You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Shadow Baby

Real Ghost Stories

Shadow Baby

 

A few months ago, my wife and kids and I were staying the night at my mothers house. In a room that was added on later on after building it. My mom was renting the house from this couple. This room was always kind of freaky. On night my wife said she saw this Cylinder shaped object floating in the room towards the door. I thought that was strange. But nothing compared to what she saw next.

On the night that we last stayed there, my wife, my two little girls and I were sleeping on a king sized bed. I was asleep so was my oldest daughter. My wife was sitting up in bed rocking my other little one in her arms. She swears she was still awake but kind of dozing off. With nothing but the light of the Computer Modem (not the monitor) on only gave little light in the room. Enough to make out the shapes of the objects in the room. Also everyone else in the house was asleep. So no sound other then the buzzing.

The Bed was in the corner of the room. She was sleeping near the wall and I was on the outside of the bed. She said she looked in my area and saw something kind of moving, like the very top of someone's head. More like a child in the crawling position. She told me later that it was moving really slow down the side of the bead. She was so scared. She double checked to see if it wasn't neither of the girls that may have gotten up to play or something (they both aren't scared of the dark). They both were a sleep.

Slowly it kept "crawling" towards the foot of the bed until it got to the corner. When it got there she told me that it poked its head up just enough to see the black of the eyes. But without hesitating it ducked back down the turned the corner crawling a little faster towards my wife. She told me that she lied down as fast as she could thinking it saw her. But again she swears that she was awake. She shook me and whispered my name over and over until I woke up. He sat up quick and asked what was wrong. She told me and I looked for it. I didn't not see anything. And I admit I was freaked out too. All of the strange experiences that I have had all my life from a kid to a grown man sort of gotten my nerves all crazy.

That is the event that happened that night. My mom no longer lives in that house.

The bathroom in that house always scared me. When I would take showers there, my face would get numb all the way down my arms.

Other hauntings by ScottRuiz

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ScottRuiz, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ladydarke (113 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-01-28)
Mods,

This story is among the others narrated on HorrorStudio1's YouTube channel. No credit is given to the author and there is no link to YGS. That's two that I've come across tonight: on a roll, I guess.

Here's a link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMLQ0AYNIxk
robertar (223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-30)
i've read/heard the reports of BEK's. But I've also read/heard accounts where known people have eyes turn from normal to black during what is believed to be episodes of demonic possession. So it's possible the BEK's are normal people under possession.
gogreenjessi (26 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-26)
black eyes? Sounds demonic to me. But a baby or small child is a human form, so maybe not a demon. It does sound like a negative haunting though. The fact that it responded to her seeing it, by ducking, proves it to be an intellegent type haunting. NOT residual. If that house was always creepy, than the entity is attached to the house, not the people. You probably won't be seeing it again!
VERY CREEPY STORY!
~Jessi
AmberMoonPriestess (15 stories) (158 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-16)
Have you and your wife had any more kids?

Did your wife loose a child before birth, or has she since the incident?

I ask this because you say your wife felt no actual fear of the creature. So it may have been a future or past child popping in to check on you.

It may have been something else as well. Its hard to say. I don't think it was one of the blackeyed tho your wife would definately have fear and possibly more and it would not have run away when it was spotted.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-09)
Nope, SchizoSephy, colored contact lenses are NOT illegal. You can purchase them around here at just about any place that sells contacts. They are even available in various department stores.
You can even get the kinds that make your eyes look as if you are the cinema type aliens, alligators, cats, star eyed, swirl eyed, all kinds of designs. And totally legal.
SchizoSephy (74 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-09)
whitebuffalo: Aren't coloured contact lenses illegal? Not that it would stop some people... I heard they damage your eyes too.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-08)
Hello ScottRuiz,
http://paranormal.about.com/od/humanenigmas/a/aa090406_2.htm
In his article, Black Eyed Kids: A Profile, Barry Napier of UFODigest, writes: "The black eyes... Could be nothing more than contact lenses. (Solid black contacts are available.) The most likely scenario is that the few convincing reports were the results of overactive imaginations, and that the string of reports that followed were nothing more than copycat falsified stories used for attention or fun..."
But, Napier admits, "most accounts seem to be passionate, and people that have encountered the [black-eyed kids] seem to be genuinely frightened even after the encounter..."
Those who see the paranormal in these encounters speculate that the people who have met them face to face are not wrong - the black-eyed people are not human. It's suggested that they are either extraterrestrial, interdimensional or demonic. Or some combination thereof.
I'll only say that it's an interesting phenomenon that seems to be growing and that should be scrutinized carefully and documented as best as possible.
Thank you.
SchizoSephy (74 posts)
-1
16 years ago (2008-04-08)
I've mentioned these horrid things before and I can't Stress enough, if you see a black eyed person, run. Run far away. These things are pure evil.
Come to think of it. If it was somehow killed would the eyes turn to normal (yet dead) eyes... I'm assuming they change to normal eyes...
Oh yeah, I think one of the movies on this site has one. I saw it somewhere but even though I was just watching a movie I was filled with dread.
ScottRuiz (7 stories) (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-05)
Flutterofwings - Yes I should have asked about that house but I am not sure that my mother is still in contact with anyone that owns it. My wife told me that she didn't feel threatened by it but that room gave her the creeps.
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-05)
I think looking into the history of the house would be helpful. That perhaps someone may of died in there. Maybe not a child perhaps. Entities can come in all shapes, colors,objects, animal and human.

Some entities draw attention to whom they are, for reasons such as if they died suddently. They may want somoene to look into why. Some won't accept they are actually dead and wonder around perhaps forever.

But I would start with the history and work my way to the entity that your wife seen. Has your children ever stated anyone they seen or talked with? Many entities will come to children first, then to adults.
ScottRuiz (7 stories) (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-04)
ChrisB - Yea, we never liked staying the night there really. It was always kind of eerie before anything happened. But I don't know anything about that place. My mom didn't either. But Right above the door in the room was a cross and an angel. Kind of like trying to keep something away. Thank you for taking the time and reading my experience.

KimSouth0 - You are welcome, Thank you for reading it. I had heard of some entity called "Boo Men" I heard of them from the "scary Stories to Tell in the dark" Book series so it may not be real but it makes sense. They hide in the shadows of dark places in your house or outside. Whatever you believe is hiding there will take the form and come after you. Thats what I saw happened. Because my wife was afraid of that house in the first place. But It may not have been a baby, maybe just a simple monster of sometime. Or Alien. Thanks for showing some interest in my experience.

Patch - You know I have read about those things in a Tabloid. I wasn't sure if it was real or not but I also believe that you can't always disregard those topics and stories. "Deny Ignorance".

Painted_Veil - Well, I am glad we were not injured in anyway. May mentally somehow after that but nothing else. We have stayed in that room before but only had eerie feelings. I believe it could have been something from another dimension criss-crossing ours that was just paying us a visit. Whats funny is, when we don't know or understand something, It scares us to death. We must come to a common ground on these these happening before we can fully understand. Thank you for reading.
Painted_Veil (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-04)
The thing about the Bek's (Black-Eyed-Children), is that the reports are most commonly said to be of people been inside a place and the 'child' asking to be let in. But back to your wife's experience. I also wonder why it was a child. But then again, why not? I hope you, your wife and children and anyone else don't get hurt (if you guys are still in that place).
Peace.
Patch (3 stories) (91 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-03)
It sounds a lot like it was one of those "Black eyed children" I've heard of. I myself haven't had any experience with them but I know of people that have.

http://losangeles.broowaha.com/article.php?id=288

This is the best I can find about them seeing as Wikipedia took down the page about them, Hope this helps, or whatever.

Thanks for sharing. ❤
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-03)
ScottRuiz,
Thank you for sharing your story with us. I certainly would have been terrified!

It is possible that it was not a child. There is a theory that some types of entities can take on different forms, shapes and sizes.

When you say she could see the black of the eyes, where they all balck or just the pupil area? That may make a difference to what she saw.

I realize you indicated this was a rental property, but do you have any history on the house or the location?

God Bless!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-03)
Vey interesting story. I bet your wife never liked going to that place. I wonder why it was a child. Maybe a child died in that house. Do you know the history of the house? Thank you for sharring. I hope to haer from you soonand take care

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: