You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Passerby Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

The Passerby Ghost

 

Friends, today the story I am going to tell you people is a story that took place with my grandfather (now dead) when he was a youngster.

My grandfather (my father's father) was going by his way from Thane (a small city in Mumbai), when suddenly he came along a passerby, who started talking with him, in such a way as if he was his childhood friend. My grandfather was ignoring him constantly as he had been told by his father and mother, when they were alive, not to trust unknown people easily, a lesson which he had learnt bitterly in his early childhood "not to trust anyone easily in this world, because people here are selfish and no one is no one's in this world, however you may trust anyone.

He realized that, the stranger who was walking and talking with him was telling all personal details about my grandfather's life. Now my grandfather got an idea that something was wrong with that person and got terribly scared and alert at the same time, since he felt that the man might be a criminal. Suddenly he saw the man's legs which were twisted. He got terribly scared, but decided not to show his fear, since the ghost might harm him. He also started talking with the "thing" In a friendly manner as if he did not know his reality and as soon they passed by Talao Pali (a lake in thane), he took his cigarette packet in a normal manner and lit his matchstick.

The thing or whatever it was turned into a huge tallest person he had ever seen or met, screamed in fear and disappeared in thin air. From then onwards my grandfather stopped going out in night be it any event. I have read somewhere that ghosts and other paranormal things are scared of fire. Can someone explain me is it a truth and who was the ghost, who knew everything about my grandfather. Waiting for your reply impatiently.

Other hauntings by Amchi1986

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Amchi1986, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

itsdan4u (23 posts)
+1
10 months ago (2023-05-28)
no such evidence Aamchi.
It also depends upon the type of ghost/ spirit/ entity.
Sometimes some entities associate their fear with the element that killed them in the first place.
This entity that you mentioned seems mythical and not a ghost of a dead person to me. Thats the best I know about this.
Hope this helps.
Pelatiah (4 stories) (73 posts)
+4
11 months ago (2023-04-16)
Yes, we saw "We Have A Ghost" a couple months back... With the guy from "Stranger Things."

I think moviemakers are seeing the popularity of the paranormal right now, you're right. Just good entertainment. I thought they wrapped that one up pretty nicely.
CrimsonTopaz (1 stories) (238 posts)
+1
11 months ago (2023-04-16)
Amchi1986 & Pelatiah,
I just saw another movie called *We have a ghost* A bit funny, and a bit sad towards the end. Without spoiling it, the ghost vanishes on and off throughout the movie, and towards the end turns to flames and desolves into the atmosphere.
Your grandfather experienced something known to others out there. What it means, or why some ghost do that and not others? I have no idea.
These movie directors must be getting their content from research *people telling them about their experiences* So there must be answers somewhere for you. Here on YGS and maybe a Google search too.
Pelatiah, Yeah it was interesting watching ghost rider. Unusual, but interesting. Lol
Rajine (14 stories) (740 posts)
+4
11 months ago (2023-04-15)
Hi Amchi1986

Here in South Africa many people believe that spirits (not necessarily the deceased) are afraid of fire, that is why whenever we have to travel back home or anywhere after dark we usually light a match and throw it behind us before we enter our house, some people who smoke light cigarettes, mainly... Cigarettes that is among other things 😆
Pelatiah (4 stories) (73 posts)
+3
11 months ago (2023-04-15)
Ha, I loved Ghost Rider. Great story, fun to watch. Not too weird by today's standards.
CrimsonTopaz (1 stories) (238 posts)
+1
11 months ago (2023-04-14)
Amchi1986, I don't know if you're familiar with a movie called *ghost rider*? It stars Nicholas
Cage, its fiction of course but sounds a bit like what your describing in your story. Here's a link if your curious.
Https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0259324/
It's hard to say if ghost can or can't turn into fire, but who knows what they're capable of doing. We still don't know everything there's to know of the *unknown*. Thanks for sharing.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+4
11 months ago (2023-04-13)
I've never heard of any spirit being afraid of fire. I've heard of a few setting them. And I suppose there might be one or two spirits, that if they had a very strong phobia of fire (pyrophobia) in life, or if they died in a fire, it might carry over into their deaths, but over-all I don't think fire is a ghostly deterrent.
Who was that ghost? Well according to your narrative he had 'twisted legs', if by that you meant his feet were backwards, legend says it wasn't a regular ghost but a jinn. Jinns aren't usually afraid of fire either. You might try for local legends and see if others have seen it too.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+4
11 months ago (2023-04-13)
I remember reading a story about ghosts being afraid of fire... It was from India, from a poster called DeceivingUser.

Unfortunately I can't provide the link to it because the story was removed after confirming that they had plagiarized it from a forum publishing not necessarily true stories.

I hope did not take such fictional work as a reference.
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+4
11 months ago (2023-04-13)
Amchi, I too have never heard of paranormal entities who are afraid of fire. Fire is used to enhance spirit communication in my culture.

You'll have to research the paranormal fire fear locally. I suspect it's a regional thing.
RCRuskin (9 stories) (811 posts)
+4
11 months ago (2023-04-13)
Well, logically, from this experience we can conclude that there exists at least one specific paranormal entity that is afraid of fire.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+4
11 months ago (2023-04-13)
"ghosts and other paranormal things are scared of fire."

I guess the answer depends on who you ask that question... In Japan:

"Onibi (鬼火, "Demon Fire") is a type of atmospheric ghost light in legends of Japan. According to folklore, they are the spirits born from the corpses of humans and animals. They are also said to be resentful people that have become fire and appeared."

Also, throughout history, different civilizations have worshiped the fire as gods and goddesses.

Https://www.givemehistory.com/fire-gods-and-goddesses

And it's a common practice to use candles during seances, I'm not sure if as a form of protection or to welcome spirits... But surely they wouldn't be used if it would scare them away, would it?

As for "who was the ghost, who knew everything about my grandfather", not wanting to sound repetitive with my feedback BUT, I think there's not enough information in your narrative as to say who he was.

Did your grandfather ever say if someone else have a encounter with this entity?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: