You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: A Gift from the Other Side

Real Ghost Stories

A Gift from the Other Side

 

This literally just happened today 1st april 2008, and no it is not an april fools joke. I was talking to my dad on the phone and he told me that the most amazing thing had just happened to him. He had been out with his friends and arrived home at about 5 in the morning when he found that the statue we keep on the t.v. fell on the ground, although this always happens even though there are many statues on the t.v., this is the only one that falls.

My dad then went to sit on the bed when he noticed a strange flower lying on the bed, my dad decided he would ask my grandmother in the morning if she had placed the flower there. He then lay on the bed and just as he was about to sleep, he felt someone gently touch him although no one else was in the room.

In the morning ny dad went to see my grandmother upstairs and ask her if she had placed the flower on his bed but she couldn't have as she is 90 and finds it difficult to walk, he then spoke to my aunt about it and she told him that she didn't even go in his bedroom.

One very strange thing that happened since the manifestation of the flower is that for the first time in 3 years my grandmother actually said she was happy when asked how she was feeling usually she always replied that she was depressed or lonely. My dad was also filled with joy and happiness and everyone noticed it.

I truly believe that this flower is a gift from God or someone who is watching (maybe my deceased grandfather) over us to tell us not to despair and to have faith and be happy.

Sorry if my story is not scary though my experiences are never scary but rather comforting and show that even after our loved ones leave us they are never truly gone.

Other hauntings by karaonline199326

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, karaonline199326, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

iWereWolf (17 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-13)
maybe it was your mother?

any way I thought it was a really cool story

It made me happy, I'm sorry if offended you about thinking if it was your mother,
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-13)
karaonline199326,
I would never apologize for sharing a story that is not scary. People who have paranormal experiences have a variety of responses to them. Thank you for sharing this story with us that has a familiar FAMILY feel to it, and proving as a few other story tellers have, that not all unexplained instances have to have us screaming our lungs and voices dry.
Thank you.
Niall (4 stories) (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-12)
Oh Pixiemel how lucky you are!

I would give the world to have happy experiences like that.

All my personal experiences have been terrifying and malevolent except for one which I will post on this website in due course.

You are very lucky if it is a spirit doing that especially if it is a family member. Spirit friends will never leave you or be disloyal unless you insult them or tell them to leave.

You are VERY fortunate.
Pixiemel (20 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-11)
That story was so wonderful and happy! I am glad for your dad! My mother has died and I have never managed to contact her, or if she does she is hiding well. I am not living a happy life with my father and I think she knows that if she appears I will stop fighting for myself and start asking her for help all the time. But sometimes I do with she left something behind for me... Thank you for sharing!
chelleck (3 stories) (56 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-11)
This is the best ghost story I've come across to date. Very sweet; Thank you for sharing it. ❤
rezeoth (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-10)
i love scary stories but I love to hear these stories ALL the time 😁 hope ever one like this story as much as I did
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-10)
I found your story wonderful, and very refreshing! Please do not apologize about it not being scary and what not. This is wonderful, I love these types of stories, and I am certain you are right. Who ever and how ever the flower got there, it had a positive effect on the house hold and its inhabitants. What else matters?

Thank you for taking the time to share with us!

God Bless!
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-09)
Very sweet and, yes, comforting story. I enjoyed it very much. Thanks for sharing.
LesleyLaFleur (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-09)
😊 Your story doesn't have to be scary, I found that actually comforting. Glad to know that there are really nice spirits out there willing to give help. Hope you never have a bad expirience,
Lesley ❤
Patch (3 stories) (91 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-09)
For a story to be a ghost story it doesn't need to scary, that was a beautiful story and thank you for sharing. ❤
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-09)
Not all stories have to be scary. I tyhink this one is a good story. There is so much we do not understand. MAybe it was a gift from your grandfather. Who knows? I hope to hear from you soon and take care

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: