You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: That One Night : I'm Always With You

Real Ghost Stories

That One Night : I'm Always With You

 

I know that this is not a very scary story, but I think it's very good. It's a true story. I hope that he forgives me for sharing my story with you all. Well, I think he understands.

Ever since my beloved grandfather past away, I couldn't get a hold of myself for weeks. He was the one who loved my the most and cared for me the most because I was his favorite grandchild. I miss him so much. I almost gotten over him until it happened to me.

My grandfather died on my grandmother's anniversary of her death. So you can say that he had waited until that day and then die peacefully. My mother said that it was a miracle that my grandfather died at the same day as my grandmother and that they must've love each other so much that on the day he died, my grandmother was there to take him away. Just thinking about this makes me want to cry.

I know this is a long time, but it's true. Five months had past and I have almost forgotten all about my grandfather. Just almost.

It was a late night and I couldn't sleep. So I stayed up later than I should chatting on the internet. Just when I turned out the light, I saw a shadow. I looked behind me. There was no one. I thought that it was probably just my imagination. So I eventually turned out the light. I lay there on my bed thinking what I should wear tomorrow for school now that I have a boyfriend. I was about to fall asleep when I hear someone calling me. I sat up on my bed. I looked around. I slip back on my back and try to fall asleep. And again. I hear my named being called. I looked at my bedroom door. I went to open the door wondering that the call was from outside. No one. I closed the door and there it is! Sitting on the chair. I was so afraid to look at it that I ran to my bed and cover myself. Then when it sounds like no one was there, I took a peek. No one was there. And then I fell a gust of wind blew past me that messed up my table filled with papers.

The next day I woke up, I had to clean and reorganized my papers. Then I noticed that grandfather's picture was on the chair. When I thought about it, he sat where grandfather always sit to tell me stories. And right then, I noticed that that was grandfather. It's like he wants me to remember that he's always with me.

So now, still, I still know that miracles can happen. (although it did scare me to death when I saw that figure sitting there staring at me: that black shadow was my grandfather)

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sweet_lonli, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

newport3783 (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-02)
that was very sweet... I'm sure because you were staring to forget him he wanted to remind you how much he loves you still and even though he's not able to hold you anymore his presence makes sure you know so...
akatsukiconcubine (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-04)

Beautiful. I have had an experience like that only I was two and it was my maternal great grandmother.
Releeshan (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-03)
He will always be with you, and didn't mean to scare you, event a new spirit has things to learn:).
You can talk out aloud to him anytime the best time for this is after 10pm.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-03)
Isn't it amazing how our loved ones find ways to show us the love and care they have for us even after they pass on? Your grand father wanted you to know that although he has began his other journey, the permanent one of peace, he loves you still and will be waiting for you when it is your turn.

It was a beautiful story and a wonderful tribute to a wonderful grand father!

God Bless!
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-03)
Hi lonli and thank you for sharing a very intimate moment of your life with us.

I,too, believe that your granddad was the one who visited you. I suppose he never had the chance to say goodbye and, even more, reassure you that he will be around to protect you. He placed that photograph on HIS chair to make his presence known but also to tell you that he wants you to remember him.

I think you should be happy that he's with his beloved wife in a better world and that some day in a very-very long time, you will see them again.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: