You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Gardenways Cry for Help

Real Ghost Stories

Gardenways Cry for Help

 

When I lived with my dad at Gardenways holiday flats, a lot of strange things would happen. Our house used to be where the monks lived, there is a church located at the end of the street. One night when my dad and I were in the kitchen we both hear a child's

voice. I obviously looked at my dad, he looked at me. Neither of us said anything and continued with what we were doing. Shortly afterwards we both heard the voice again.

Not understanding what it was, dad went to his room and returned with a bat. I myself, very curious, went to the back door and peered through the window and there standing by the washing line, stood a little girl around 5-8 years of age wearing a black dress, black tights, black laced up boots and a white apron. Her hair was swept up in a bun with a bonnet covering her head.

I called for my dad as I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Dad took one look outside and also saw the same little girl standing there. I slowly opened the back door and stepped out, as I walked closer, the child was asking for help. I took a deep breath and whispered how can I help you? The girl just pointed. I turned and looked at that very moment my dad came running towards me and pushed me to the ground. I was so scared I had no idea what was going on. Dad was yelling at the child "leave her alone we were only trying to help". The child was lunging towards me, for what reason I will never know.

The next day my dad and I were in the back garden and we found about 30-50 1977 Britannia coins. My dad and I went to the church at the end of the street and we talked to our priest, we told him what had happened and he took us to the grave site of the child. Her name was Mary McDonald she died of pneumonia when she was about 7. Still to the day that dad sold the holiday flats, we would see "Mary" every year on the same day of her death but learnt our lesson not to go anywhere near her.

This is a true story and if you go there even to this day you are sure to see her.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, skeeter32, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ilikespirits (2 stories) (15 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-21)
well it sounds like she lunged at your dad not you. What was she pointing at? Maybe you can still help her if you find out what she was pointing at. I have a big sensitivity to spirits who need help, especially young ones! And try to talk to her next time she appears. Try video taping it too. This is very intresting but if it keeps appearing to you every year, it needs help. Its not out to attack you, if it was it would always be following you, and it only lunged at your dad because it came after her with a bat. Please try and help her these stories make me feel so bad for them. Poor helpless child trying to move on... ❤ 😢 ❤
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-04)
Skeeter,
hmmmmmmmmmm, many questions. What prompted your father to run towards the child screaming that you wanted to help? How did the priest know who this child was with such limited information? What do the coins have to do with the story, how do they relate? This one has me confused all the way around. I see you have not come back to the site to participate in the discussion. I hope you do and answer some of the questions to sort this out. I admit, I am intrigued, but skeptical with the story as is.

God Bless!
🤔 🤔
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-04)
I have one problem with this story. How did your priest know who this little girl was? You went to him with no evidence or anything, so there's no way anyone could tell you exactly who this girl was with the very limited information you had on her.
poltergeist45 (1 stories) (46 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-25)
I agree with FRAWIN, mabey the little girl was just trying to protect you. But whatever the reson I still think that it is neat to see her every year, on the same day that she passed away. Mabey the next time you see her try approching her slowly and pointing out that you mean no harm and have good intentions. Who knows? Mabey you might be able to communicate with her and learn more about her! 😉

God bless you and Mary McDonald ❤
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-25)
I have to agree with Frawin. If your father hadnt attcaked the ghost you would have had more information of the needs of the ghost. It wanted help but your father kind of scared it. Well if anyone attacked me wityh a bat, I to would be scared. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-23)
How sad that the Flats had to be sold. Poor little Mary.
I see that, in this story, your Dad was willing to help stop whoever was hurting the child that was crying, and that is why he took out the bat. I also see why he thought to then swing the bat at HER, as he then thought YOU in danger, and not poor Mary. How confusing for your Dad.
Too bad there was not a moment of shocked immobility so that both he and you could have found out what she truly needed help with. I would think it would be to Cross Over. Only because it would appear that others knew of her existence, and her demise.
Thank you.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-23)
Going on the assumption that this is a true account did it ever occur to you that the reason she lunged toward you was for protection. You were there offering help and then this giant comes screaming at her with a ball bat and instinctly dove to you for help. If maybe your Dad hadn't of overreacted she could have gotten the help she needed.

FRAWIN 😊
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-23)
Skeeter,hi. Why did your dad approach the apparition of a little girl holding a bat? How would that be useful? Then why did he yell at her that you were only trying to help? In what way were you trying to help? If I were a little girl and somebody came at me with a bat, I wouldn't see it as much of help.

Sorry if I sound skeptical,it's not my intention but I am wondering.

Thank you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: