You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Dad, What Are You Doing In My Room?

Real Ghost Stories

Dad, What Are You Doing In My Room?

 

Some strange things have been going on in my house. It all started one day, about a year ago. This was back when both me and my sister were still in high school.

My mom usually gets home from work at about eight thirty in the morning. On this particular day she was late, so my sister and I were already at school. As she was walking into the house, through the garage, she heard the dial-up sound from our computer. For my internet, you have to click on light link on the desktop and then click on the dial button. So, my mother figured that one of us had stayed home. When she looked all around the house, no one was there and the computer was on the internet. This has happened about five times since then, and one of the times I was sitting right across the room.

Yeah, now that was strange but this is even weirder. One day, about a month ago, I was sitting at the computer. My whole family was home, my dad, my mom, and my sister. When I looked down to the end of the hallway, near my parents' room, I saw my dad standing there. After standing there for about a minute, he turned and walked into my room, which is diagonal from theirs.

Being a teenage girl, I got up and ran to my room, getting ready to yell at my dad for being in there. When I got to my room and looked around no one was in there.

Immediately, I went into my sister's room, which is across from mine, and looked for him in there. Nope, nowhere to be found. So, trying to figure everything out, I went into my parents' room. My mom was lying in bed and I asked her where dad was. She said that he had been in the shower for about ten minutes. As I walked further into their room, I heard the water running down.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Moosejuice16, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Casper_the_ghost (9 stories) (180 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-30)
Wow, something very similar happened to me a few months ago which also involved my dad whilst he was in another part of the house 😐. Thank you for sharing, very well-worded and exciting.
Moosejuice16 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-20)
Thank you all for your comments! I haven't had any experiences in the house for the past two years, granted I've been at college for the majority. Thank you all and I appreciate your input and advice!
MattM (20 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-11)
Sounds like you saw a doppleganger of your father. That's the best thing I can think of.
Chaos (1 stories) (21 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-15)
well the ghost could have taken the form of your father, not a entirely impossible explanation. Or yes the "doppelganger" i.e. Astral projection effect could have been used. I mean though in theory the host body or in this case your father his body would be as if it were sleeping for his spirit to leave the vessel. The fact that he was in the shower means that he could use astral projection though I don't know him and if he could use it I don't think that he would do it just to mess with you but as I said I don't know him. Though that is the most reasonable sounding theory I could think of.
Jessica_Rabbit (2 stories) (15 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-14)
I wouldn't say that it was a doppleganger, persay, of course it could have been, but it is also true that it could have been a number of different things. One thing is for sure though, if it was going into your room, looking like your father, it was looking for you or you sister. Why else would it do that?

Love and Peace.

P.S. Boogoossttella124, most of the people on this website more than likely do not watch Naruto, and probably have no idea what you're talking about. If you read the guidelines, you'll notice that it says only mature stories will be accepted, meaning posted mostly by adults, and thus they probably do not watch Adult Swim on Cartoon Network on Saturday at like 3 in the morning.:)
Francois (220 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-20)
Dear Moosejuice16,

After reading your story and everyone else's comments, I do agree that you saw a doppelganger. I consider these types of hauntings quite unique since I only seldom hear of them. Nothing bad to worry about, I believe.

Thank you for sharing your story with us. God bless you and take care.

Sincerely,

Francois
Shestoscary (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-03)
You saw your dad's ghost. Wow! That almost proves recarnation! (sorry if I spelt it wrong, I'm in a rush!)
boogoosttella124 (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-24)
A doppleganger is from naruto. But all it is is your clone that you can produce using your energy. And you sort off control thme. Who knows if there event real or not.
Moosejuice16 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-24)
thanks everyone... I actually have heard of dopplegangers but nothing bad has happened yet... Thanks though for everything from everyone
Rebelboy1987 (9 stories) (186 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-23)
Thats very strange. I have no clue what "dopplegangers" are so I won't offer any advice on that. I agree with the others though, as I have heard many people say that a ghost has taken the form of a loved one. I know demons can do this, and it is usually to trick someone. I only see it as a practical joke, but it could be something more serious. Good luck with that and thank you for sharing.

Trent
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-23)
I agree with Ohiowatha, You really cannot say that it was that. I once read that some ghosts precede a living person and is seen performing their actions in advance. Their might be something else in your home and is starting to try to comunicate with you and by using something that is close to you like your dad. There are many different options of what it could be. I wouldn't pin point and say it's his "doppleganger"
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-23)
I'd be wary of ascribing any sort of label to the type of thing you encountered. I suppose this could have been said "doppleganger," or whatnot, or it could have been any number of other things: in your head, demon, angel, manifestation of myriad things--we just don't know.

Confidently categorizing an encounter like this is like rattling off "facts" about aliens--the truth is we just don't know.

So, in the end, it is impossible to say what it was you encountered. But in the future, try to just focus objectively on the facts and not what you "think" you know.
Carrotred (35 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-23)
I believe some demons can take the form of Humans some times. I'm no expert however. Never heard of a "doppleganger" before 😕

All the best - Carrotred
fizzypulp (2 stories) (35 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-23)
Try not to worry too much if it was a doppleganger.
I believe I saw the doppleganger of my mum about 10/11 years ago and nothing bad has happened to her.
She did divorce from my add a couple of years later but this was on the card to happen anyway.
It might be best to research for own piece of mind and maybe protect yourself and your family if it would make you feel better.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-23)
I hate these kinds of stories. NO NO NO. I don't mean I hate this story I honeslty liked it very much. Its just that I hate Doopelgangers. I know very little of them but they for sure are scary. Thanks for sharring this story with us. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-23)
A doppelganger Unknown is a double of a living person who seems to be some kind of an omen for things to come or a negative spirit of some sort. I don't know more than this but you can seek more info in wikipedia if you wish.
TheUnknown (1 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-23)
Yep,rhodes68 is right, your father has a doppleganger with him, although I personally don't know what it is.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-23)
Sounds like your dad has a doppelganger. Have you had any other strange occurrences at home?

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: