You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: Haunted Baby Grave

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Baby Grave

 

This took place in Michigan at a grave yard that my Mom and Dad are laid to rest at. In the mid 1980's. I always just kind of felt at peace there, (no pun here intended) and would often go to this grave yard to just walk around. When I was real stressed out and look to see what grave was the oldest. The newest people laid to rest to see if I knew them.

I came across the one side of the grave yard where all the babies are buried. They would always make me cry thinking of all these innocent little lives that, the Lord took to Heaven to help him out with spiritual Angels.

I was walking between the graves at the names of these little Angels. I just happen to step on a grave and down my foot went. Now I was frighten the grave sank into the ground. And when I went to pull my foot out, which was I would say just over my ankle, would not come out as if something was holding onto me. I looked down to expect to see a tiny hand grasping my leg, but I seen nothing.

My heart is in over drive beating so hard and fast. I looked down at that grave and said a prayer for this little Angel that was an infant just days old that died. The grasp let go of my leg and I took off out of there into my car and vowed I would not return there ever.

That last for a few days staying away. When I got to sleep at night I went back to this grave to this little Angel. This baby was trying to get my attention for some reason. I would wake up crying. So one day I went back to this same little grave. For some reason I could not stay away from this grave I kept going back and saying prayers and going back and saying prayers for this baby.

In the day time I could not stop thinking about this baby. That this baby needed something, but I could not figure out what it could be. It had a head stone that said the babies name on it and birth and death. It was recently new and did tell the funeral home it came from.

So I went to the funeral home talked to the director and said "I know your going to think I am insane but..." And I told him what happen the first day I was at the grave yard, and the dreams I kept having and I felt that the baby needed me for some reason.

He told me that did not surprise him in his business he has seen, heard and felt a lot and that was not a surprise. He told me he could not tell me anything else about this baby without the consent of the parents or at least the Mother of this baby. I told him I understood. He did say he would contact her and see what she said. I said okay.

Sometime later he called me up. The Mother didn't care that I knew what happen to her baby but she didn't want her name known. I said great when can I come by. Later that afternoon he met me at the grave of this tiny baby. I held flowers in my hand to put on the grave as it had none on it.

The funeral director told me that the Mother of this child, never wanted this child, never held this child in her arms. And that this child died from "SIDS". Tears are dripping down my face into the ground where this baby was laying. It felt like a flood of tears (still teary eyed now writing this) coming down my face. I asked the funeral director to hold the flowers he did. I bent down to the open hole in the grave where my shoe went through, and lifted this baby out (in my mind) and cradled this tiny baby in my arms. While I sang to this baby I love you and that you will not be forgotten you can rest now. I kissed this baby I cradled in my arms. Then put this baby back into it's place of rest. I took the flowers from the director and place them near the stone.

The director left and I stood their crying and praying that this child could find peace now. I felt a calm come over me like none other that I ever felt. I knew this babies spirit knew it was loved, had been held by a loving person, and knew this baby was important to at least someone. While I lived in that area I brought flowers to the babies grave at least once a month.

When I did that I prayed for this baby. After all this was done. I took some dirt from the house and filled in the hole in the ground that my foot made in which I planted a flower into it.

I kept going back to the grave yard more often to this baby in which my heart had adopted and prayed, sang, sometimes I would reach down to the grave on the ground pick this baby up hold this baby in my arms and cradle it and gently place back in it's bed.

Then I was going to relocate. I went back to the grave told this baby that I would be moving far away and would not be back to often but when I did come back I would hold, sing and pray. Tears dripped down my face as I am saying this. Tears of Love for this child that I would not be able to visit the grave, but also tears knowing this babies soul was at rest now. Kissed this baby and left the grave yard.

I went back to that area many times the first seven years when I relocated here where I live now. I kept my promise with flowers and the rest. Then I got into a bad car accident, and I can't drive far anymore. But maybe this summer I can have one of my children take me out there to this babies grave. Where I can sing, pray and tell this baby that I still love it so. This way this babies soul will still feel loved.

To me this all meant, this babies soul wanted to know that someone loved it, living or dead. And once I showed my love for this babies soul, this baby was at rest.

Other hauntings by Flutterofwings

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Flutterofwings, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

strangelife (3 stories) (16 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-10-08)
This goes right into my favorites... Such a sad but a beautiful experience... Its sad that someone... A mother can be so heartless towards her own baby... 😢
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-10-08)
I came across this story by accident many years ago and since it was older, never posted my comments on it. It made me cry and into my favorites it went.
Knowing what I know now, I'm sure this baby was in loving arms the moment it passed and is being cared for and nurtured. That the op showed such compassion and love for this innocent child was deeply moving. I like to think the child was just trying to get it's story told and just wanted to be acknowledged. I immediately got the impression the child was neglected but maybe that's because the mom said she didn't want it. Or maybe, it was not SIDS. I mean, who would say that about their own child? ❤
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-14)
I'm not teary-eyed. I'm bawling. This poor child. I doubt you visit this site anymore, but you are a beautiful soul, and you did a beautiful thing. Everyone deserves love.
missy-ryton (5 stories) (13 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-16)
Wow, such a beautiful and touching story. I actually got very teary reading it. I am a mother and just can't understand how a woman could go through pregnancy, give birth and look down at that defenseless beautiful baby and not care enough to even hold it.

I think you did a wonderful thing by showing this child that somebody cared for him/her. At least the baby is at rest now and know's it's loved.
Take care

😊
Missy
lostghostgal (69 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-28)
You seem like a good and caring mom that god put you on this earth to love the children and that baby's mom seem refuse to pick her up that just not right. 😐
cjsemple99 (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-08)
I never knew how much a mother couldn't love a baby but now I know it has another mother.😭
MoonFall (1 stories) (48 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-31)
What a beautiful, touching story. You are an angel as well for loving that baby the way you did... Very heart felt.:) ❤
blizzard43 (40 posts)
-3
14 years ago (2010-08-20)
😭 I'm listing to music I am defentlylisting to taps and I will that baby I think it was right what you did. So ye bye miss amirican pie drove my shevy to the levy but levy was dry and good boys were drinking whisky and rye saying this will be day that I die
levram84 (3 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-12-27)
You are very sweet flutter to show your love and comfort the little angel. I really like the story. This is my second comment so far on this website. The first one is from Jasmin314 for her story title "Nayo", its really touching.

I always read the stories here for almost a week I guess. This one of the best stories I've read on this website.

Tc flutter and God Bless!
Thedreamer (1 stories) (34 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-04)
omg that sooo sad! 😭 but I'm happy that the baby is at rest. You are a good person to do that.

Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-03)
Thanks everyone for your comments to my story. I really do appricate every comment. For Princesskatie, in my mind I was holding the baby. Not actually in my arms.
sylviessweeties (135 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-11-17)
Hi sweets your welcome for the montage urls. Lilike and I both could have died during my pregnancy of severe maternal anemia at 35 weeks but it was managed in time. I had a hemoglobin of 56. She was born sick and pale needing a bit of 02 at birth for some rapid breathing and given iv antibiotics for a high white cell count. Turns out she had TTN but at the time I was scared as they feared it was sepsis (bacterial infection in the blood)

Heres a beautiful udpated montage of my miracle baby Lilike you will like the music:

Http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=eyDKtMZQdpc
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-17)
She didn't hold it she imagined it. Is that right?

So did the baby pass onto the next world after that?

Its such a sweet story. Aw poor thing. I want to give it a cuddle now. 😢

Thanks for sharing your story.
Tori (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-10)
wow that's all the baby wanted was someone to kno that it was there and it was lonely 😢 but I don't get it... How did you hold it?... Sorry just a bit confused 😕

❤ Tori
BYLUYSTER (11 stories) (78 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-10-05)
I was reading some stories and came across yours. How lovely and your user name fits you perfectly. You are truly an angel. I am so glad you realized that this baby needed you. I know how hard it is to lose them. I miscarried twice but finally had a healthy daughter and son. I feel sorry for the woman who couldn't hold her child. She missed out on something very special. I would have done anything for my first two if I could have. Thanks for a very moving story with a beautiful ending. 😊
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-09-13)
Brownie09 thank you for your reply to my story. I can't see how a mom who carries this precious bundy of joy can't hold it when its born or want it either. Was a sad story, but I feel now the baby is finally at rest and peace.
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-13)
blackrose628 thank you for your comment to my story. I can't imagine a mother not wanting her babies. I lost one in 1970 and I held him even after death for a few minutes until it was time to let him go.
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-13)
Sorry for the late commenting, but this story really was an excellent story. I am glad that you were able to find out what happened to that baby, and you were there praying and singing to it, if it hadn't been for you showing your love for it, it probably would have never found the peace it deserves. That baby just wanted someone to love it and you were that person to do just that. You showed it that it would always be with you in your thoughts and prayers, and it was all because of you walking along the grave, and it wanted you to love it. I just don't see how its own mother didn't even want to hold it even because of the SIDS, but there are some people out there like that, that don't care. I think no matter how many years go by you will always have a bond with that the baby, and planting that flower, the baby will always know that someone finally gave it the love it was wanting to be able to pass on.
This was such a beautiful story ❤ 😊
blackrose628 (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-13)
❤ dats soo thoughtful love the story x I can't believe the mother wouldn't accept her baby 😭 or even hold the baby...
I feel soo sorry to that lil angel...
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-14)
oops I meant to say Sylviessweeties about the urls. I lost a son in 1970 and then took me 11 years before I had another child. I know the hurt and pain of this and yet Mothers have these babies we would love to have and destroy them. I havent' heard of so much of SID's happening as often as it use to. ANd for the I am thankful. Thanks for commenting on my story.

I am quite happy that you were able to have more babies to love and hold in your arms.
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-14)
Katona1800s, I went to those urls you put in this comment to my story. It is so pretty thanks for sharing it with me. I was going to go back to this grave yard this summer, but since I fell down and broke my pelvis I can't travel a long ways. So won't be this year perhaps next. Once again thanks for the comment and the urls
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-14)
Francois, its alful that people have children and dont' want them. And many die from abuse. Babies are not asked to be born, and they deserve LOVE too. But many woman don't care. Their little souls are lost without love but I truely do believe they are Angels as well.
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-14)
[at] Jasmin314 thanks for your comments to my story. I often go to grave yards and before I go in I pray for them and when I come out I do the same. It gives your heart a special feeling when you do this. And never destroy anything there.

It does make me feel bad when I go to graves where stuff is printed over the name on the stone with paint or broken head stones. But it does happen.
sylviessweeties (135 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-14)
Awwwww one of the sweetest stories I have ever read! Totally Heartwarming! God Bless that precious babies soul! I miscarried a baby on Feb 12th 2007 (same day I found out I was pregnant at the doctors) Was bleeding etc. Passed baby on Feb 13th 2007 in the toilet after I went for an ultrasound that showed nothing. 2 days later I was in the lounge with my 1st born miracle baby Lilike. And my infant son Locke was asleep in his cot in his room. My man was at work. The voicebox we had taken out months earlier to a doll that sang twinkle little star that Lilike did not like. Started playing aloud with static. Lilike jumped into my arms and cried as she was scared of that voicebox. I went over and found it in a toybox and put it elsewhere. It did not go off again. Locke never woke up through all of this. I made a webpage for my miscarried angel with the song twinkle little star playing on it.
Http://geocities.com/sweetpeacegarden/halo.htm
9 months after ttc and a tiny bit of spotting I made a doctors appointment straight away. Confirmed pregnancy. Went on iron tablets/vitamins and had a healthy baby girl Anjeni on July 22nd 2008 weighing 7 pounds 13 ounces, 52cm with apgars of 9 and 9. Used the same twinkle little star song on my miscarried babies page for my niece Jades montage. And Anjeni stopped drinking her bottle and with eyes wide open listened to the song and loved it!

Http://apps.facebook.com/montages/my_shared?id=1352832748
Katona1700s (8 stories) (168 posts)
-1
16 years ago (2008-07-16)
Hey Francois come to the chat room to talk to me and GhostLuver. Please talk to us we feel lonely
Francois (220 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-16)
Greetings and salutations,

Hello Flutterofwings, this is truly a heartwrenching story, tragic as it may sound, you acted as a parent to this child and brought the child light to its afterlife. Few have done what you have done, it is hard for the spirits who have no loved ones here on earth. You have filled that dark void.

It is a tragedy that the good and without fault die young, it is good to know that according to scripture and legend, babies become angels due to their purity in God's eyes. You are truly an ispiration to all.
God bless, deus vobiscum and take care.

Sincerely,

Francois
Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-07)
This story is a little different than your others. To be quite honest, it kind of scares me. Only because I pictured you holding an imaginary baby. It was a little freaky on your part, but sweet. I thought I was a caring person, but you have proved that I could do much more... Like visit and pray for the dead. Very touching story... I'm adding to my Favs.
haydmattsmam (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-05)
Hi Flutter,

This is one of the most sweetest things I have read. I was in a flood of tears, very touching. You are an angel to this sweet baby and obviously a special person as they choose you.

I my self lost a baby boy in pregnancy and regulary visit his garden. I cannot understand parents who do not visit their childrens garden (grave) nor even mark thier childs grave in any way but the soil and patch of grass that's covers the ground.

Not to mention a lady who did not want her child but still after what her baby went through does not care to remember. 😢

I constantly worry about my 4 month old son and SIDS. I frequently have to blow in his sweet face, poor lad. Its just bloody awfulf this world if you think about it and I have had enough, but I won't go on.

Anyway, hope you get back there soon, send the angel my love too.

Take care.

Erin
etodaj (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-01)
Very sweet story. Never expected to come across one like this, but sincerely,it's touching. And God bless you for what you have done, now you'll know that there's always somone waiting for you when you pass on. Tc for now. Regards,EJ
SilverWolf77 (1 stories) (41 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-27)
It is sad for a baby to die unloved. It's good that you showed it some tenderness so it could move on.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: