You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Was George Really My Father?

Real Ghost Stories

Was George Really My Father?

 

After 25 plus years of not seeing my father (his choice, my parents divorced), I was notified of his passing. Myself and 3 of my 4 siblings attended his funeral. While there, we were upset and talking the funeral director and the lights started flickering. We were mad at our Father and felt he was the one flickering the lights. This was in Connecticut. I returned home to Va Beach and that is when things started. One night my hubby and I went out and we came home, kids sleeping. I was at the computer and hubby was in the living room, when the kitchen faucet came on FULL FORCE! Hubby went in and turned it off... that still freaks me out, wondering who turned it on!

A couple of months later, we moved into our present home. My youngest boy (he was 3-4 at the time) saw a "ghostly figure" walk from our front door to the dining room and disappeared. My oldest boy and I heard something fall on the kitchen floor. It sounded like someone dropped a cookie sheet on the floor. When we looked, nothing was out of place. We have wood floors upstairs and we would hear footsteps walking across them when everyone was downstairs. Lights in our house would flicker, one lamp at a time! I even snapped a photo of a figure in my bedroom window. We came to call our visitor GEORGE!

In March 2006, my mother moved in with me. Activity in the house was stronger and also felt "not so" friendly visitors, like George was not the only one in the house! Then it seemed like George had left us and I had this bully in my house. Mom passed away about 3 weeks after moving in. When the Father came to give her last rites... no sooner when he said "And unto you Lord, I lift up my soul"... Mom gave out a large grunt, her stomach sunk in and her chest rose and then all was quiet again. I have this all on video tape. Nothing else happened during her last rites, before or after she did that. Two days later, she passed. My youngest sister was on one side of her and my other sister and I were on the other side. At 11:12 am, Mom took her last breathe, but just before her last breathe, my youngest sister fell back on the bed, rubbing her hands up and down her body saying "Oh my God, I feel her, I can feel Mom. I feel you Mom... Oh my God". My other sister and I looked at each other like... "HUH?". My youngest sister began smelling her shirt and saying she could smell Mom.

Since that time... Mom's passing, we have not had any experiences, or noticed anything happening in our home. I am wondering, if my Father's spirit came home with me to Va Beach. Maybe he was waiting for Mom to pass on, maybe he knew she would be here. But I can't figure out what the EVIL feelings were or who they were. I know Mom and her Mother did not get along, but I can't picture Nani as an evil spirit. Nor was Mom one of those great wonderful Mothers... she is however, the Mother I don't want to be with my kids... so maybe Mom had to deal with her "evil doings" before crossing over. I don't know, I'm just trying to figure it all out... but I will say, I sure do miss GEORGE!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-20)
Wow, that is quite a story! You certainly have had a lot to deal with. It sounds to me as if your parents had many 'demons' haunitng their marraige and relationship when they were together, unfortunately taking you and your siblings along for a ride, at least emotionally. Perhaps some of this carried on until both had passed over?

Thank you for sharing your story!

God Bless!
Lisa (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-24)
I've read that sometimes when you have a spirt around you or in your home, it will attract others spirts. It can attract some spirts that are not so friendly. Maybe your dad did follow you home and his presents around you and your house may have attracted other spirts? Not sure just a thought. Pray for your loved ones and ask God to take them home and tell them to go to the light, hope you figure it out.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: