You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Black Figure Sitting In The Room

Real Ghost Stories

Black Figure Sitting In The Room

 

This experience didn't happen to me, but it occurred while I was around. This happened probably around the mid 90's, my parents, me, and my brothers and sister went to Mexico to visit my father's parents. Note: this happened to my older brother.

It was a small town or village, in Mexico, I don't know, called Guanajuato or something pronounced that way. Well, my grandparents allowed us to sleep in my aunt's old bedroom while they slept in this tiny room in the porch.

My brother recalls, waking up in the middle of the night and there was a black figure sitting in this rocking chair. We slept on the bed together my brothers and me, and my brother told me that he was scared senseless. The black figure sat there, he described it, with hand on chin, just staring in to the darkness on my grandma's old rocking chair.

He then called out to the figure "hey "and it just turned to him quickly and all he could do was close his eyes and hope it would go away. He was seriously scared. Then he opened his eyes again and looked around the room and the figure was gone seconds after he witnessed it. Just gone. With no noise. No doors opening, no footsteps. It just vanished. He still gets chills whenever he speaks about it.

When I get the chance I talk to him about the black figure in the shadow sitting on my grandma's rocking chair, starring into the nothing, and ask him, maybe it was this, and maybe it was that? Grandma happened to walk in the room or grandpa was just checking on us maybe. He continues to deny it.

I still believe him, and I feel saddened for him experiencing that and all because everyone denies his belief, but me. He asked my grandma and grandpa, and my dad about it and I think they have yet to witness a figure sitting in the shadow. It still gives me creeps just thinking about it.

Other hauntings by fallingcolors

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, fallingcolors, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-01)
Hi fyingcolours. I enjoyed reading your story. Thank you for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
fallingcolors (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-28)
this comment is for cash98, my aunt isn't deceased. She was sleeping in my other aunts room. She let my mom, dad, and brothers and sisters sleep in her room cause it was the biggest room in the house. I'm not sure if anyone died in the house although it is really old. And that Mexico is known for its haunts and superstitions. And it was around 3 or 4-ish, no one was awake.
cash98 (19 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-28)
it was maybe your Aunt because Didn't you say it was her old room? And 1 question, did she die, or is she still alive, because if she died it was her
reneespring (148 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-27)
Sometimes people have hallucinations when they first wake up, cause the brain is sometimes still dreaming even after you open your eyes. The figure vanished quickly. If it was not a dream, it would've stayed even after he reclosed his eyes tightly & opened them again. There's a scientific name for this, I think it starts with an *h*...
Hunters (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-27)
Dear fallingcolors,
That is eerie, maybe it was something that happened in that house a long time ago. Got four words for you, look up the house. You can get the history of it and if you can't just ask your grandparents.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: