You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: All of the Lights Were Off

Real Ghost Stories

All of the Lights Were Off

 

One day I was getting up for school. I had to wake my sister up. So she got up. Me and she sat down to talk. She ate breakfast then she told me that she had to leave so I said ok. When she left nobody was home except for me. My mom was at work so was my dad. My brother has been gone the whole week and was not coming back yet. Besides the door was locked after my sister left. So nobody could get in.

All of the lights in my house were on. When I went to the bathroom they were still on. I was in there for about 10 minutes. I came out and all of the lights were off. Nobody was home to do that. So I purposely turned on the lights and went back in to the bathroom for about 10 minutes. I came back out and the lights were off. I was really scared at that point. I sat down to think. I thought maybe my dad came home and used his key to get in. So I called my mom. Told her what was going on. She called my dad's work and he said he never came home. So I was freaking out by that point. I did it one more time and the lights were off again.

So I sat down and played the game system to forget about what was going on. I was so scared I did not even leave my living room. A few minutes later a lock that was on my shelf in the kitchen came flying in to the living room and hit my game system so hard it moved it.

Finally my mom was done with work and I told her what happened. I was so scared I could barely talk.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Massachusetts

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, brittany, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

spectravondergeist (11 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-11)
God that must have been scary for you unfortunatly I don't have a encounter that is similar to that you could put a camera in the room so its videoing the lights go off hope I could help ๐Ÿ˜‰
Bluerose19 (3 stories) (164 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-11)
And even after 4 years, the o/p never came to reply or clear anyone's doubts!... ๐Ÿ˜ฒ...LOL!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-07)
Wouldn't it though? I am often disappointed when I get interested in a story, and the author does not come back. Ah well, at least it was an interesting read.
Thanks!
succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-07)
Hey, whitebuffalo--I was writing off first impulse in my initial post; had barely skimmed the other posts.
Afterward I saw that there are several references to her details (not just your question about school; you did good to try for an interchange).
I then began to look at the story in light of the posts about her details, and set my thoughts to print.
Would be great for brittany to reply, wouldn't it?
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-07)
Excuse me please, Brittany.

Hi Succubiluv.
You know, it is a VERY convincing story. I was enthralled by the entire tale. MOSTLY because it was not filled with inner shooting stars and bursts of magical lights and dancing ants (that is in reference to a comment I made with a word that needed to be looked up ๐Ÿ˜Š. Yep, you know who I am talking about, unnamed person ๐Ÿ˜†).
Personally, when I asked her about school, I was trying to draw Brittney out. I was attempting to engage her in a conversation, to get a few more details out of this experience.
I believed every word.
It is just too bad that in the months following the publication of this experience, she has never come back to check things out. I would be very interested in finding out who this entity was, or just what it wanted.
Thank you.
succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-07)
What I mean is, it doesn't seem to matter what time she went to school, or whether or not she went to school at all that day. That missing data doesn't throw me off with this particular story.
She says she was too fearful even to leave the living room. That's plausible to me in this specific case.
succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-07)
I find this story to be very convincing, especially the sitting down to think things over. A realistic reaction.
Good joke, metalhed16 ๐Ÿ˜†
metalhed16 (14 stories) (119 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-13)
lol cool story!

Sounds like the ghost is concerned about your electricity bills lol.

thanks for the story

god bless
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-11)
Hmmm, I was just going to suggest that her visitor was there to tell her to GET to school. That perhaps it knew that she was lingering, and then playing the game, and then leaving lights on all over the house...
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-03-11)
Where is Brittany anyway? We need a few questions answered to possibly clear up a few things and maybe it will not sound so fictional.

SHELBY โค ๐Ÿ˜Š
Hawkgirl (6 stories) (55 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-10)
Guys... Why go to school when a "game system" is waiting for you? ๐Ÿ˜†. But really, it also seems to me that there is a little of fiction involved. Maybe Brittany needed to add some details... I have one last question for you Brit, how old are you?
You said you were going to school but I'd like to know your age. JPing might have a point here.
JPing (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-10)
Ohiowatha and Kirby, I think you guys are being a bit unfair. Brittany is clearly young and has a less than perfect understanding of the English language, give her a break. Yes, there is presently a hole in her story, but give her a chance to fill it before you judge her and her story.

I'm with killingkilgore, turn your lights off when you don't need them.
killingkilgore (3 stories) (35 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-03-10)
At first I was going to say it perhaps was a ghost that's big on energy conservation. No need in having a light on in a room no one is in. Perhaps it was doing you a favor...? That's weird with the lock though. Maybe the ghost, or whatever it was, was trying to tell you to stop playing video games and go to school.
Kirby (5 stories) (57 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-10)
I don't believe a word of this.
Stop n00bing up the amazing topic of entitys and move on with your life.
What does "me and she" mean?
Please share no more of your experiences.
Thank you
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-03-10)
Pretty skeptical about this for the same reasons as other posters. Getting up for school is a natural beginning to a day. Ending up alone is a natural beginning for a ghost story. Unfortunately, I don't see how these two equate here except to serve as effective literay vehicles of sorts to get people out of the house and you alone in it.

But, please, why did you get up for school, and then never leave for it?

Thanks for sharing.
odnana (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-09)
did you go to skool that day? Well this story I think is kind of fiction but much love good story!
odnana ๐Ÿ˜† โค ๐Ÿ˜ณ
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-09)
Hi Brittany. I am a bit confused ๐Ÿ˜•, if you were "so scared I could barely talk"-why didn't you just GO TO SCHOOL. If I'm that scared of a place, I'm going to put some distance between it and me. When I was about your age I had an experience at the Homeplace, while there alone. Needless to say that when Mom and Dad got home I was sitting at the mailbox, a good 300 yards away waiting on them.
๐Ÿ˜†

FRAWIN ๐Ÿค”
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-09)
Hello brittany. I, too, have the same question as whitebuffalo. Did you ever go to school that day? You did say that, "One day I was getting up for school..." Anything happen after your mother got home. What did your mother seem to think of everything?

SHELBY โค
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-06)
I was thinking an electrical problem until the lock came flying into the livingroom. Assuming there is nothing wrong with the electrical system in your house sounds like you have a poltergueist. Teens can also produce kenetic energy especially if upset or angry and while you were not totally freaked out you were under stress. Not saying this is what happened just the probability that it coud have. I would have been freaked out. You did well.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-06)
Hello Brittany.
Did you go to school this day? At the beginning of the story, you said that "One day I was getting up for school..." In the whole of the story, I do not see that you WENT to school. Did you?
Thank you.
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-05)
If you have had other incidents in your home, it could be a poltergeist entity, with throwing things around.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-05)
hmmmmmmmmmmm, have you had any other incicedents in the home?

God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: