You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Whispers In The Dark

Real Ghost Stories

Whispers In The Dark

 

About two weeks ago, my sister and I were watching television. The lights went out due to a thunder storm that had been going for about a half hour. Par for the course, I dug out some candles and my copy of Risk. About 15 minutes through the game, my sister started acting weird, cocking her head and glancing around, as if she was hearing things. She asked me if "You hear that...?" I said no; what was she talking about?

She said she was hearing whispers, funny wind noises, and clothes moving.And then, she shuddered and screamed, very, very loudly, stood up, and ran into the bathroom.

I went to the bathroom to try and console her, but I didn't feel right, and went to the sink in the kitchen adjacent to the bathroom and living room and threw up.

I also heard my sister vomiting as well, and then the lights turned back on. We stayed in the kitchen, lights on and we stayed there until my dad came back from the work, and I told him I think we got food poisoning from the steak we ate earlier.

I talked to my sister about this the next day, and she said she couldn't understand what the voices were saying.

Around noon today (two weeks later), she said she heard the noises again, but nothings happened yet, luckily.

I'm still convinced there's a logical explanation, so if anyone can think of one, please tell me.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SovietRazor, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

rebeccad (13 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-18)
This is weird because the vomitting thing happened to me and my sister back in 1997. My friend had just rolled me a doobie and left, I hit it a couple of times while I was on the couch and my sister was on the floor watching tv. All of a sudden she started asking me "Are you okay? Becky what's wrong?" I kept telling her everything was fine, because it was. I then went to go to the bathroom. While on the toilet, I suddenly got very sick all over the floor. After I cleaned it up, I went back to the living room and my sister was crying and all over the tv there was vomit. I asked her what happened and she said when I went to the bathroom that she all of a sudden felt sick and threw up all over the tv.
JohorMsia (16 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-10)
Hmmm. It is hard to figure out from my point of view. Nevertheless, I suggest you do a check on the Jewish girl. Perhaps she has something to do with it.

For the toy, I suggest that you should leave it where you found it.

And if still the voices kept occuring, brainstorm with your sister to come up with a reason why is this happenning.

For the last resort, if you can't pass your day and night in peace, bring this subject up to your parents and suggest to them to seek or consult a spiritual advisor/medium/priest depends on which favours you most.
SovietRazor (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-10)
All my friends are Christians (One Catholic, Protestant, and two Evangelicals) or Buddhists, so I doubt they're using any black magic.
However, I found out the house was built by German Neo-Nazis 50 years ago, and that a Jewish girl of about 9-10 and her brother disappeared around here around the time they finished it.
As for personal items, I found a toy car in the garden from around 1940, but that was four years ago, long before the nightmares started.
JohorMsia (16 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-10)
Hi, have you or any of your family members ever offended anybody especially a girl and this girl happened to pass away? Do a check on that.

And if you have any friends who inclines towards witchcraft/black magic or a friend who has a friend of that nature? Also do a check on that.

If so, from now on, do not eat any food given to you by your friends or accept any peculiar gift such as an amulet/ring/pendant/jade/doll/statue etc by any friend. Mark out who is constantly giving you food pretentiously and giving you such peculiar gift.

And do a thorough check in your house for any peculiar item which could be planted by a person you know or frequented to your house. If you found the item, smash it with a hammer or burn it if it is made of combustible material.

If you have narrowed down the person who gives you food or something to eat, remember NEVER to eat the food. Be wary of him/her. Perhaps an attack of revenge or envy is on you or your sister.

If no peculiar item found and no one giving you food, then do a check on your sister if she have ever offended a girl who is living at that time and now passed away.

If no, do a check on the house's history. See if the previous onwer has a daughter.
If yes, check if any of her belongings you or your sister are using maybe a closet/chair/doll/personal item etc. If you found any personal item of the previous owner, if possible leave it alone don't touch it or don't use it if it is a closet.

If that doesn't cease the nightmares, bury the personal item.

Sorry, no logical explanation here.
ghostgal2008 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-09)
KimSouthOis right. Never use an ouija board because if it falls into the wrong hands it can open portals. Portals which shouldn't be opened!
SovietRazor (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-09)
Well, today when I woke up I thought I saw some people standing over my bed, but I could have just been sleepy. 😕
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-09)
Be very careful if and when you try to communicatte with 'it'. Sometimes, we get what we wish for and it isn't what we expected or wnated or needed AT ALL!

NEVER, NEVER ouijia boards! I have yet to hear of a ouijia board experience that went positive.

Are you still having occurances?

God Bless!
Axl_the_Hunter (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-09)
Hm...you both threw up. The spirts may have been trying to take you both over, possibly there may be more then one of them. Spirts make their victoms (when trying to posses them) feel ill and there body gives in, but some fight it off you two may have fended it off.
ghostgal2008 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-09)
Maybe you should try communicating with the ghost. You could say I know your not here to hurt me but you scare me sometimes can you please stop it!
SovietRazor (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-08)
That wouldn't fly with my dad, he's very wary about Ouji boards, mediums, seances, etc, so I'm kind of stuck.
ghostgal2008 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-08)
I still think you should call a clairvoyant or a medium to come and investigate your house and maybe they can try to communicate to the ghost through your younger sister.
SovietRazor (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-08)
I live on the other side of town from all the energy generator's and the main conductors, so I doubt if that's the case.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-08)
I have read about high levels of electromagnetic energy causing people to hallucinate and get physically ill. Maybe the storm set this theory in motion. If voices were being heard other times than during a storm than I would have to ask if you live by any electrical towers or power stations. If this is not the case then maybe your sister is sensitive and is picking up on activity.
There is also the theory that spirits draw energy from the living when trying to manifest, leaving that person feeling drained or sick. Others feel paranoid or uneasy or sad but they don't feel sick. Maybe it has to do with the level to which the spirit is trying to manifest itself or just wanting to draw attention. Like I said this part is theory.
SovietRazor (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-07)
Although...
I just thought of this now. For about a year I've been having a recurring nightmare about a female presence, something really, really, negative and angry. In my nightmare, I'll be doing something normal, like washing dishes, watching tv, drawing, kicking around a soccer ball, whatever, when a girl, or woman, I can't tell appears, stares at me... And then everything goes really dark and I wake up.
Could this be connected or is my subconscious telling me something?
SovietRazor (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-07)
No, that's not my drawing, I just like Frederick Barbarossa.
I will post some original art later, tho.
My sister is nine years old, and she says she hears things all over the house, especially in my room, the second bathroom, and the staircase to the attic.
Personally, I haven't heard anything, but that's just me.
ghostgal2008 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-07)
Wow,thats pretty scary! I agree with Sabrina12993 it couldn't have been food poisening it had to be whatever the ghost was whispering. Perhaps you should call some spiritual person like a medium or a clairvoyant and get them to come and investigate your house. Maybe even try talking to the ghost and asking it what it wants or why is it whispering and maybe you can find out what's wrong and help it pass to the other side.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-07)
Hi SovietRazor and thanks for submitting your experience.

From your description of the events that took place that night, I cannot, for sure, say if there was, indeed, anything supernatural happening. You, yourself said, it could have been food poisoning but that's just a speculation.

What I would like to know is whether you have ever heard any of the alleged voices or observed anything out of the ordinary.

Also, it would be useful if you ask your sister to describe all her strange experiences in your house. Maybe her persistence to have you writing your story on this site has a deeper meaning.

By the way, reading your profile, I came across your drawing. It is yours, isn't it? Well, it's an amazing talent you got there!
Biemaster (7 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-07)
Hey SovietRazor!

I don't think you and your sister got food poisining. I think that whatever the entity was, it was making you sick or something. The wierd part is that only your sister heard the noises but not you. How many years old is your sister? I agree with Sabrina that Ghosts do tend to communicate with small children more because they are more easliy (sorry to say this) fooled or vulnerable. If your sister hears the noises again at a particular spot, then tell her to keep a tape recorder ready so the noises can be caught and shown to someone. If anything more happens, please don't hesitate to tell us!
Biemaster
SovietRazor (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-06)
Yes, my sister is younger than I, but only by five years.
Also, my uncle is a minister, so I talked to him about it, and he said he'll come check it out.
Sabrina12993 (2 stories) (56 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-06)
Whatever was whispering was definetly making you both sick.
I would probably consider getting the house blessed.
Your sister probably hears the whispering because she has a gift, she can hear ghosts... Now on the other hand you may not.
These are just some of my conclusions.
Is your sister younger than you?
Ghosts tend to prey on children cause they are more vunerable.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: