliding? Just hanging in mid air? Did you feel you were in danger? Did it move when you got frighten from seeing it? Did it vanish?. Let us know so we may be able to help you with this.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-24)
People have seen disembodied body parts and they are usually hands or a head. I have heard them described as cold and very white ranging from being ethereal and whispy to solid and sculpture like. It's an interesting phenomenon.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-24)
Wow JPing, LOTS of questions! 😆 I will wait to see if the questions are answered and then I will post a comment.

SHELBY ❤ 😊
JPing (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-24)
Where were these hands exactly? You say you saw them in the direction of your bedroom, but were they inside the room, outside in the hallway, floating in mid-air or poking out from behind the door frame? Were they clearly a pair of five-fingered hands? Were they clearly pointing or was it more of a gesture? Which fingers did they point with? What mood did the hands imply? How far away from your room were you when you saw them? Do you were glasses? If so, were you wearing them at the time? What did you do after you saw them ie. Investigate?

I CAN'T stress enough how important it is that you be as detailed as humanly possible. You can NEVER be too detailed in the description of a supernatural event. You must remember that we were not there. We do not know what you experienced and without detail, we CANNOT even attempt to help you with your experience. You're not the only one either. Many other people who post stories here also fall down in the details department.

Please do consider writing a more detailed account of your story. There are some people on this site who truely do have an amazing insight into situations such as yours but without DETAIL DETAIL DETAIL! You cannot take full advantage of their knowledge and wisdom.

Jamie 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: