You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: It Followed Me from Home

Real Ghost Stories

It Followed Me from Home

 

When I was 13-14 years old, after school one day, my friend Lisa asked me if I wanted to come over to her place later to maybe watch a movie and eat some candy, since her parents and siblings are going to visit her aunt, so I said sure I think I can.

Later that day no one could drive me down to her so I had to walk (Lucky it was summer, so I wasn't freezing to death), but as I was halfway towards her place (She's around 3-4 kilometers away) I noticed something was following me so I quickly turned around and no one was there. I just thought it was my imagination so I kept on walking.

As I came to her house I still felt something was looking right at me from behind, but I tried to ignore it as the best I could. I ringed their door bell and her mother came out and I went inside to her room.

We just sat there talking about normal stuff and after, we went to the store to buy some candy for when her parents leave. But as we walked, she kept turning her head around and she kept doing it a couple of times. "What is it?" I asked her, and she just replied "Oh nothing, I just felt like someone was watching us" I didn't reply and thought it might just be a bird or something watching us.

As it became dark and her parents left, we put on Star Wars (Can't remember which one) and we ate candy while watching. Suddenly we heard something downstairs, like some boxes were moved so we went downstairs and checked, but nothing was to be found so we went back up and kept on watching again.

Then it came again and we were really frightened, "Let's just turn the T.V off and go to my room instead" she said and we took the candy and put the movie on pause.

When we had just walked 3 steps the movie suddenly started again and the T.V went on. She screamed and jumped, and she quickly turned off the DVD player, and the T.V and we ran into her room and closed the door.

We jumped into her bed and put her blanket over our laps. "What just happened?!", I just replied "I have no idea..." then we heard the boxes were moving again for a few seconds, we heard something that started to walk up their stairs. We were really scared and were frozen in terror, but as the steps reached the top of the stairs they stopped, and she quickly grabbed her cell phone to call her mom, but as fast as she got it up we heard their house phone started to ring and we hid under the blanket.

It rang for almost 30 seconds before it stopped and then we heard the steps again, and they went to her bedroom door (The room we were in) and then it stopped again.

We were just sitting there in terror, until we heard her parent's car come up in their driveway. We were really happy and we heard them come up the stairs (Even before they went out of the car) and we heard nail scratching on the walls all the way to her bedroom door, and suddenly it opened quickly and Lisa screamed again, but it was her parents this time.

"Ha ha, what were you doing in the bed? Weren't you going to watch a movie?"

"Maybe they were kissing? Ooo..."

Lisa got angry and said "No! Weren't not a couple, and we were hiding from the strange thing in the house"

"What strange thing?"

But she couldn't explain it and the parents thought we were just imaging it, so after we were so confused and I was so scared what it might have been.

Maybe it followed me from home?

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Cirdan, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-05)
I do agree with WB and Frawin that the mind can play tricks on us but for some reason I think there was a haunting in Cirdans story. It seems to me that a spirit followed you and started to act. I don't know why but I wonder. Thanks for sharring your story. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-02)
Cirdan,
I will have to agree with whitebuffalo on this one. Sometimes when we get
'creeped out" our imagination can cause us to see and hear funny things. I did enjoy reading your story, it brought back memories of myself at that age-walking home after dark and hearing all kinds of "boogers" after me. Thanks for sharing your story, it was an interesting read.

FRAWIN
😊
Cirdan (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-02)
KimSouth, Yes I have. I have another story acctually. 😆
And too Whitebuffalo. I didn't tell my friend what I felt, and we did investigate the day after. And we saw some moved stuff.
Could be coincidence, but I don't know.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-02)
Ciridan,
Regardless of what occured at the house with your friend, why would you think 'it' followed you home? Have you had occurances at home?

Thanks for sharing your story with us!
God Bless! 😁
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-02)
Just going on what you have written here, Cirdan, I think what may have happened was just a case of the "creepies". I am not trying to belittle your experience in any way, but I do know that at times our emotions rule where our mind should rationalize.
There have been times when I have left a place with the feel that someone was right behind me, I have turned to see who it was, and no one was there. I have an active imagination though, and can carry that feel on to the next place that I enter.
Just by the movements of my body, and the way I interact with the people that I visit with, sometimes OTHERS pick up this same feel. I do not have to come right out and say "I have a creepy feeling that something is following me today", most can tell by my actions.
I am suggesting this is what happened on this night. The FEEL came with you, and though you make no mention of relaying that to your friend, perhaps she could pick up on that.
The sounds of the boxes moving would be something all together different. Did you ever go and investigate after the parents got home? It would be interesting to note whether anything was found to be moved, or if it was all a residual sound.
Thank you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: