You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Kitchen Company

Real Ghost Stories

Kitchen Company

 

Far away from the place I called home. Now we are in Texas. The year is 1999 and with my parents being divorced now, my mom was the only person bringing in the money. SO, we ended up moving from a beautiful house in a suburban neighborhood and into an old house far in the country. This house was old looking. Blue. When you walked inside the long/tall hallway went straight back to the kitchen. Going up the hallway were two rooms to the left and the living room by the front door on the right and further up was my mom's room. The first time I stepped foot in the house, I already had a bad feeling. I was 15 years old and was into the scary stuff. Still remembering all the things that happened from my previous homes I had my "guard" up for any funny business.

One night after coming back from a high school football game I found that I was home alone. My mom and the rest of the family were at my uncle's house that was literally up the dirt road. I was too afraid to walk over there because of how dark it was. My ride was already gone and I was just there standing on my light-less porch. Yea, my mom forgot to turn on the front porch light before she left. So, standing there I didn't really want to go inside. What to do. "Well, at least she left the living room light on" I told myself. I unlocked the door and slowly walked in. The hallway was dark. Not one single light on in the whole house. Only in the living room was the light and TV on. For a few seconds while shutting and locking the door I stared into the dark hallway hoping not to see anything. The kitchen was dark and had an eerie look to it with the moon light just barely shining into the window above the sink. I quickly ran into the living room. I sat on the couch and reached for the phone to call my mom. But I then realized that the number list was hanging near the phone in the kitchen. There was no way in hell I was going into the kitchen. So I sat there watching TV for a while. After a few minutes I heard some music playing. I did not know where this was coming from but I did know that it was coming from down the hallway somewhere near the bedrooms. My heart jumped then stopped, at least it felt that way. Getting up from the couch I walked towards the entrance and peaked around the corner. The music was playing louder. All I could see was darkness coming at me from all corners of the house.

I decided to walk down the dark hall towards the sounds. I was trying to be a tough guy. The closer I went into the hallway I could start getting a sense of where it was coming from. It was coming from the bathroom. When I got to the bathroom I reached in and turned on the light before walking in. The radio was on and it was on the sink. I thought to myself "maybe it was on the whole time and I just now heard it?". I began to turn it off when I looked down and saw the cord unplugged from the wall, and at that instant I ran out of the bathroom and up the hallway towards the front door. As I passed my mom's room her door opened slowly but I was running to fast to really notice. It seemed like an eternity unlocking the locks. I felt like I was going to go into shock. I got the last lock undone when I heard a moan coming from the kitchen. I opened the door got out then shut slammed it behind me. I ran to the road with nowhere to go. I was 15 but still wanted to cry. I was home alone in a "haunted" house and my mom was a mile away. I stood there with my hands on my hips trying to catch my breath. It took me a few minutes to get my thoughts together I convinced myself that I was over reacting. The radio must have had batteries in it. I walked back up to the porch and sat on the steps. I sat there waiting... And waiting... And waiting.

I was lying down on my back after a few minutes. Then I hear this noise coming from inside the house. It sounded like someone walking with a pair of flip flops on. The sound was coming closer, and closer to the door. I Stood up and backed away from the porch. It got closer all the while getting louder and faster. Then it stopped. I couldn't do this anymore I thought to myself. I turned around and headed back towards the road now with a few tears in my eyes. But to my relief my mom was coming up the driveway. I ran to the car and everyone steps out. "What's the matter?" my mom asked me after seeing my face and how distraught I was. "I hate it here mom!" That's all I could say before my older sister screams out and walks back to the car in shock with her hand covering up one side of her face to not look in the direction of the house. Her eyes were wide open and her crying was held back. "What happened?!" my mom then asked her. I will never forget what she told me she told us she saw. She said that she saw three faces looking out the bedroom window at us. She described them as melted together and had these angry frowns with the eyes missing. My mom believed her. I then told her what I had experienced and after that we ended up staying at my uncles that night.

The next morning we were very nervous about going home. My older sister never came back; she stayed with family until we moved out. My youngest brother and sister didn't know about anything. And I didn't want to leave them or my mom alone so I went home to watch over them we ended up moving out a little after that. We had to move in with family until we could get another place. I believe that it was something that was trying to get me that night. Some evil strong force that forced its way into this world and did everything it could to get close to me. I believe it used the music to lure me into where it was hiding in the kitchen. If I would have stayed in that house that night I might have become possessed or something. My sister is still traumatized from that image of these faces that looked entwined together. I also later found out that my mom had experienced a negative presence in the house, and had seen quite a few things but kept her mouth shut to not worry or scare us.

Thanks for reading and hope to hear from some of you soon.

P.S. The radio did have five batteries in it. But it needed Six to work with it being unplugged...

Scott

Other hauntings by ScottRuiz

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ScottRuiz, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

yellowdolphin (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-19)
Oh my gosh! I could picture the faces in my head! SO creepy! Good story!

Janie ❤
Alice787 (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-18)
Oh my gosh!

That was SCARYYY! You sounded very brave! I really enjoyed your story. All the best to you

Alice787:)
ScottRuiz (7 stories) (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-30)
faerielike - Thank you! I will make sure to bring all I can give! Lol. Just keep reading!

Nadia - Thanks for reading! I am glad I was able to pull you into the story. Also, thanks for the compliment.
Nadia (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-29)
Great story! Felt like I was there beside you! You write you're experiences so well! Keep us updated with more!:)
faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-29)
I would love to read more from you! Bring it on! You tell a good tale! 😁
ScottRuiz (7 stories) (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-29)
princessLotus - Thank you for reading. I have many more still to come. Keep in touch.
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-29)
Scott, thank you so much for posting this story. It's one of my faves. The way you wrote it caused me to feel like I was there with you. I could relate, you know? Well I would like to hear more if you have any. Bless you & yours. MCL!
~LSD~
ScottRuiz (7 stories) (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-29)
23_Chantelle_23 - Thanks for the read. Yea, we were all in the same boat at the time. Living there, we all had some form of contact with the unknown, so we all knew how each other felt. I would not like to know why they were there and what they wanted. Again, thanks for reading.
ScottRuiz (7 stories) (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-29)
HardToScare432 - Yes that is what she described to us what she saw. Thinking about it now, it does kind of resemble the drawing on the cover of that book. But she did see it and actually hates talking about it now. It was dark that night but that is what she said it looked like.

Faerielike - Thank you for reading. I already have a few other stories if you would like to read them. I have many experiences to there will be many more stories.

DARKNESS - Being 15, there was not much I could think of doing other than running out. I also believe that the radio turning on by itself was a way to lure me in. The spirit had to find an easy host. Me being in a "safe spot" like I was in the living room with some religious decor already all over the place kept it hiding in the dark. Being said, I believe that the bathroom was the spot where it would have taken over. The moan in the kitchen...well, I don't know what that was, but from what went on that night I would think it was what ever was in that house. Maybe trying to take an energy form, and that is what my sister saw in the window. I got out just in time...
23_Chantelle_23 (84 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-29)
lol that
Is
Spooooooooooky!
Im also glad everyone believed eachother and you got the f out of there haha. It would be super interesting to know the origins of those ghosties obviously they arent happy ones! Maybe they suffered?
Loved the read
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-28)
Geez that would be pretty frightning I would have done the exact same thing. It did seem as though it lured you into the bathroom to see exactly that with the radio, quite spooky. Do you have more info on the moan you heard from the kitchen at all? This was a pretty frightning experience.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-28)
Cool story! I really enjoyed this one! I hope I get to see more from you!
HardToScare432 (1 stories) (72 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-28)
What kind of freaks me about what your sister saw in the window, is that the EXACT thing she described... Is the front picture of scary story book. Yes, it is draw but still... You know?
ScottRuiz (7 stories) (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-28)
Gadget - Yes, that night was a night that would have been a lot worse. If I would have just ran into a room and hid under some covers, I would have seen some things that only hell could have spawned. But running out was the best thing. When I ran past my moms room, Something was in there. It was just coming out. I think that was what came up to the window. It was just that close of "taking" me.

Pendragon - It was something that had to get real bad first I think. The feelings she had were small compared to that night. My mom always thought there were reasons and explanations for everything even though she has had many experiences with the supernatural that she could back up and put on her life that it really happened. But thanks for your concern. We are FAR away from that house. Never looking back.
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-28)
Let me start by saying this: I am so very sorry that it took until that night for your mom to decide, "yeah, we should move out", even though she had felt evil in the house before. You should have been out of that house at her first inkling of something being wrong, and I have warned my parents and boyfriend that, should I not feel welcome at any time or in any house, I will not live there, I will find elsewhere to live. They think I'm joking. Ha.

In my opinion, people should take feelings of negative energy more seriously... You never know what it should manifest into. I read somewhere, once, that the tradition of masks on Halloween was originally created by our ancestors to frighten away demons and ghosts for the year. I've also read that humans should be following those intuitive guy feelings, because that dates back to ancient humans as well, back to the caveman days. Those intuitive feelings are what kept our ancestors alive, and allowed humans to survive to today.

I think that this applies to ghosts as well - those natural, animal instincts, are what alerts us to something creeping and lurking, and that's why people, who have no ghostly expieriences, can still feel something "wrong" about a place, but that's about all. I've read so many stories on this site where the parents knew about the hauntings, but didn't say anything because they "didn't want to scare the kids", "hoped it would go away", "really liked the house", or "chalked it up to imagination".

Please, for the love of everything - if your kids tell you, "I don't feel welcome here", and you feel spooked around every corner, in any house, start looking into new places to live that don't give you those feelings. It stops stories like these from happening, from traumatizing children to the point where they will resent ever living in that house.

Again - I'm so very sorry that it took that long for your mom to come to her senses.

Penny ❤
gadget (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-28)
Wow, that's pretty scary business! I am glad that your mother believed you and your sister--of course, it'd be sort of hard to deny it when she had experienced things herself, right?--and you all got out of there. It definitely sounds like whatever was in that house was trying to get at you that night, perhaps because you were the only person there for it to 'pick' on. And maybe you are absolutely right, maybe you got out in just the nick of time before it had a chance to inflict real harm on you. But whether or not the entity meant you any harm, it is still quite unpleasant to have something so terrifying close at hand. I think you handled it well though, especially given how scared you were. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: