You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Illusion from a Ghost or Possession?

Real Ghost Stories

Illusion from a Ghost or Possession?

 

Hi guys I'm 19 and this is my first ever paranormal experience and I didn't like it. (Profanity is used in this story, but not a lot) It happened at my friends house.

Here's how it began.

At 4:00pm LAST Saturday (yeah it happened just 2 days ago) I was at my friends getting ready for our "Mario Kart Wii Party"

So while waiting for the other 3 guys to come, my friend was telling us how he heard someone call his name when he was on his computer at around 2am.

(Now in chinese myths, when you hear your name being called out and you don't know who it is, do not answer or do not look back, because apparently there is a ghost standing behind you wanting to take your soul or give you unimaginable bad luck that will cause you to finally take your own life)

So knowing about that he got alittle freaked out and ignored it and put his music up a little higher. After he told us that story, we just laughed and just said that it was 2 in the morning, your mind plays tricks on you. He agreed on that and laughed as well.

Well finally our other friends came and it was about 15 minutes to 7pm if I remembered. We played until 9:30 and I WAS BUSTING TO GO TO THE TOILET, but I was in the middle of a race. So I held it in. After I finished, (I came 3rd BOOO!) I quickly ran to the toilet, while there I felt a chill down my spine and then my blood ran cold and I felt so petrified for some reason and I was thinking in my head "oh god, please don't" so I just stood there... Feeling terrified for no apparent reason. Then I heard my friend insult me asking how long it takes for me to just pee. At that time I felt relieved and had a smile on my face.

(illusion or possession part)

When I went out the toilet door the walls became wobbly and I felt dizzy, I didn't think much of it. So I ran back and jumped into the gaming room and shouted "READY TO BE OWNED NOOBS?!" to my surprise my friends weren't there. So I figured, oh they must of went down to eat (we haven't had dinner yet) So I went down stair and no one was in the kitchen. When I finally realized his family wasn't in the house I got REALLY REALLY freaked out. "Guys! This isn't funny anymore" as I yelled out with a smirk on my face, so I ran towards the front door when I opened it THERE WAS A FREAKEN BRICK WALL, at that time I was about to cry so I screamed

"F**k you guys, seriously... THIS ISN'T FUNNY ANYMORE, F**KEN HELL!"

So I walked about feeling terrified, I stopped. Someone or something was behind me and I was so afraid to look back. I felt it RIGHT BEHIND ME! It's breathing was demonic almost gasping.

I was breathing so heavily, then I felt I grab. I screamed so loud (the loudest I have ever screamed in my WHOLE life)

After that scream I woke up on the floor near the gaming room with my friends around me, looking worried. As I got up I yelled at them "DO YOU THINK IT WAS FUNNY TO SCARE ME LIKE THAT?"

One of my other friends lashed out "SCARED YOU? YOU F**KEN SCARED US! WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU DOING?" I looked confused... And I told what happened and they looked confused and freaked out.

This is what I was told by my friends. I came to the gaming room then stopped walking, my face went pale white and my face was stunned. I stood there for a good 10 seconds just to collapse on the floor...

But my illusion felt like it went on for like 10-15 minutes.

What the hell happened here? If anyone could tell me, it would be great. I know ghost can cause illusions, but I'm just scared that it was a possession, if it was then I want to get my body cleansed.

Thanks for reading, I know it wasn't scary. But WEIRD INDEED.

Other hauntings by ominousnyxx

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ominousnyxx, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Shadead (91 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-27)
Trippy stuff keep posting what you and white find out cause there are people who are very interested.

~Shadead.
vinaykumar (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-11)
well I think so some stupid,jerk,moron (sorry for using bad words) ghost wants you to be his scary cat. Ominousnyxx be bold and courage. I wish all the best to you for facing these situations.

GOD BLESS YOU ❤ 😉
Reaper666343 (9 stories) (36 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-23)
Well I must say that's a pretty interesting illusion... Possession is likely but doubtful. Me and a few of my friends Study Paranormal for the fun of it and we even hunt ghosts and I have never even come close to hear stuff like that... This illusion could have come from a poltergeist trying to mess with you.
ominousnyxx (10 stories) (136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-17)
Response to Diyanuh: RROOFFFL!
I don't smoke weed, or any substances. I'm sort of Asthmatic. Lol - I don't even drink beer. Only Cocktail drinks, wine or liqueur. 😆

Response to White: Sure. Will do, when I have the time.;D Thanks!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-16)
Say, here is an idea...
You could e-mail me the dream, and I could see what I can see. If you are interested, just check out my profile.
Thank you again.
Diyanuh (2 stories) (39 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-16)
thats like really weird. Maybe you were really high and you were like really tripping balls LOL 😆.
ominousnyxx (10 stories) (136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-13)
Lol, no I didn't have a seizure, nor any medical background of epilepsy and such.

If I had a seizure, my friends would have told me. But all they said was I collapsed on the floor.

So yeah, this experience I had could have been natural or supernatural. I'll never know.

Also white - Since this isn't a "dream" interperating site, I didn't write about my dream (cause I thought it wouldn't be posted) instead, I wrote about what happened to me when I was around 6-7 years old.

HOPE IT GETS POSTED.;]

Thanks for all the comments guys.
wanderer (6 stories) (71 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-13)
That sounds like it must have been a terrifying expirience for you. Although it could have been paranormal to me it sounds like a seizure. I have known many people with epilepsy and many describe expieriences similar to what you had. If it happens again you need to get yourself to a doctor. If, on the other hand it is supernaturel you can help yourself by asking a priest or spiritual leader (depending on your beliefs) for a blessing. Also say a prayer on your own. I hope this helps. God Bless.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-13)
Personally, I would think to open a door on a brick wall, that could have TWO separate meanings.
One is what you stated, No way out.
The other is its complete opposite, No way IN. Perhaps in your subconscious, YOU were blocking SOMEthing from getting IN.
I AM NOT saying that you did not have an experience. I just thought to force you to look at in in a different light. What you thought about in your bodies "down time" may have looked like a bunch of unrelated things, but as you lost color BEFORE crumbling to the floor, I would think that would prove that the "dream" started BEFORE you completely shut down.
Perhaps the message was coming through clearly and at that point it was simply too much for you to handle. That happens often to people. Even the simplest things appear to be "too much" at times. So maybe your mind tried to stop the message by sending a separate message to shut down.
I would document your dream. Try to recall all of the details. Colors, smells, feelings, everything. Compare them to see if there are differences. Pay close attention. There is SOME reason for the recurrence.
Thank you.

P.S. Thank you for the compliments 😊
ominousnyxx (10 stories) (136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-12)
Well a brick wall blocking an entrance would be a "no way out"

And that reoccuring dream I'm having, is getting a little bit COO COO!

Before I use to wake up smiling, now I'm waking up to the feeling that someone is going to kill me. I hate this, I don't want to live in fear = ="

P.S; white, I like how you comment ^^ Lol
Also like your name "Autumn" very unique.
THANKS!

when I can I'll write about my dreams.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-12)
Many things could have you black out, just once. Low sugar or HIGH sugar can cause a person to become dizzy, get the cold sweats, feel a bit nauseous, unsteady on their feet.
A difference in temperature can do the same thing. You really do not have to be outside to suffer the ill effects of heat stroke or hypothermia. (Just an example, I doubt either of them came into play for you) The difference of air pressure can cause the same dizzying effect, and it does not have to be a big difference like that of opening a window in an airplane at 20, 000 feet. You did come out of one room and into another at the time of this unexplained instance.
Our bodies are machines. There are many things that go one within our bodies that we just take for granted as we do nothing to help their functions along. We do not think of making our heart beat, we do not think of making our stomach process food. At any given moment their could be a "glitch" in the machine causing abnormalities that may or may not repeat themselves.
When our bodies shut down, as in the black out state, our brains do not. That could cause the hallucination, or the vision, that you experienced. Who knows though, the vision may have been a message to you that could only get through once your physical body had shut down for a while.
What would a brick wall behind an open door represent TO YOU?
Thank you.
ominousnyxx (10 stories) (136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-11)
I know it's not a possession now, but the thing is, I didn't black out for 10 seconds, I was told by my friends I stood there for 10 seconds and then collapsed on the floor. (they didn't tell me how long I was out)

But the thing is, why would I have a black out for no apparent reason? I didn't even feel faint all day. After this incident happened, I haven't been able to sleep properly. I would also wake up at the same time, 5am and never get back to sleep cause I feel like someone is behind me. (I wouldn't open my eyes, I would just get my ipod and listen to music, to forget about it)

I don't know =/ Maybe it was more natural than supernatural... But then again, it was just weird that it happened... I mean all of a sudden =/
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-11)
Hi ominousnyxx,
I have not read through the rest of the comments, so I apologize in advance if I type something someone else has already posted.
I would have to say this was not a possession. There would have been a heck of a lot more that had happened for you to have been possessed for that full ten seconds. Also, I have a hard time believing that an evil entity would go through all the trouble of possessing you for that full ten seconds. After all, what would the purpose of that be?
I think it possible that you simply blacked out. It happens to many people with no prior experience with a black out. There really is no rhyme or reason for them, and they do not always come with a warning or accompaniment. Some people who have blacked out only do it once. And it really sounds, to me, that this is what happened to you.
Thank you.
RoseForEmily (34 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-11)
That is scary. I don't know what I would have done, but it's really creepy 😕
metalhed16 (14 stories) (119 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-10)
whoa dude... Messed up.

I don't know what to make of it... There are a lot of things out there that haven't been explained and may NEVER be explained... That would definitely be scary though man. Lol

Hit me up sometime if you want... My emails on my profile
SchizoSephy (74 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-08)
What a horrific experience. I don't know much about Chinese beliefs but I would be dead a million times I had tons of voices call out my name. But the illusion/possession thing may have happened to me about a year ago. Apparently when I went to bed at my friend's house I was asleep and suddenly got up (I'm known to contort my body when I sleep somehow.) But I attacked them saying "Backeth demon!" then I simply went back and lay down. I've remembered bits and pieces since then. I'm assuming as time goes by you should be able to remember those events.
ominousnyxx (10 stories) (136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-08)
Yeah, most of you are saying I had a vision...
A vision of what? I was running helpless and there was a brick wall where it shouldn't be, then someone was behind me who grabbed me.

Do you think I have to interpret the vision? =/
ominousnyxx (10 stories) (136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-07)
Good, cause I don't want to be possessed.
LOL. *shudders*
But after that incident, 3 days in a row now, I've been having this reccuring dream... I'm sitting in the comfort room, where my piano is. I start playing and then someone else sits next to me, who I can't see, starts playing with me, I end up waking up with a smile. It's the same dream, but different musical peices I play everytime I sleep.

Although it makes me feel good, I'm sort of scared cause it happened right after this illusion happened. = ="
gary11872 (1 stories) (60 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-07)
very intruiging, I don't think your were possessed. I believe you had a vision. A simple tool used to incite fear into people.

That was really good, one of my favorites.

:)
ominousnyxx (10 stories) (136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-07)
Lol, I didn't have a seizure, I have no medical history or any of my family has had seizures and Mario Kart Wii doesn't have flashing lights.

I know it could be possible, but I played Mario Kart Wii at my house (since it was my Nintendo Wii) and I've played it for 7 hours straight, why did I have it at my friends house? Is his house haunted or something? AND THE BRICK WALL... What the hell was that? Ooh... And the series of dreams I've been having... I'll post that up when I can submit it.
SADA_OSEGUERA (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-07)
hey there partners. I like this story I agree with emma it happens like all the time but it sounded pretty scary. I need some help perhaps some answers. The stories I will post up are about EVIL indeed evil spirits or better yet known as demons. These stories are very real you can look em up I'm not the first person to past through these horrors that's why there well known. So be aware of my stories LOL no really.
Emma2008 (4 stories) (110 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-07)
Perhaps you had a seizure of some sort, due to the video game you were playing. My ex-husband had all kinds of seizures, from the kind where he would walk around aimlessly, have hallucinations, to grand mal seizures. I think in your case, it was brought on from the video games (flashing lights), it can happen.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-07)
Well I think you fainted and had a vission maybe. Or this was one of those tricks the mind plays on you. I'm not sure but it sounds scary. I wish I coulkd help you here but I don think I even ever fainted. I liked your story. If anything more happens let us know. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
ominousnyxx (10 stories) (136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-07)
"I was breathing so heavily, then I felt I grab..."

Typo there; "I felt a grab..."

God, after this incident happened I started having weird dreams. It's pissing me off... Cause I get scared easily and I want it to go away...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: