You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Photographs / Videos / EVP :: A Weird Vacation Picture

Real Ghost Stories

A Weird Vacation Picture

 

As I mentioned in my previous posting, last month a friend and I took a trip to Ireland. Both of us took many pictures in the ten days we were there. About two weeks ago my friend was visiting with me, and we decided to look at the pictures in my camera on the TV. My friend likes to "zoom in" on the pictures to see the details -- and WHAT a detail she discovered in a picture of me that was taken the first day we arrived...

We had just driven through The Burren in County Clare, and were driving into County Galway. Along the road we spotted a few cars parked along the side, and curious, we pulled over to see what the other people had stopped to see. It turned out to be a very big and beautiful Faery Ring. Some other women we met there said to me, "You can really feel 'them' here... " To make a long story short, my friend took a picture of me with my camera sitting in the Faery Ring, and then we continued on our way into Galway.

A Weird Vacation Picture

The picture was originally a long shot, to get me surrounded by this particular site. But when we zoomed in on the figure of me on the TV two weeks ago, we saw what looks like something climbing up behind me over my head. On close inspection you can actually make out a face, and an arm. I felt nothing at the time, and my friend saw nothing unusual when she took the picture. Needless to say, both my friend and I were shocked to see what we saw in the TV close-up.

I'm sending along a copy of the picture, as close-up as I could make it without distorting anything. I can say now, this picture is not as clear as it was on a big TV screen, but you can see that something -- or someone? -- is definitely there on top of my head. My friend and I checked carefully to see if it might have been a trick of the light or something, but we could not see anything other than what it seems to be. Any opinions, anyone?

Other hauntings by JerseyGirl

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ireland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, JerseyGirl, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-13)
JerseyGirl,

I do not see what you are talking about but I do see what looks like a small child just behind you on your right side.

I'm actually surprised that you weren't told not to go into a Faery Ring. It upsets the Faeries living in the Ring. This includes if you come across a large clearing in the woods and there is a circular growth of trees. NEVER enter those trees as you don't know what is living in there. I've also read that even if it is only a half mile walk to get through the trees you can get lost as the scenery is always changing and a compass would be worthless as the magnetic field is strong. You will get out eventually but it may take a few hours.

Regards
Red
shelbyloree (5 stories) (285 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-10)
Looks like the drawing of the utberd I have in my Enchanted World (Ghosts) book.

An utberd, it says, is a 'vengeful infant ghost... From the old Norse word for "child carried outside." It had been born sickly into a family that already had too many mouths to feed, and it had been exposed.' (Lifetime Books, pg 40)

Could be something like that. The Celts were pretty harsh with the living, burying POWs alive to pacify the earth goddess, burying children en masse under castles, etc.

This valley area could have also been the 'drop off' area when an unwanted child was born in ancient times. The parents would believe fairies would come for the child and take them to be raised as changlings in the fairy realm.

The reality would be leaving a child out to die from exposure to the elements, who would then become a ghost. Very tragic.

Anyway the utberd came to my mind looking at this photo.
bluehippy (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-05)
Wow it is a strange pic. This is my first time on this site iv been looking for a explonation to a photo I took. The pic is of the back of my head. I have had extream hairloss so to take a closer look I lifted part of my hair an took my picture. I was shooked to see the images on the scree. I can see a full face over right hand side of pic and white outline of a face below righthand corner then in the center at top of pic I can also ssee a skull like image.
loutee21 (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-31)
weird...after zooming the pic, I can actually see many faces... 😊
WiniPu4 (207 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-29)
Hello:
I rarely comment, but felt compelled this time. Although I do believe in the paranormal, I am a retired Navy photographer & normally find logical reasons for orbs and photo anomalies. I do know about the human phenomena for creating faces in most we view. All this being said, unless somebody "Photoshopped" small transparent, blurry faces into your photo... It appears to be real. And I do see many, many small faces all over the photo. There are several that appear to be peeking from behind you on your left. The blurry area could be condensation on the camera, smoke from a cigarette, or just a light reflection. But I still see many small faces EVERYWHERE. There is one tiny human-like face to the left of your head (NOT your left, the left on pic). If you draw an imaginary line from the top of your head to the left edge of the pic, you can see it. I started counting and left off at 25. I find it most compelling. Perhaps I should go back through all my images from Ireland a few years back. Very, very interesting...
polarage (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-09)
i don't see any credibility in the shapes or forms that everyone is claiming to see. There is a phenomena out there where people claim to see faces and forms in nature that they claim have to be supernatural. The only pattern I see in the grass is just that, natural grass and rock. The bit that I believe could even remotely be considered supernatural is the gray part on your hair. But there are too many ways that could even be explained away. I'm not saying that you didn't capture anything, but I think people are looking for things that arent there in the first place.
danceswithdoom (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-09)
I found this photo very intriguing.
I do see the little person on top of your head. And I don't know if it just a trick of the light and the surroundings, but I saw several other faces in the rocks and grass around you. The first and most prominent that I noticed was right behind your right elbow, there is a face sticking out. It's pretty hard to miss. Then in the left corner on the rock there appears to be another face, one that kind of looks old man or "wizard-like" to me. I also see another on the left side, right where the grass meets the rock.
I don't know if it's just my imagination or not, but I definitely see some faces there.:)
ashville (3 stories) (42 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-16)
I keep coming back to this photo as I think it is incredible! (spelling?) Not sure anyone cannot see the faces in the pic... I have counted four after examing it in length in photoshop. BUT... Can anyone else see the dragon face, directly next to her shoulder on the LEFT hand side of the photo... I am looking at it, in the day time, at work, not hallucinating, and I see it everytime, almost looks just like Valcum (whats his name again?) from the never ending story...
Bbrave (1 stories) (131 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-10)
I don't see anything unusual no translucent figure, no shadow on your hair, no face in the rock nothing
PandaBear (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-08)
I'm irish, (from galway) and I have heard of this ring but I'v never been there myself I would love to go there some time:) I loved your story and thought it was very interesting:) Thanks for posting. I would like to ask moonandstars to post that picture of her friend with the white hand:) Is that ok:) I'd love to see it:)) ) Thanks:) ❤ ❤ ❤
pandora0791 (2 stories) (38 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-07)
I can kind of see what your describing BUT what I do see is a face directly below your right hand, about and inch down (from the pictures prospective) in that one rock, an almost profile face... To the left of the rock.

That's creepy!

As you look at the picture it is in bottom left hand side of photo on the left side of a rock.
louisem3471 (1 stories) (15 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-21)
i live in ireland, I'm from dublin myself... I have seen this ring your talking of and there is one were I live. In our local library there are also several pictures and the images are very similar to yours... So I do believe your pic is real... And its a great pic too,, well done. There is also a nuns ring were 5 nuns were hung over 2 hundred years ago for practicing witch-craft.and late at night you can hear them singing. Some have claimed to see them dancing around the tree...
Ace45 (17 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-12)
It does look like the fae that is an amazing catch the little people are usually good luck. The Fae is actually where the leprechaun myth came from
I_Am_SPECTRA (1 stories) (44 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-12)
Thats very interesting. It almost looks like a physical object. You can sort of see its shadow on your hair. Maybe your late Irish boyfriend wanted to be in the photo with you. 😊
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-01)
I see a face just above your right elbow, although it may be just an optical illusion.
Boldylocks (13 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-14)
I can see a traslucent figure-- very thin with thin arms resting his hands on the top of your head. You can even see the least transparent part of his hands covering your hair. Someone was definitely there.
GhostBeliver1234 (29 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-07-30)
Nope couldn't find anything paranormal, ghostly and scary on the picture but if that's you, you look good there 😁 😕 😕
KoltenAspen (39 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-16)
well as I looked at the photo again I see a ghost faerie ect... On your head and I looks like a ugly looking head with a hand
KoltenAspen (39 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-16)
really scary I'm a bit scared to even move in my chair just in case somethings behind me
Staris (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-16)
Hi! Awesome pic- I actually see a lot going on in the that picture. I see several "female" type forms with 'flowing' type gowns. Even some "mist" from the most prominent form's gown in the top of your hair. I capture spirits on my digital a lot, and am pretty good at spotting them. The "shadow" is actually a rock or indentation in the hill, but "they" are using it to help complete a manifested look. (They can do that). It has become the "face" of the most prominent "form" in the photo. The darker part around the edges is her hairline, and her "invisible" hair flows out behind her head (the shadow-her face). I see her shoulders and her two arms outstretched in front of her. There is definitely a lot of "spirit stuff" around and above you. Especially at the top of your head. If you put the picture up on your computer screen and make it a little larger, you'd probably spot a lot more! Very interesting... 😁
laniparis (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-04)
Wow, that's all I can say...

Thank you for sharing this with us all

Laniparis
moonandstars1542 (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-16)
That has happened to me, too, before. My friend and I were at the beach with our boyfriends, and we decided to take a close up picture of our faces beside eachother. When we looked at the pics on my friend's camera, we saw a glowing white hand on my boyfriend's shoulder, and a face right beside her boyfriends'. This really creeped us out.
Vikki (4 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-12)
At first I thought too that it was just part of your hair, since it's dark. But then I followed the hair shape from the other side and noticed this little grey figure attatching itself to your head, I can make out a head and an arm but it's not clear enough to really be sure it's not just a curl or the wind blowing it (it is VERY windy in the UK and Ireland).
AussieRedDog (25 stories) (82 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-18)
Oh my God, that's really spooky. I know where exactly where the Burrens are for being there myself and thought it was a strange place. Did you by change sat in the Ring? If you did, well, I have to say but you shouldn't have. I studied the Celtic myths and fairy tales before I went there and learnt the ancient ways. I lucky enough to actually knew people who were into the old Celtic magic, strange people but it's a strane old world, isn't it? Strange photo.
shaishav34 (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-05)
It seems there is something like in the Predator movie, behind you! Did you feel the touch of it?
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-16)
it could be a cloth or something in your hair but it also looks like a eye.

Thanks for sharing your picture. Its interesting.
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-08-30)
I can see behind you a face with a lid and eye, and if you took your hand and moved it stright forward the mouth of the face you would touch.
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-23)
Hi I read your story and also looked at the picture, and it does actually look like something is on your head and also like someone posted the grass does look swirly, thanks for sharing your story and the picture. 😊
lilblackpom (13 stories) (218 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-11)
Its me again. Taking more detailed looks at this picture, I also see the same little heads around you coming out of the grass. This is weird.
lilblackpom (13 stories) (218 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-11)
Hi jerseygirl. Upon reading ghoststories from Ireland (being part Irish myself) I came upon your story and the picture. I can see what looks like a little head and face, an arm on the side and a little leg dangling down the right side of your head. If this actually is a fairie (or gnome) it is kind of ugly as they say. Thanks for the picture and your story. Take care of yourself.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: