You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: The Curve in the Road

Real Ghost Stories

The Curve in the Road

 

This took place in Michigan in the late 1980's. There was this nice newly paved road, near the country. However it had a really sharp curve in the road. One couldn't go to fast or you might end up in farming land some place.

My friend Cheryl and I would take this road, to go to the fruit stand at then end of the road with the curve in it. I told Cheryl that every time that I got close too the curve when I drove, or anyone drove that I felt sick. She said she didn't notice. So we were about to get near the curve in the road. I said "Do you feel that presence, like someone is here with us?"

She said no she didn't feel anything. Once I would pass the curve and got to end of the road, I felt okay once again.

Cheryl and I was coming down that road, late one night from a friends house who had a tupperware party. We were at the cross road, the windows down in the car and we heard what sounded like a car crash. I said "Cheryl did you hear that?". She said yes and was gripping the seat with her hands. I thought someone hit us. I parked the car and got out with the flash light, looked around with Cheryl in tow. We were not hit. But we heard the noise, it was a car crash. No other cars did we see on the road.

We went on down the road, I then said "I know the person who just had the car crash, he is dead his name is Mark". She said what you talking about? The car crash that just happen, it's Mark I know him. She states we didn't see any car crash, what am I talking about. I didn't know what to tell her I just knew.

About a week later we went back down the road with the curve in it, and just as we rounded the curve, I said. "Look there is the car wreck, Mark is wrapped around the tree, we got to see if he is okay". I stopped the car, got out to look, how could he be alive the whole tree had the car wrapped around it. I could see him hanging out of the car. I knew he was dead. Cheryl is upset, wants to go home, tells me I am seeing things. I said "Look Cheryl at the tree, can't you see him? She said no.

I felt I had to get to the fruit stand, quick to call the police. I got to the fruit stand, told the older lady a wreck happen down by the curve, the man appeared to be dead, his name is Mark. She looks at me. Yes his name was Mark. But the accident didn't just happen. It's been a few days ago. My hubby and I heard the noise. We knew it was a car wreck. It happen about 4am. My husband went out to see where it happen. He couldn't find it. Wasn't until daylight he went out and looked again. He then found the car wrapped around the tree. The young man in it was dead.

I said his name is Mark. The lady told me yes again. I said I used to take care of him when he was a baby. He wasn't too old now maybe his early 20's. She said yes your right. I went home called my sister, asked her about Mark. She told me he appeared to be going to fast on the road, it was raining and once he went to go around the curve in the road, he skidded up and over the guard rail and hit the tree. The doctor said he most likely died instantly. All the bones in his body were broken. He had no seat belt on.

I told her I seen the car today on the tree. She just said you might have with your sixth sense. I told her I knew he had the crash before it happen too. She just nodded her head. Mark did indeed have the car accident, did indeed die in it, and the tree he hit, still has the marks on it, from his car.

I investigated the accident, where Mark was at. It appeared he was in the car to me, hanging out. However he was under the car that was smashed into the tree, making him hang out from under the car.

Every time I had to go down that road at night time. I see the tree, I see the car wrapped around it. I would see Mark hanging out of the car. When I went down the road in the day time, I feel the crash way before I got to the curve in the road. I would get sick to my stomach. Once passed the tree I felt okay once again.

Other hauntings by Flutterofwings

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Flutterofwings, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-03-10)
Sorry so late to answer your question. At the time my livingroom window looked into my sister's kitchen. I could see her nod. And to this day, when she is on the phone she nods her head all the time, when she is talking to someone on the phone. Does this answer your question?
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-01-30)
"I went home called my sister, asked her about Mark."
"I told her I knew he had the crash before it happen too. She just nodded her head."

I'm curious flutter, how can you tell that your sister nodded her head over the phone?
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-14)
mic13 thanks for your comment to my story. Maybe at the last minute when it was to late for Mark, he may of felt like this, that really could be possible. I wanted to go back there this year but it's far from my home I live at now. And I fell down and broke my pelvis bone and can't travel far away right now. As I would like to see if I still feel that way or not. Once again thanks.
mlc13 (7 stories) (33 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-14)
Cool story. But the thing about Mark is sad. Maybe he needs your help and he is trying to tell you by making you feel those things in the road. Or maybe that's how he felt before the accident.
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-14)
Eightgateslate65 thanks for your comment to my story. It won't be this year that I will go to that place. But perhaps next year I been away from that area more then 10 years now. Wondering if I still feel the same or see the same.
Eightgateslate65 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-31)
Wow,that was a great story. I will admit I was completely captivated about it. 😆
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-22)
Thank you whitebufflo and cupcake for your comments. The town I lived in was small, one of those everyone, knows everyone and there business. I can't really say wb how I knew it was Mark, when I heard the crash. Could of been another crash that happen at that corner, that happen at some other time. I didn't know what I seen, felt, had a name of psychic albilities at the time. So with that said, I didn't realize this was a warning to Mark. Just odd at the time. Anything is possible for sure wb. Now when I have those feelings and insight, to something that will happen to harm people. I tell them, it has helped some who took the warning, from being hurt or killed. Including myself.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-17)
This is simply fantastic, Flutter.
You HAVE to be in a very small town. In all of your stories, some one knows someone who... Or you knew someone when...
Wow. I do not think I could have been this calm knowing that a young man that I had taken care of as a youngster foretold the coming of his death. I would have to say that if you HEARD the accident several days before it happened, maybe you were in place to warn him? It is a shame that he was not that clear in his message to you.
OR, maybe you were hearing a different accident in the same place. You did not envision Mark on the first night that you sensed something. Is that possible?
Thank you.
cupcake10132 (4 stories) (193 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-16)
I can't wait for summer then! I hope we see many things in your pictures FOW! Untill then though, keep your 6 or 7 senses wide open! Who knows when you'll need to tell another story?=3
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-15)
I don't live in that area now, but will be going back there in the summer, Will see about going to that tree and taking some pics and see what happens. Thanks for your comment. Yes kids think they are cool not to wear seat belts, he may of lived with it on. One really never knows.
cupcake10132 (4 stories) (193 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-15)
Well, the crash was a sighn but you just couldn't read it right! Poor Mark. Kids these days, going on ina car with NO seatbelt! They should have more common sense, and also go slow on turns! He'll always be with you. And once again another good story! Mind taking some pictures of the tree at night and then during the day time?
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-14)
[at] Chris, thanks for your comment to this story.
[at] rhodes68, It might of been the reason she didn't tell me of Marks death, as I knew that young lad since he was less then one year old. May of been the reason she didn't tell me of the accident.
[at] Tonith, you could be right about, me knowing this lad for many years, that this kept coming back to me when I go down that road.
I have not been down that road for a long time now, as it's a 4 hour trip. But I will be going in that area in the summer time. I just want to see if I still see or sense he is still there. But the resduel is most likely what I kept seeing.
I hated going down that road after that happen, as I always felt sick for a peroid of time, once past it I was okay.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-14)
We have a road like that in our town. It's a hairpin turn and many people have ended up over the mountain embankment. I can't imagine having to see that in my head more than once. Sounds like a residual haunting. I would think something that horrific would leave an impression on the area. You had the sensitivity to pick up on it. The fact that you actually knew who it was is very eerie. Do you think knowing him personally had any bearing on what you experienced?
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-14)
Great story flutter. It must have been hard for you to see all of that and not know what was going on. I feel sorry for that boy. To die at such a young age.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-14)
That was quite a frightening account Flutterofwings to actually see him there. Especially the image of him hanging out of the car was rather disturbing.
Do you think your sister didn't tell you of the accident because she didn't want to upset you?
Thanks for another great story.
Tammy 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: