You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Phantom Footsteps

Real Ghost Stories

Phantom Footsteps

 

On June 23, 2008 I was working at the entrance to the Nevada City Open Air Museum in Nevada City, Montana. I am a tour guide with the Montana Heritage Commission and was taking tickets and giving information that day for the museum.

It was around 5:30 in the afternoon and I was sitting in the booth reading a book. It was pretty slow, not too many people had come through, which is typical late in the day. As I was reading, I heard someone coming toward me on the boardwalk, from inside the museum.

I put my book down to greet them when they came out. No one appeared, so I leaned over the booth to see if I could see who was there, and I didn't see anyone. I was curious, so I got up and checked the first three buildings in the museum. I found no one, so I went back to the booth a little bit mystified. Just as I began reading again, the footsteps returned, and walked right past me in front of the booth I was sitting in.

The footsteps started at the entrance/exit of the museum and stopped right at the step going up into the Music Hall. There was no body associated with these steps, just disembodied footsteps. I was a bit spooked, but not scared, since I'd heard from our curator that the same incident happened to him a few years back, but only he had been followed by the footsteps, I only experienced them walking past me at the entrance to the museum.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, melvin, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-01)
Hi Melvin and welcome. I indeed liked reading. It was simple and well written. Like Frawin said that these stories are true because some like to add things but this indeed was a great story. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Adventure_Ms_Aqua (10 stories) (71 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-29)
Wow! Nice story! A pleasant visit from your old curator there. 😉

Liked the story: short, sweet... (Ok, not really sweet, but spooked), and simple. Haha. 😜
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-29)
A story that borders on boredom- a typical true ghost story that I love to hear. Thank you Melvin for sharing it with us, it was like a breath of fresh air 😁.

FRAWIN 😊
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-27)
That is indeed a very good story-one which was a pleasure to read!

Thanks for sharing it with us melvin 😊
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-27)
Hi melvin. Thanks for sharing your experience. Your story was simple, straight forward and, I believe, told with complete honesty. I thank you for that as well. I really enjoyed reading about your phantom customers - the museum must be great, (yes, I'm going to say it), people are just dying to get in😳.Sorry, it begged to be said😉.Well, all silliness aside, I enjoyed your story tremendously. Not just interesting, but to top it off, it was really well written. I have to put this story into my favorites.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: