You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Hunting :: Oaklawn Cemetary 2

Real Ghost Stories

Oaklawn Cemetary 2

 

This is my second photo that I wanted to submit and share with everyone to see what you think about this one. Okay, so as you already know I went to the Oaklawn cemetery and we are walking around snapping photos in places that we are drawn to snap the pictures. This picture was also shot on the same day as the other photo I submitted. On this particular one, I felt the need to take a photo in a certain area. What I believe I caught on this picture was what 'WE' call a 'Shadow Man'. When I took this picture I DID see this man on the outside of the cemetery bending over unlocking his car to get in. This would be the man on the left hand side.

Oaklawn Cemetary Shadow Man

Then if you look a few feet to the right, you can see another man that was ABSOLUTELY NOT THERE when I took this picture! Also, NOT ONLY was it that the man on the right hand side WAS NOT THERE when I snapped this photo but there is a significant difference in their appearances only being a few feet away from each other. The man, on the left, bending over to get into his car is in full, normal color and he looks like he belongs. However, the man or 'being', if you will, on the right hand side is only a few feet away, so not much difference in lighting, is a dark gray color with no features, nor color except the outline of his face, upper body and you can see that he has either a ball cap but looks more like a trucker's cap on his or 'IT'S' head. It looks as if he is somewhat see through but not because he is somewhat dense in this dark gray color and he also seems a bit blurry.

Oaklawn Cemetary Shadow Man

It looks to me like this man or 'being' is watching this other man getting into his car, kind of hiding a little behind the tree as to maybe not be noticed, maybe curious?! He looks out of place and like I said I know for a fact that this 'being' or man was NOT there when I took the picture. So what other explanation could there be.

Also, as we were walking out of the cemetery my daughter spotted a black shadow flit in between the trees. As we were nearly out through the gates of the cemetery, that cold wind started picking up again and felt like it kind of gave us a push out of the cemetery. My daughter said, "Mom, did you feel that!" She said, "It felt like they (spirits) were pushing us out!" I said, "Yes, I did feel that!"

As we were going to get in the car on the outside of the cemetery walls, my son needed help tying his shoe. As I was helping him, my fifteen year old daughter was leaning on the stone wall looking into the cemetery and she said, "Mom, I saw that black shadow again!" By this time I was done tying my sons shoe and went to take a picture of where she was seeing this dark shadow flitting in and out of the trees but EVERY SINGLE TIME I tried to take a picture, my camera kept dying! Come to think of it, there were a couple other times while we were in the cemetery that my camera kept on dying and would take a while to be able to take another picture.

Eventually, when we were leaving in the car, before we pulled out of the parking lot, my daughter was trying to look at the pictures to see if we caught anything but the batteries in the camera were completely drained and it wouldn't work. Now, I left my house with brand new batteries in my camera, but stupid me forgot to bring extras knowing full well that it was a possibility that going on a 'ghost hunt' could drain the batteries from the spirits trying to manifest. I guess I really didn't expect much on my trip or especially my VERY FIRST ghost hunting trip. BOY was I joyfully surprised!

So, let me know what everyone thinks because I REALLY think that I got VERY lucky that particular day! What do you think?!

SHELBY <3

Other hauntings by mustang

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mustang, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

butthead (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-04)
you can also see the same shape too the right, of what looks like a guy leaning on a gravestone where you have circled in one picture... But it is visible in both pics. I find it hard to believe that if a picture picks up something paranormal that it is there in the next picture. From my experience with paranormal investigations and taking pictures, as far as I can remember, if its paranormal it has never appeared in a picture twice (Other than orbs, which have changed positions) and if it does, then I believe it can be explained in some way or other
IMay be wrong but, its how I feel.
butthead (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-04)
while it look strange, I agree with Ohiowatha.
Perhaps you should go back to the cemetery and try and fill up a camera with shots from the same area, and see if in any of them you get the exact same shapes. If so then I think that will proove its not paranormal. I have taken pictures and seen shadows of what seemed entire figures on walls, even when looking at it first on... Later to realize the wall was (talking like 1/4 of a millimtre) slightly indented at places, causing a shadow.
Obviously this is not the case here, but while looking strange I am unsure myself.
Still, interesting.
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-04-07)
...I think it's easy to see what you want to see. It's even easier, once you think you've seen something, to go back and see a lot more.

No offense, friends, but I see nothing convincing in either of these shots.
cupcake10132 (4 stories) (193 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-29)
Well, I just see one better than in the other. The less editted, the clearer it is for others to find new findings Shelby!

[at] Ambi,
I see that too! I'll need to tap into these pictures a lot still... And yes I knwo Ambi! Usually, you only see what the author catches. But this is very diffrent!

[at] TheUnknown,
Great you saw the N! If you didn't, I'd think I was crazy!xD
Ambi (5 stories) (30 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-19)
This is the weirdest photo I've ever dealt with. I am amazed that all the objects caught in here. I swear every time I pull this up in my photos where I have it copied. I see more and more activity. Almost like the spirits caught in this are letting them selves show after the picture was taken. Too crazy! I wish I could post this blown up with all my sightings circled.
TheUnknown (1 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-18)
cupcake10132,I did swee that 'N' you said, but this story is full of findings from other people. This is too cool. 😁
Ambi (5 stories) (30 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-18)
Cupcake
I do see that girlish face. That is scary looking! I also see another face of some sort kind of above it to the left just a tad. Every time I look at this pic. I find different faces.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-17)
Hi Alex. I do see that face on the stone wall right under the white car. It is very creepy looking! I have seen, and still keep finding, faces literally everywhere in this particular picture. It's either a really strange coincidence that I captured the trees and wall at the right angle to create all of these faces or it could really be something paranormal. Humans are wired to always try to see a face in things. That's why when you look at tile or clouds, etc. You will try to create a face. I am just not sure why there are SO many faces in this picture. Maybe, there IS a logical explanation, maybe not!? Thanks for reading my story and commenting on the picture. Let me know if you find anything else. I'm sure you will find something! It seems like every time I look at this picture I find something new. Strange!

SHELBY ❤ 😊
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-17)
Hi cupcake. I don't see the face above the the robed figure. Sorry. 😐I think you are the one that was saying that you see things in one picture sometimes but not the other. I'm assuming that you know that both of these photos are the same. I had Martin put the second one on there because I circled a few more things that were strange on the picture that I had not noticed until other people saw things that I had not seen the first time when I submitted the story. I have seen all kinds of faces EVERYWHERE in this particular picture but I really can't say for sure if it is not something logical causing it so I did not put much thought into these faces.

SHELBY ❤ 😊
cupcake10132 (4 stories) (193 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-16)
I just found another! In the first picture on the closest picture there's an N. In the second in place of the letter "N" is a stick person. Am I the only one who sees that? 😕
HauteCouture (2 stories) (18 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-16)
Shelby, I am so excited for you! I see the man and I agree with you. Once again, faces are popping out at me. I think I would have to physically point them out for anyone to know what I am talking about. There is one, though, that I am seeing I may be able to direct you to. If you look at the stone wall to the cemetary by (or under) the white car, there is one of the faces I am seeing. It looks pretty big. Again, it could just be my imagination. I tend to be able to see faces in a lot of things. I have been trying to submit one of my stories for a while now, but I haven't been able to get through. 😢
Congrats on your first and successful ghost hunt! 😊
cupcake10132 (4 stories) (193 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-16)
Hey Shelby! In the first picture there is a face... On the tree where that thing that has a tattered robe... Just above the tattered robe. The face seems to be smiling, evilly. It gives me the chills that's for sure! Did anyone else noitice that face taht's smiling so evilly?*shivers*
Ambi (5 stories) (30 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-16)
Thanks for looking into that for me. Its very hard for me to determine exactly what I'm seeing on the computer and not actually having the photo. I have to say I really wish someone else could see the face of the women in the tree. That stood out very clearly to me. I tried to look a little closer, and if you look once more at the 2nd photo there are 2 small circled items to the right of the shadow man. The 2nd small circle is acctually touching the bottom of silhouette of the womans face. If any one sees it please reply! Thanks
❤ Ambi ❤
Nightgoddess (14 stories) (54 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-16)
I have this special photo thing at school that I use all the time to lighten or darken pictures. Do you mind if I lighten them to make the "shadow men" more able to see. Or lighten just around them?
Nightgoddess
Nightgoddess (14 stories) (54 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-16)
Ok it might just be me who sees this but I was looking at your pics and in the second one in the right hand corner by the tree it looks like one of those shadow men. So then I went back and looked at the first picture and it wasn't there. I don't know if anyone else can see it but when I go back to the second one its still there
cupcake10132 (4 stories) (193 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-16)
You have a point there also Mustang but maybe in her case they didn't want themselves to be shown. Well, if you are scared then you don't have to. But I think I would find it rather intresting. Anything with a mic will work. Like an ipod, I actually got a car crash sound on it when there was never one actually heard. Weird uh? EVPs are fasicnating to listen to. Well, do whatever you feel you are ready for at anyplace! And be safe while you do it.=3 We don't want you or anyone else in the hospital right?
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-16)
Ambi, I forgot to tell you. The thing that is white to the right of the 'hooded figure' or whatever it may be. Looks like it's peering out from behind the tree? I believe, almost positive, that it is part of a grave. On some of the older graves they had old white stone short, pillar type things in the ground, two at the top and two at the bottom of the grave. I am assuming they were marking the entire grave since it appeared that some of them still had the chains connected to these white pillar stones or whatever they call them I'm not sure. Also, I didn't see the face of a woman.

SHELBY ❤ 😊
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-16)
Thanks everyone for commenting on my pictures and story!

cupcake10132: Thank you for reading and commenting on my story and pictures. I do not mind if you save the picture so you can get a closer look at it. I read one of your posts to nightgoddess about batteries. I thought that the drainage of the batteries were because of the ghosts or spirits trying to manifest themselves? Next time I go there I could give my kids cameras but they probably won't be with me. Atleast not the 5 or 3 year old. Idon't have a hand held tape recorder to do EVP's and I don't know if I really want to hear what they might say! 😨

Ambi: Thanks for reading my story and commenting. For some reason in these pictures I saw A LOT of images. I don't put much into faces because our brains are programmed to see these things. Whether they are real or not, I do not know. I don't know why so many things came through on this picture. Was it luck? Was it that when I took the picture I was in the right position to capture the leaves of the trees just the right way so that it appeared to have faces in them? The stone wall the right way so that it looked like there were orbs or faces? I really can't say for sure why these things are on this picture. All I DO know for sure is how I felt that day in that cemetary and what happened. A few of the things in the picture I CANNOT explain myself. Maybe someone else could. I still think that I DID capture a few unexplained things that are real on the picture.

SHELBY ❤ 😊
Ambi (5 stories) (30 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-16)
Hi Mustang,
I read your stories about the cemetaries, very interesting! Thankyou. I am so into this sort of thing and have been for years. I always have images in almost all of my pictures, while I am not an expert to any degree,I've noticed a couple other interesting things in the 1st photo on this page. Although its very hard to be certin due to not being able to look very closely. I hope you don't mind I saved this to blow it up to get a better look. I found if you look to the right of the shadow in the leaves of the tree you will see the head and face of a women. Also looking at the white car directly in the back ground the stone wall in front of the car appears to have a face of some sort that I couldn't make out very well but you may be able to, and if you look up above the white car and to the left just a little that looks as though it could be the face of a man, or if you have ever seen the comedy/tragedy masks its almost in that shape, and lastly because this was one of the hardest images to see the hoded shadow circled in pic 2 if you look to the right almost connected to it there almost appears as a body coming out from behind that tomb stone with its hand holding onto the stone. But I can't tell if that's what I'm getting or if that's just the top of the stone or some thing of that nature. But please look these items and let me know if you see them. Alot of times in pictures I see things and can make things out that a lot of other people just don't see. So Id really like to know if I point them out to you since your familiar with the area you can let me know if you think perhaps its just artifact from trying to expand the photo! Thanks again.
❤ Ambi ❤
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-15)
Spirits that don't want to have a picture taken, not only drain batteries, but can make your camera tilt, fall down, knocked out of your hands. They can do many things if they don't want to be in a picture at all. Could be a real bright day outside, you take a picture and the picture will come back all black. Or be in a dark room, take a picture and when you see the picture, again it will be well lite up.
Nightgoddess (14 stories) (54 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-15)
thanks Cupcake, I see now. That explains alot. I hate it when my camra just turns off too, it bothers me
cupcake10132 (4 stories) (193 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-15)
Please excuse me Mustang.
[at] Nightgoddess
No they do not hate camreas! What you are experincing is battery drainage. Since some ghosts don't like to show themselves, tehy drain all camreas and anything that can take photos or videos! Or that is what I beleive! Hope this clears up a bit!
Nightgoddess (14 stories) (54 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-15)
I have something to say about the batteies thing. Everytime I try to take a picture too the batteries die. It doesn't matter if they are bran new or not. But when I take them out of the camra and put them in something else they work. Do they not like camras?
cupcake10132 (4 stories) (193 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-15)
Oh and mustang, I hope you don't mind but I saved the first picture in your artical for closer analyzation. The faint orbs seem to me as though they are only raindrops, but that bright white one is defintantly something! The butterfly is more of a heart and that reddish, orangish glow is said to be a little boy in the tree. That is all the feedback I got from few of my friends, but I'll let you know if we catch anything new!
ElectricTNT (1 stories) (45 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-15)
Hi

If y'all are using Firefox browser, you can get the extension "Image Zoom" which is quite helpful when examining photos. You can enlarge the image to any size.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-14)
Well I saw the black figure by the man getting into his car but I can't make out the other thing in the cemetary. The black figure reminds me very much of what is known as a shadow person. This one appears to have more of a flat appearance to me while some seem to have more of a three dimensional look. Great pics. Wish it would have been taken a bit closer so I could see it better. The old eyes aren't what they use to be.
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-14)
I see a hooded shadow on the right side from the waist up, and the man behind the tree. But I have the feeling there are more then just these, that have been mention in this photo the second one taken, on this page.
cupcake10132 (4 stories) (193 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-14)
The men seem to be transparent. Next time you go there ask MANY questions aloud or inside your head. They'll defintatly answer! And one more thing, you must go back there with your son and duaghter. Allow each to bring his or her own camrea with them and extra and plentiful of batteries and other objects. Mind looking at the tombstones? You might find something worth looking at! Ask many questions and ask for sighns that you are not alone, that's what usually I do when I go ghost hunting.
You got the luck of the irish with ya!,
Lilly
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-13)
Hello Kim. Thanks for taking an interest in my story and photo! I was quite shocked to say the least when I saw what I caught on film. I am not a professional at photographs or anything, and there are probably some things that can be debunked in the photo, but I still say that I DID get lucky in catching somethings paranormal on film. I will definitely be going back and will, of course, keep everyone updated on the debunking(if there is any) and any new things that might come up.

From the time you step foot into the wrought iron gates you get this feeling of many people observing you and following you around the cemetary. It seems like they duck behind the trees, and from what my daughter said she saw the black shadow duck behind the trees twice, and headstones so they cannot be seen, BUT ALAS I CAUGHT THEM! EVIL 😆!(evil laugh like Dracula)=P Just kidding!

SHELBY ❤ 😊
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-13)
Hi Tammy. I am starting to see the overalls rather than the robe. My Mom and my daughter didn't say they say the overalls on this 'being', if that IS what it is. But they did say the they saw a man standing up and they could see his profile with sideburns. After continuously looking at this photo I keep finding more things. I don't know if they are anything or not but it is something to think about and study. I WILL DEFINITELY be going back there since it's not that far away. My husband is a Sheriff's Deputy and is friends with the Sheriff and used to go hunting with the previous Sheriff, Cal Henderson. My husband said he will go with me in uniform and bring his patrol car. I guess for protection of me!:) I don't know who THEY have to talk to to get us in there at night but he is going to try. I WILL be going in there again and probably again during the day to take more pictures and to also check out that shelter where that 'shadow man' or man was at to re-enact the shot of the picture and see how far away that shelter is from the wall. I will, of course, let you guys know when this happens. I still say that the tree is within the stone walls and so is the man or 'being' right next to the tree and behind the large headstone. Also, I want to check out the group of headstones inside the wrought iron gate. I want to go back to see more of the cemetary because that day I wasn't able to stay long enough. We'll see if I can't 'DEBUNK' that 'SHADOW MAN'. I'll go on a day where it doesn't even sprinkle too. You know, water(rain)is a good source for manifestations. I'm sure the dreary day set the mood good for me as well as the ghosties!

SHELBY ❤ 😊

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: