You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: She Saw a Clown

Real Ghost Stories

She Saw a Clown

 

This happened in the same house as in The Basement Dancer. It was 1989 I believe at around 9:30pm-10:00pm and everyone in the house was was already settled in except for my two oldest sisters (13-14) they were getting ready for bed and were the bathroom which had a connecting door to the basement near the toilet. My oldest sister was actually using the restroom while the other was brushing her hair.

Well, as she was doing that she heard a strange noise coming from the basement. (see she was the one that actually told me this story. I was too young to remember anything) She asked my oldest sister if she heard the noise and she said yes. So then she walks over to the basement door and opens it slowly. She peaked her head around the corner to see the most chocking thing that she has ever seen. She told me she saw this person or demon crawling up the stairs like how a baby would, dressed in this clown suit, holding what looked like a knife in his hand. She told me it was like a dwarf because it was smaller then a midget. She gasped and could not move. When she did that it looked up at her with this "freaky" grin then put the knife in its mouth and started up the steps more quickly stumbling and catching its toes on each step because of how short it was. She could still not move but was making a hesitant sound that scared my oldest sister that then grabbed her arm but could not move her as if she was transfixed on the demon by a force.

Just about near the top she then let out a scream. She then told me that the "thing" stopped, stood up on the steps to then laugh at her sounding like a child. Then he fell backwards falling on the steps with dead weight looking like a person with no control of there limbs. She was then pulled into the bathroom with the door shutting hard.

My dad heard the scream and came to the bathroom. They told them what happened and he went downstairs to find what they saw. He could not find anything that resembled what they told him.

Scott.

Other hauntings by ScottRuiz

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ScottRuiz, has the following expectation about your feedback: I won't be reading the comments.

AlienHive (4 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-22)
I'm not sure if I believe it but stranger things hath happened.
HardToScare432 (1 stories) (72 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-28)
I have read enough 😭! I only read some and its ENOUGH to freak me out for a while 😢 But, It would be awesome if you came to my house to see if there was a ghost, since I know you can sense thing. I am thinking there is a ghost following me and I also heard the voice of a little boy next to me in my room.
XxbubblegumXx (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-03)
😨 I am so scared of clowns when I went to the circus I couildn't even look at the clown because it looked scary... The clown was kindda funny but to me it was scary so I kindda closed my eyes when I saw it.LOLZ: (😭
shadow_omega (3 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-09-19)
whether the story was true or not scary is scary. Well I'm not that scared of clowns just creeped out by them... Like others I would have probably screamed and ran away as fast as I possibly can. 😊
Hammily (14 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-09-19)
...I knew it! I knew some clowns are evil!... 😆 But I wouldn't think that they would be THAT evil... Yeah they can be creepy...weird...but still a bit funny... And yea... But a clown holding a knife huh?...creepy...~~~ 😐 I would run also if I see a death crazed little midget (or dwarf) clown holding a knife crawling up my stairs... 😕... You know I think that the basement is one of the most SCARIEST place in a house...
GhostWatcher101 (6 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2009-08-29)
Hi My name is cindy! I hate clowns for one. They freak me out. I believe your story. I have a little story of my own where I live at with clowns. There is actully a demon who feed off your fears. That clown one, I not for sure what the hell that was. I wish I could help you more. Just rememer They all float. Lol
gothprincess149 (9 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-05-13)
Seriously, I would've died if that happened to me! Well maybe I wouldn't die (my brother would, though), I probably would have fainted or screamed and then I would move out of the house as soon as possible! Great story, I won't be sleeping tonight... 😢 ❤
ThatRandomGuy (1 stories) (75 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-03-11)
😐 That's all I can say. 😐
No words can describe how horrifying this story is to me...
Dear God I'm going to be sleping with the lights on and the doors locked for a while.
-TRG
sarasaradg (1 stories) (7 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2009-01-16)
Cccclllloooowwwwnnnnssss! I hate clowns. I would die if that ever happenned to me! No joke. Thanks for the story. Bye! 😁 😁
texicana76 (1 stories) (6 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-12-31)
okay, this has got to be one of the scariest stories I've ever read! Like someone posted earlier, if this isn't true, then Scott, you could easily be the next short story best selling author! I couldn't stop picturing this scene in my head!
DUnknown (4 stories) (65 posts)
-1
16 years ago (2008-07-16)
QUOTING: "Hi! My name is Chucky! And I will be your best friend forever..."
Nothing like a good laugh to break the mix emotions... Hehehe
Thanks for sharing your story.
Just keep them coming...
God Bless.
rubyrose_99 (4 stories) (15 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-16)
I don't know if I believe this or not! Bou if it's true, then it scared me to heck. If that happened to me I would have died of a heart atack 😨
Mandy ❤
cupcake10132 (4 stories) (193 posts)
-1
16 years ago (2008-05-09)
Ah! Scary! *shivers* I also have a strong imiganation and just saw, a little drawf dressed up, with BLOOD TRICKLING DOWN HIS CHEEKS, and then the knife cutting his lips and bleeding there, and then a blood-curdling scream from your sister and then, BLACK OUT. *shivers* That was scary, thanks for the story Scott!
ominousnyxx (10 stories) (136 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-05-09)
UGH! That gave me goosebumps! I hate having a strong imagination! I picture everything in so much detail, even though you didn't describe what the clown looked like, I pictured the most horrific thing anyone cannot possibly imagine! ><
pinkpantherclue (5 stories) (24 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-02-09)
Scary! I heard about pedofiles that dress as clown statues, and hide in people house's, hoping to get the children. The babysitter calls the parents and the parents say they never bought a clown statue. Creepy stuff. Its an urban legend.
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-01-27)
I was not going to click on this myself. As since I been a child "clowns" have frighten me. But I wonder why there is so many small tiny people we see either spirits, ghost or other. As I have seen tiny people myself not more then a couple feet high anyone know why so many tiny people seen?
Tonith (1136 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-12-23)
If this story is fabricated the author is missing his calling and could be the next Stephen King. If it is true,it's terrifying. I am a little confused. Did the other sister see it as well? Or was she just trying to pull her sister away from the doorway? I would imagine if it was almost to the top of the steps the other sister should have been able to see it as well.That's my logic kicking in but again it's a great story and gave me the goosebumps.
Kahla (3 stories) (5 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-23)
😨 freaky... Clowns scare the hek outta me... And they always have... I feel terrible for her... 😨
The_Sweetest_Thing (3 stories) (10 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-30)
oh wow, that's a really good one... I would have died of heart failure if that happened to me
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-27)
Well, if this happened in a movie it would scare the h*ll out of me. If it happened in real life, I think I'd have a heart attack on the spot.
Dawkins20 (2 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-25)
I have a fear of clowns, so that story scares me! If I saw that I would never go in that room again! FREAKY!
summer_starz7 (12 posts)
-1
17 years ago (2007-08-24)
That is really scary! 😲 I don't think my house has anything like that in it but, sometimes I will see this little white human like thing the size of a possum scerry around the kitchen floor then dissapear (the sound it makes sounds like a small dog running across a hard wood floor) I hope nothing this scary ever happens to any of us again! 😨

~ ❤ Summer
Hawkgirl (6 stories) (55 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-24)
Scott,
I do believe your story because something similar happened at my aunt's house. My oldest cousin was taking care of us (my brother and a couple of cousins who were there too) one night when the rest of the family attended to a funeral. We all were watching tv in his room and he went to the kitchen to sneak candy for us. Instead he came back with an extremely pale face and did not want to tell us why until the next day, he told my uncle that he had seen a clown's head on the kitchen's floor. It happened about 17 or 18 years ago and he still feels nervous around clowns 😐
Soma (3 stories) (21 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-24)
Whoa freaky! I didn't want to click on this story when I read the title because I thought it sounded made up. But then today I wrote a story "Otherworldly Creatures" I put it in the psychicexperiences.com website, I experienced seeing something like a gnome or whatever, while having a sleep paralysis episode. My little brother said he saw a purple dog/monster looking thing in his room, when he was 13, and hes the most honest person I know, to this day he recounts the story the same as back then(9 years ago).

So as crazy as it sounds, I really think there's stuff like this out there! I mean non-human forms... Whether its their true form or some entity assuming that form to scare the bejeezus outta you, we can only guess. And then I thought, hey maybe that clown story is true...
asje (7 stories) (20 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-24)
One afternoon, I was 9 or 10 years old, I was watching TV. I felt a sting on my leg, looked down and saw a little man (!), maybe about 10 cm, grinning at me. I jumped up and screamed. He fled at top speed from the living room, straight to the kitchen. I followed him with my eyes and he jumped into a crack in our concrete kitchen floor. It was so unreal. I never told anyone because I knew how stupid it was going to sound. Over the years I convinced myself that it must've been a dream. Until now ...
ScottRuiz (7 stories) (13 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-24)
Well I thank you for your respect man. Same here. Do you believe in following spirits?
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+2
17 years ago (2007-08-24)
Oh my goodness, I bow before you sir in humble awe. You are among a very select few who can actually take critisim of your story. All joking aside, I really respect that in a person, so Thank you. Thank you also for responding to the comments. Usually when someone post I will not participate, it is a good indication that the story is made up and they can not or will not try and answer questions or take critisim of the story. Not that I find the story any easier to believe, just I now have a more profound respect for its author.
Please accept my apology for the jokes about your story.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
ScottRuiz (7 stories) (13 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-24)
Hello everyone. Sorry I have not been able to reply for this is the first time I have been on in like a week and a half.
Thank you for all of your comments. For the record This is not a "fake" Story. Everytime we have a family get together we always seem to bring ghost experiences up and this story always comes up and they stick to the same details and give me there word. I really do trust what they say. That house had givin us trouble ever since we have lived there.
I understand everyones opinions and respect them. Thanks again.
poltergeistfan (3 stories) (26 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-23)
ok... That story was pretty freaky but its not as scary as the one my cousin told me
CearysAwesome (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-23)
Scott, That is the scariest story I have heard so far! 😨 Evil Clown Dwarfs! That's just scary. It is possible. It happend. No one could just make something like that up. I would not! Just thinking about it scares me! 😭

Ceary

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: