You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: The Blob In The Apartment

Real Ghost Stories

The Blob In The Apartment

 

I spent yesterday night (25.06.08) at my friend's sister's apartment cause he has "Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Wii". When we arrived at Elle's (not her name) she told me that I may see something but not to be scared. I looked at her like "what the heck is she talking about?"

So as we were walking up to her apartment room, I was whispering to my friend asking "what did your sister mean? Is this place haunted?"

My friend, without any emotion, no fear like the haunting was absolutely nothing, answered with a plain "Yep".

My reaction was fear at first obviously and replied with an "oh..."

Well I was feeling terrified cause this was going to be the first time I've ever come in contact with a spirit close up. I didn't know what to do if I were to wake up in the middle of the night to see a face in front of me.

We went into the apartment and the first thing everyone did was get changed. I however was alone in the living room and kept turning around, thinking to myself, "oh my god, how long does it take to get changed?" since I was feeling scared.

Anyways, Elle came out and asked what I would like for dinner, I didn't mind, I told her it was up to her. She insisted on me to pick tonight's menu as I was the guest (I sort of have a crush on her, she's pretty hot!) so blushing, I said in a soft voice "err... how about pasta?" (I couldn't think of any other food) She agreed and asked what type? I said "Carbonara" (yummy).

So I went to the living room which was just right in front of the kitchen and was conversing with her while she was cooking and while I was watching "big brother". It was around 7:25pm when we heard a thump (If you guys were wondering where my friend is he's in the shower). Of course my body went stiff and I looked around, "It's heeeere!" Elle said in an eerie voice. I jumped up and ran to the kitchen looking around the living room area."Everywhere?" I said quivering next to her.

She laughed and said "well it's not just going to show itself, it'll show when you least expect it". Well after hearing that I decided that I wanted to go home. She told me the ghost is harmless and it's not going to frighten you and to trust her.

So after this, my friend came out of the shower and said "did you see it?" I said "no". Dinner was finally cooked and we were sitting on the couch watching "Rules of engagement". We heard another bang and the water turning on in the bathroom, I jumped up off the couch and looked around, they both started laughing. I figured that this was a prank of some sort and laughed as well.

Elle went to the bathroom, and Daniel and I were still eating. I asked if the apartment was really haunted and he said yes. Elle came back and the lights started to flicker, I got so scared and went closer to Elle and that's when I saw it. It's wasn't in a human form or anything... just a blob. All it was doing was going from corner to corner on the ceiling. It seemed like every time it tried to come down, it went back up.

Elle said that it always does this and nothing else. It's the same pattern over and over again. I got out my phone to take a picture of it. Every time I took a picture it would be on the other corner, I could never get a shot of it. It started moving faster and Elle said that it's never done this before and to put the phone away.

Then, the lamp bulb exploded and all of us screamed. Elle quickly went to get some incense and lit the room, apologising to the spirit on my behalf. It slowed down and disappeared.

Everything was quiet and the TV was off (we didn't even turn it off)-we turned it back on and I was sitting there shocked.I said that I wanted to go home cause I knew I pissed it off and I didn't want to spend the night thinking what it will do to me while I was sleeping.

So Elle agreed and took me home.

I never got to play SSBB - Wii.

Other hauntings by ominousnyxx

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ominousnyxx, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Shadead (91 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-07-27)
Camera Shy blob, Kinda interesting wonder how mad it would get if you video'd it?

~Shadead.
Diyanuh (2 stories) (39 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-31)
did you score?

With the girl? Lol! 😆

Anyway, very good story. Creepy, too.
Thanks for sharing ^_^
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-24)
Hello ominousnyxx. FREAKY! I think that you probably would have only been sick in it's presence, not after you left though. And I'm 33 and I don't like Monday's or waking up early in the morning. Lol. As for the blob thing, I have had an experience with a black blob when I was about 26 years old. I was staying the night at my ex-boyfriend's mother's house. Me and my boyfriend at the time went to sleep and I fell asleep on my stomach, I'm a stomach sleeper. I was awakened by what felt like something picking me up from behind, underneath my arms (at my armpits). I woke up when this was happening, whirled around to see WTF! And all I can see is this huge, black blob floating above the bed! It was more like a big, black sheet floating in the air and the edges were fluttering around like a stingray would in water. When I whirled around it actually backed up to the end corner of the bed right were my boyfriend was. As I was trying to wake my boyfriend it eventually went away. I thought maybe that I may have had a waking dream but the next day my boyfriend and I were outside talking and smoking a cigarette and he asks me, "Did you see that in the bedroom last night?" He was like, "What was that?" Right then and there, I freaked even worse than when it happened to me because I knew that it actually happened and that "thing" was real. I mean, why was it trying to pick me up? What if I was not such a light sleeper and it carried me off some where? I mean I really felt violated! Anyway, I wonder why this blob you saw would get so mad about you taking it's picture. Maybe it was just showing off for you since you were a guest. You know, a form of entertainment.:) Thanks for sharing.

SHELBY ❤ 😊
ominousnyxx (10 stories) (136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-02)
As I said, this entity isn't evil, but if it did make me sick, I'm sure it was just to teach me a lesson.

Either way, when it appeared I did feel scared but not threatened. I haven't been to my friends apartment yet, since I live like 50 minutes or more away from him.

Anyways, this part has nothing to do with my story, but I was just told this by my brother in law.

Last night when he was about to fall asleep, he felt a rush, then later heat for like 30 seconds, he had his eyes closed but he could sense someone watching him and was next to him, then he could sense the image, a girl staring at him with her elbow on the bed and her hand on her face just gazing at him, he didn't open his eyes cause he didn't want to xD

Any thoughts? He didn't feel cold wind, or threatened.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-01)
That is a very scary story. The light bolb blowing up was the best part. I realy liked reading your story. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
josh_w (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-30)
the reason I said that about tv is because I didn't know your age at the time, and a lot of kids make stuff up about things they see on tv and stuff. And you said blob so I didn't know if you meant a orb or a "giant bug type creature" lol. I am sorry.
josh_w (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-30)
yeah what orbs are is energy, given off by a spirit. When they get enough energy they can fully manifest it is really unknown if they are trying to draw energy or just can't help it. But as for it drawing off your fear only demons get power from emotions. But some spirits get kicks out of scaring people but it doesn't make it more powerful it is just amusing to it. Or it is trying to get help with something. I highly recommend your friends get the place investigated by a REAL AND GOOD PARANORMAL RESEARCH TEAM! And go from there as for your feelings I just think it is because you are sick as you said. Usually spirit effect don't last that long unless it is around you everyday etc. And I know what you mean about Mondays I hate them to. Lol
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-30)
I think it was feeding on your fear. The others seemed to be ok with it while you were nervous (understandably so). I have heard of entities making people sick but that doesn't account for how you felt a week later unless you kind of had a relapse from the flu. Most ghost hunters would love to be a witness to that much activity. Some think orbs are no more than collective energy with no intelligence behind it. Others think they represent a spirit and this is the way it manifests other than say a full body apparition which seems to be difficult for a ghost to do. Would be interesting to have this place investigated. Maybe the people living there will give that some thought unless they are use to living with it and comfortable with it.
pinkroses (1 stories) (33 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-30)
This type of thing going from corner to corner on the ceiling is exactly what happened one Saturday morning to my sister and me. It was round in shape, small and black. Not to scare you anymore than you already are, but we felt it was evil. It was moving very fast also and lasted about two minutes and disappeared. I think there is a good chance that it made you sick also, although that is hard to prove. 😐
ominousnyxx (10 stories) (136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-29)
Thanks for the tip, I don't think this spirit is evil, it just got a little pissy cause I tried taking a photo of it when it clearly didn't want me to.

But I'm not feeling depressed or anything

I do however feel abit tired... I haven't had lunch, but that's cause I don't want to eat... It feels like when I eat I want to vomit. (but that's probably cause I'm sick = after all it is monday I'm 19 and I have to work mostly everyone under 30 is always pissy and tired on Mondays) 😆

Also I don't watch a lot of TV. If I do it would be an 1 hour of tv since Australian TV programs amd the way they broadcast tv shows are so Sh*t, there's nothing good to watch.

I do however spend most of my time playing on my computer or chatting on the net, but I don't see how that can really do anything.
josh_w (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-29)
ok I am going to believe you, I would usually say you watch to much tv but I got a weird feeling about the place. The blob you saw was it like light or kind of plasma like or was it like a giant slug. The lights flickering is the spirit drawing energy to manifest (show it's self) IF YOU COULD GO BACK TO THE APARTMENT AND JUST TAKE SOME RANDOM PICS OF THE PLACE WHERE YOU SAW IT AND ALL OF THE PLACES IT HAS APPEARED OR DID STUFF AND EMAIL OR MAIL THEM TO ME I COULD SEE IF I GET A FEEL OF A SPIRIT OFF OF THEM or your friends can set up cameras and tape recorders and try to catch stuff. And mail that to me (PLEASE MAKE SURE NOBODY IS IN THE PHOTOS PLEASE) IF YOU NEED MY MAILING ADDRESS YOU CAN REQUEST IT AT CLAYCOUNTYPARANORMALSOCIETY [at] YAHOO.COM

-GOD BLESS-
ominousnyxx (10 stories) (136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-29)
OK! Update: I'm at work at the moment, I'm a warranty administrator so I deal with a lot of data entry, filing, numbers & blah blah... I think I'm hallucinating! Seriously! I see the vehicles VIN number so clearly and look at the paper that is suppose be attached to that and the numbers a different, I then look at it again and it changes to the correct one! I AM SERIOUSLY FREAKING OUT!

I don't know if it's cause I'm sick but... I just hope I don't have any intense hallucinations.
ominousnyxx (10 stories) (136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-29)
I wanted to take picture to show you guys at least some proof.
I only tried taking it 4 times. =/ Then it got all psycho and threw a hissy fit. = ="

Would it be possible that a ghost can make you sick? Cause I got sick on friday.
(i've been sick since Friday the 13th - That's when I got the flu, got over it and on Friday 27. 05 got sick again) I cough uncontrollably at night when I'm about to go to sleep... How weird is that? When I'm awake I don't cough like I'm dying.

Response Rhode: That is a good question which I don't have the answer to, maybe it thought it wasn't photogenic? LOL. I have no idea.

Response Dukemanistan: The appearance was imperfect, misty yet looked solid, it was blackish, but not really black, I guess grey but a bit darker?

Response to everyone: Those of you who thought I wasn't scared, I was. I mean this was a non earthly being... I saw it up close! How often do you see something like that? The only reason why I didn't FREAK out was because I had people with me, obviously your fear is reduced when you're not alone.

Thanks for all the comments! I'd still go to Elle's place since my friend lives there.;P I'll make amends with it.
ghost_hunter997 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-28)
whoooooo somebody in love anyway the light bulb exploding is definetly a sign that this ghost is angry and wants you to leave

Well I hope you are fine

God bless 😊 ❤
spikess (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-28)
This reminds of slimer from ghostbusters for some reason. Not sure I'd even be brave enough to take a pic, I'd probably end up running out the front door screaming like a little girl...
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-28)
Actually the previous one was the penultimate question. This one is the ultimate: I don't understand why would an entity which tries so hard to gather the energy needed to manifest itself get angry because somebody finally noticed it.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-28)
Excuse me but if I was trying to photograph a blob that was clearly and unmistakably running away from me, I'd stop right there and then, turn and run the opposite direction.

How is it important how long he had been trying to capture it on film?

A final question: what exactly is an agitated blob?! Maybe the light bulb exploded due to the amount of energy this blob generated.
dukemanistan (3 stories) (34 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-28)
This blob, was it spherical or imperfect? What colour was it, did it appear to have any consistancy or be made of anything?

I certainly hope the incense appeased it, or that it doesn't hold your actions against your friends. I don't blame you for trying to get a picture but how long did you attempt to get the picture while it was clearly trying to avoid being photographed before it became more agitated?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: