You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: I Saw my Mom Who Recently Died

Real Ghost Stories

I Saw my Mom Who Recently Died

 

My mother died about a year and a half ago. Last month I was looking at a picture of her before I went to sleep, I held on to the picture as I slept. Before I fell asleep I started to cry, and it got so bad I started to violently shake, my whole body wracked with sobs until a warm voice filled my ears, it said:

"Honey? Baby Doll, why are you cryin' sweetie?" It was my mothers voice.

"Mommy?" I said looking up at her, and my whole room looked different:

It was now early morning and the sun shined through my window, it landed at my mom's feet, my mom was in a white gown and her hair was let down her brown eyes where soft and filled with concern.

After registering what I saw I got up off the bed and ran into my mother's arms, and cried.

"Shh baby, shh, I don't want you to be sad Baby Doll, I'm okay. It hurts me to see you down here crying like this. Shh baby shh..."

I stood there in her arms now crying tears of joy that my mom was there with me.

"I don't know how to not be sad Mama. I miss you a lot..." I sniffled into her shoulder.

"You do honey, you know how to be happy, just be my little Hollywood..."

I closed my eyes and when I opened them again, my mom was gone, it was still nighttime, the time was the same as it was before I saw my mom, again I cried again, but I felt her presence in my room. I ran upstairs and I told my dad what I just saw.

~Candie

Other hauntings by Candiegirl

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Candiegirl, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Limnim2lottie (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-04)
That is so touching. I think that you have a gift, and your mother is watching over you.
😁 😁 😁
Candiegirl (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-24)
Thanks for the comments you guys they really are helpful <3
And I'm glad you enjoyed this story Ella, at the time, it was hard to deal with, but it's gotten to be easier now:] And Thanks for sharing your story with me Christian, and I have no doubt that she's in a good place now, just like your grandfather:]
xxXEllaXxx (guest)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-07)
Omg this my fave story Candiegirl I'm sorry aout your mum 😢 and its close to the experience I had I didn't see my uncle (in the experience) but he always called me Red and last night I heard Red are you ok sweetie and I freaked I wish I didn't though 😭 Take care Candie

Much Love Ella <3 xoxox ❤
buddyless5432 (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-23)
Hey Candiegirl,

I too have a similar experience. My grandfather passed away on june 28th, 2005, almost four years ago, going on five. On the day of his passing, when I heard the news I didn't believe it. I thought I was dreaming since had seen him the night before. Given he was hospitalized and hooked up with tubes and I.Vs out the a$$, I still couldn't believe he would have passed away without saying bye to me. On the morning that he passed away we all had gone to my aunts house for mourning. The house we were in is a one floor, two room house. Sort of like a ranch house, but really small.

Upon walking through the front door, you are standing in the kitchen, from the kitchen you can walk straight into a bedroom/ den, and if you walk to the right from the kitchen you hit another bedroom. I was standing in the kitchen looking forward, into the bedroom.den when I saw him sitting on the couch with my mom and aunts. From left to right it went my aunt, my mom, a blank seat, my grandma, and my last aunt sitting on the arm of the chair. I was standing at the door way of the bedroom when I saw him. He was sitting directly in between my aunt and my grandmother, with his arms around both of them. My family is from Ecuador, so in our house and in our relatives house we only speak spanish to each other. When I was graced with the presence of the grandfather, I saw him clean cut, no whiskers on his face, no beard, no nothing. He was in his favorite cashmere sweater, with a argil design of red and black. As I stood there I heard him say, "Estoy en paz. No lloar por mi, estoy bein, y feliz. Digale a todos, que no me lloran por mi, por que estoy en paz sin suffriendo, no dolor or nada. Etsoy sentando con el hijo de dios."

Translation" Dont cry for me, I am at peace. I am happy, and doing well. Please tell everyone else not to cry for me for I am happy. I am no longer suffering, in pain or anything, I am sitting here, next to the son of god. (Jesus).
This all in spanish in his raspy voice. I will never forget this because in the moment, I felt overcome with a sense of peace and joy knowing that he was happy. It was a life changing event, because at the wake, my cousin lauren, too had a similar experience, where she too was told the same exact thing, word for word.

So to candie girl, be happy you saw you. Be happy that your mother is watching over you to make sure your life is ok. Whenever times are hard, or your felling crummy, just remember your mom is watching you, do you want her to have to see you suffering? I don't think you would want that nor would your mom. Honestly if I could hold my grandpa one last time and tell him thanks for everything for helping me cope with his passing. Your mom was giving you a sign to let you know that no matter what happens she will be there to help walk you through anything no matter how difficult. Keep your head on straight and always smile, remember your mom is watching you. She never wants to see you cry. Because form what I have learned, there is peace in the end, no matter how bad things are for the person who lost the loved ones.
I hated the thought of being happy that my grandpa passed away, but it was a happiness because he wasn't suffering, he wasn't living of off tubes (Feeding tubes, or I.V's), or have to have a machine do the breathing for him. As he told me he was at peace, sitting next to god/jesus, I can only assume your mom is doing the same. Sorry for the long post hollywood, but hope this helps you feel some what better.
The connection that you and your mother had will never fade, she will always care, love, watch, and take of you, even if she isn't physically there. Have a great night Hollywood:)

~Christian ~
Candiegirl (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-13)
Thanks sooo much Ashley! I'm glad that you tink that she was and still is a good mom, she was tottaly the best! And Mandy, I'm also sorry for your loss! Losing your mom is hard on anyone... ❤ ❤ And I know I'm lucky, but why dose being lucky have to hurt?

XO Candie
XoxMandy96Xox (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-26)
Wow.My mom died of cancer a couple months ago and I would give anything to be in her arms again. This is a true blessing. You should be so greatful. My mother asks me questions in my dreams such as "Is sissy taking care of you?"..."Are you okay?"..."Hows john?"...all these questions. And sometimes I wish I could be looking at her again... Really you are so lucky...

God bless you and I am really sorry about your mom
ashley18 (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-24)
ohhh such a nice storie... I feel your being lonelyness for your loss mom... But I smiled when she says don't want to see you sad... How such a good mother... And I know shes always be there for you... Really nice... Thanks for sharing your story... I will added it to my favorites 😉 take care always... Godbless...mwaaaaahhh...
Candiegirl (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-14)
Kay 2 things 1. Thanks a lot for giving me your thoughts on this ❤ (just anwser whitebuffalo's question: the pet name she uses in the story is one name she had for me it was Hollywood because I love the spotlight and hope to be famouse and she'd call me hollywood after I preformed when I was happyst)
2. Thanks for your advise! It dose help ❤
RoseForEmily (34 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-11)
I'm sorry for your loss. I really am.
What you saw was your mom, just telling you that she's ok, and not to worry or cry.

She's watching after you. =)
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-11)
Hi again, Candiegirl.
I am so sorry for your loss. I know that is not why you have posted your story here, but you will get comfort from this site.
I apologize, but I have to be the "Devils Advocate" just now.
You went to sleep thinking about your Mother. In your grief you were crying and hanging tightly onto a photograph you had of her. SOME people may think that the dream that you had was a direct result of the grief, and your thought pattern as you fell asleep.
On the other hand, you felt her embrace, you talked to her, and she comforted you.
I just have one question: What is the pet name Hollywood about?
Thank you.
cupcake10132 (4 stories) (193 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-08)
That was your mother defintly. Her wounderful spirit came to comfort you. You felt her presence? That's wounderful! It meant she WAS in your room! Remeber, anytime you want to talk to her, just speak to her aloud and/or mentally!
Candiegirl (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-08)
I just want to say thanks to you all who've comented it really means alot!

Thanks guys:D

Candie 😳
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-08)
Hi Candiegirl. I am so sorry for the loss of your mother. Spirits will sometimes choose to visit people in their dreams because it is, from what I have heard, easier to come through to our dimension. I believe that you didn't just have a dream about her. I believe she truly was visiting you, to comfort you. Thank you for sharing. It is always good to hear nice stories of the great beyond.

SHELBY ❤ ❤
metalhed16 (14 stories) (119 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-08)
Loved ones will sometimes come back to say their goodbyes after they pass on... It may take some time but it'll happen... When my grandfather died he came to me the next day, I'm sorry you had to wait over a year lol.
TheMarkInside (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-07)
I'm sorry for your loss. I think your mom is just telling you she is ok and that she is watching over you. She's always going to be there for you. ❤
chingyvang (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-07)
So did you shift into the higher dimension? Did your room just changed physically, or were you kind of tired? Wow your story is soo amazing
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-07)
Im very sorry fo your lost. I bet your mom loves you very much. As I was reading I had a feeling like she canme to you as a perso. I think she came to you in your dream. Maybe you fell a sleep and she had to tell you something. You have to be strong and know that your Mother is ok. I know this is a hard time for you but your mother let you know that everthing is fine and that she loves you very much. Not all people have the privalage to see there loved ones when the pass. Remember this and hold it deeply in your heart. There is something more then life here. And she is waiting. It will be a long wait but it will be worth ity. I hope to hear from you soonand take care

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: