You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Blue Woman In My Room

Real Ghost Stories

The Blue Woman In My Room

 

Before I begin i'm going to input a little background about myself and the history of my house.

My house was a funeral parlor back in the late 1800s, it's right in front of an old Victorian cemetery. My room in particular has been a subject of many paranormal activities.

I move around so prior to my big move of approximately a year I had suffered from sleep paralysis continuously for over two weeks, that could've been due to my heavy use of smoking marijuana but there I also doubt that. Fast forward to my move to Ghana I also experienced sleep paralysis quite a bit, but anyway, once I came back from my year away and back to my old room I experienced sleep paralysis again and hence the story.

A little background information about me, I'm a Santeria practitioner among a believer in other spiritual faiths, in which I am also open to opinions from those of other faiths.

My story begins that night a few days into being back in my old house. I woke up in a state of paralysis followed by my spirit being thrown onto the floor and I got up and went back inside my body. As I'm still in paralysis, I see a blue hue of an outline that looks like a woman. Her features gradually became clear as she stood by my door with a warm smile. She didn't seem malevolent in anyway, but I wasn't sure if she had good intentions seeing as I was quite overwhelmed. She quickly came to me and wrapped me in a hug, but I got angry because I didn't understand why she was doing that? She seemed upset and disappeared. Shortly after I woke up.

Prior to this I always felt a female presence but I thought it was my grandmother as she'd died in that house, but this woman was clearly Caucasian and wore a Victorian slip dress that would've been used as pyjamas.

Let me know if anyone has some kind of explanation for why I was pushed out my body and this woman.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, infantmafia, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Dennis191 (1 stories) (36 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-06-12)
Sleep paralysis isn't paranormal as far as I know, at least the majority of the cases it isn't. Weed... Well given that there's different kinds of it, I couldn't rule it out, I do know it never caused me to have an episode of sleep paralysis, or hallucinations, or anything other than a good time, and the later emptying of the fridge... (lol) but I am not completely certain that this in particular is anything paranormal, because most things described here fit in the commonly experienced things during sleep paralysis, the only seemingly unnatural thing mentioned here is the feeling of an alien presence, and so it'd make sense to say that perhaps it was that womans presence you felt... I don't know, good story though.
ms_st0308 (6 stories) (66 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-06-11)
I hate to say this because I wouldn't want this to discount anything I've shared on this site in the past few years...but, I have experimented with marijuana a handful of times as an adult. With that being said, there was one time when I had a really strange experience that has some similarities to your account. I was wide awake and aware of my surroundings, but I was also very aware of "being" in my great grandmother's home. Almost as if my body was split between two places, but I was actively aware of being present in both. Also, my great grandmother has been dead for about 10 years and her home, though still standing, is very old and would be unsafe to go into now.

I wonder if this may be what you could have experienced? Maybe a joining of two realities or an awareness of two different places or times? I hope I'm explaining that in a way that makes sense.
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
 
5 years ago (2019-02-10)
Hello InfantMarfia,

I can't imagine living in a place that was once a funeral palor. There's no way I would be able to sleep there.

The thought of all the spirits lurking around would send shivers down my spine.

I found some information for you about OBE. It's a really good read.

Https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Out-of-body_experience

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Miandra
😘 ❤ 😘
MrsRizzo2429 (4 stories) (93 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-02-10)
Thank you for sharing very good read and very interesting experience. Also I am a smoker and all weed does is make life happier:)
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-01-29)
I have experimented with marijuana myself and my comments will touch on that. Various drugs have been used through the centuries by various cultures to put them in closer communion with the spirit world, though this practice is not necessarily recognized in mainstream US culture - I think it is still valid provided an understanding of what you are getting into. That said, the first few times I tried it, I experienced symptoms quite similar to sleep paralysis - I felt trapped in my body, awake but unable to move and had a massive panic attack - but my sober self realizes that was no more sleep paralysis than paranormal but an augmented PTSD episode from a past trauma. So the potential is there on both sides - you may get communion with true paranormal forces or psycho-physical hallucinations.

However, from most accounts of sleep paralysis I have read, they typically occur when one is waking up - depending on how long you had been asleep, the effects of the drug may well have processed out of your system... Its not like LSD, there are no flash backs.

So taking your experiences as purely paranormal, perhaps your lady in blue has developed some sort of attachment to you over the years. Her behavior sounds like unrequited love - in which case, it may have been her who threw you spiritually to the floor as she may have felt deserted when you left. I don't mean to say she is evil or even negative - just overwrought with emotion in the moment.

I too live next to a burial ground. I am uncertain that cleansing will really work in our situations but I do perform a condensed version every couple of weeks and regular shielding practices...and, when necessary, verbal reiterations of my "House Rules for Ghosties" and that seems to keep the peace.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: