You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: A Picture From The Future

Real Ghost Stories

A Picture From The Future

 

This is not a ghost story, but one that is impossible for me to explain.

It started many years ago in London, England. It was a snapshot from a dream that I had as a child. Most people have little or no memory before the age of four, and I left London at the age of exactly eight and a half. So it happened some time during those few years. I remember nothing of the dream at all, except a picture of a tall narrow hallway in a building, with bright sunlight coming in from windows on the left. It was warm light, and there were colours of red, yellow and blue. It was a two storey hallway, with a walkway on the upper level, where people were walking, as they were on the lower level too.

I should add here that I lived in London in those drab post-war years. Not a particularly pleasant place visually. Lots of damaged buildings, mixed with piles of rubble and bricks. And rationed food, which of course is beside the point. Any reader that was there at the time would know exactly what it was like. It was a gloomy place, and there were certainly no new buildings or brightly coloured interiors.

I don't know how many readers recall childhood dreams, but I for one cannot recall most dreams for much more than a few minutes. One or two have stayed with me for an hour or two, but after that they are gone forever. This childhood dream however, has stayed with me for my whole life, and that may have been in part because the picture from it that I remember was completely out of sync with anything that I had ever seen.

I left England many years later and began a new life in Canada, and as I lived my life I periodically thought about that picture from the dream, half expecting to encounter it in real life. I have since traveled in France, the U.S., Canada and the U.K., but no luck seeing anything that even resembled the image from the dream. That changed suddenly a few years ago. I was teaching at a college in Toronto. Quite a new college, probably built forty years previously. There seemed to be new buildings and extensions being added all the time, and I was always casually on the lookout for my picture to reappear. It finally did, in a new wing that I was assigned to teach in. It wasn't close to the dream picture, it was exactly the same. There are always students and teachers walking to an fro on both levels, with the sunlight coming in from the two-storey windows on the left. The bright coloured light that I remember from the dream came from the daylight being filtered through translucent decals on the windows.

I no longer teach there, but I was on campus a few days ago, and in that wing. Nothing has changed. Still just like the dream.

Other hauntings by Limey

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Limey, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Gh0st_Knight (5 stories) (11 posts)
 
3 years ago (2021-01-17)
I too experienced this recently, I had a dream of a painting with lovers kissing posted on instagram. When I looked at the art account to check it, I couldn't find it, I was confused. Months later I seen the painting that was posted by the artist after we had a falling out, even the comments were the same from the dream. She recently went into a relationship and painted the pic of her and her boyfriend. I feel it is destiny to see these things and have deja vu with them. I was told to pay attention to them, eventually the lovers broke up and I would later fall in love with this woman.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-07-16)
S.W.S,
Thank you for the ego boost I probably do need one right now, two of my work college's said "I'm not right in the head"" and another whispered ""he's a sandwich short of a picnic basket"" 😆

Cheers mate, perhaps in the after life, once I'm finish haunting my bank manager and a few others on my bucket list we can hang out little and talk about the old days yapping on YGS, haha

Limey, apologies for this response on your wall, compliments are as rare as a blue moon these days... When you're over 50, you take anything on offer run with it and not look back,lol!
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+2
4 years ago (2020-07-15)
Hello Limey,

This doesn't relate to your post, however, I thought I'd ask how you and your family and friends are. It was just on the news that the total of Covid19 cases in the UK has exceeded over 45,000. That's terrible. Thoughts go out to you and your loved ones.

AussieDaz,

You are one intelligent, interesting, and humourous guy. I can't help but love all your post and comments. I could read your material for hours, days and weeks. I learn so much from your words.

A case of beer eh?
🍻🥂 Well if I win a million my dear fellow Australian, I would definitely share.

😘
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-07-05)
Limey,

"I've thought about this dream many times, and continue to do so. To me, seeing future events in dreams can mean only one thing; our lives are mapped out from day one. How else can the act of seeing these events be explained?"

Yes, Albert Einstein hypothesised that time is an illusion the past, present and future are all concurrent. The variable? Our future is a probabilistic one of which we can change by our choices. When we are asleep we can subconsciously move around the field of consciousness and see some of these probabilistic futures usually the one we need to take.

I would say your life is on course, finding yourself on the road to what you dreamt all those years ago.

S.W.S

I do play the lottery from time to time however I have no wish to cheat my destiny by dreaming them up lol. It took me a long time to understand that (Karma)

Good luck to you though, I hope you win a million... Send me a case of beer!

Cheers!
Limey (3 stories) (33 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-07-05)
Thanks to each of you for your comments.

I've thought about this dream many times, and continue to do so. To me, seeing future events in dreams can mean only one thing; our lives are mapped out from day one. How else can the act of seeing these events be explained? Or at least it could be argued that the people that have the dreams are the few that happen to have a glimpse of their futures, by accident or by design. Unlike those of us that have seen ghosts however, the dreamers never have the benefit of a witness. I have had another dream since this very early one in which I also looked over the fence so to speak; but this time it was so traumatic that I felt the need to make a note of it, and the date. I'll write it down.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-07-05)
I know exactly what you mean - except my experience happened in reverse; I dreamed I was in the actual place then later while awake saw the photograph that matched exactly - rather "predicting" a past I had no way of knowing than the future. I wrote of it in my story "Coming to Say Goodbye" (https://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=23168).
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+3
4 years ago (2020-07-05)
Hello Limey,

Wow, you predicted your future. That's amazing.
Thank you for sharing your post. I enjoyed reading it.

AussieDaz,

I'd love some Lotto numbers from you. Lol🤔
I will definitely go straight to the newsagents and buy a ticket. 😉

SWS 😘
VeronicaMarie (5 stories) (106 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-07-05)
aussiedaz, not to deflect from the original topic, but I really am fascinated by what seems to be a psychic ability that you have. I see that you have some stories here, and am looking forward to reading them.
Alina5 (3 stories) (136 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-07-05)
Hello Limey,

This narrative is going straight to one of my favorites. I've always been fascinated by such events capable of defying the rules of time. I've a similar experience but not exactly same which I am planning to post in a while.

For you to remember a dream from the childhood is an evidence that it was indeed a significant one which stood out from the rest.

Amazing one! Thanks for sharing.

Peace
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+8
4 years ago (2020-07-05)
Hi Limey,

In 2015 just before I travelled to las Vegas from Australia and caught up with an old friend from here on YGS I had this powerful life like lucid dream I was at the Grand Cannon looking down into it... I was memorised by the beautiful mountain colours to see this flowing creek at the bottom of it. I could even feel the wind so life like was this dream.

When we arrived in Vegas a few days later we went to visit the grand cannon it took me a little while to find it... However when I did, I knew it was the vision from my dream with out a doubt, so I can relate to your own feeling of knowing what you dreamt all those years ago is what you'd experienced.

In my youth, premonitions and precognition's were almost a daily event... I would go to bed at night and somewhere in the next day my dream would show itself, however long term precognition's are a little more rare.

My account in the Cannon was about 3 months in the making.

I do have a theory that I have probably written here a dozen times over, anyway, thank you for sharing your story,btw... I once dreamt the lottery numbers but never put a ticket in and they came out. Lol

Regards Daz
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-07-05)
Welcome to YGS.

Your experience is very unique and interesting.
I guess "The Simpsons" are not the only ones who can predict some events that will happen in the future.

Thanks for sharing.
VeronicaMarie (5 stories) (106 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-07-04)
Hi, Limey...

What an amazing story. I can't even imagine how blown away you were when you saw the exact same scene. I am gobsmacked. For so many years you just knew that one day you would see your dream. It seems really significant somehow, and hopefully someone here has an idea of what it might mean. Thanks for sharing such a fantastic experience.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: