You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghost Auntie

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Auntie

 

My story takes place in our family's first home in Caloocan when I was around 3 years old. It involves our townhouse resident white lady, and is actually a fairly wholesome haunting. Both my mom and my aunt remember this story.

I'll rewind back to when my parents were newly weds and had just moved in together into a recently-vacated townhouse unit. One of the neighbours came over to welcome my mom. Dad has lived in that townhouse complex with his family since he was a teenager, so I imagine it was a close-knit community. After some small talk, the neighbour mentioned that the previous tenant would always leave small offerings to the spirit that resides around our house. "Di naman nang-aano, pero mabuti siguro na ipagpatuloy mo nalang ang pag aalay (They aren't harmful, but it might be good if you continued to put out offerings)," the neighbour added. My mom figures there's no harm in doing so, having experienced the presence of entities throughout her life in her childhood home.

Three years have passed since then, and every day mom has left out some water and snacks/breakfast for our "ghost aunt". Mom assumed she really was around as I would sometimes be interacting with someone unseen. I would apparently laugh at something and stretch my arms out to "someone". I was never harmed though, so my parents let it be.

One afternoon, dad and I were playing in our front driveway close by some overgrown santan bushes. The driveway was shared by everyone at the townhouse so it was absurdly wide. Mom and one of my aunts who lived next door were standing just outside of our front door, chatting and watching us. Mom was pregnant with my younger sister then.

I guess my dad and I were starting to become very hyper and silly running around the driveway which caused my mom and aunt to laugh and giggle. While this was happening, mom noticed something in the santan bushes. She looked over and noticed a lady standing in the bushes smiling and looking at me and my dad. The lady then looked over at my mom, still smiling, and disappeared. Mom blinked a couple of times and quickly turned to my aunt who was already staring at the bushes.

"Nakita mo yon? (Did you see that?) " mom asked my aunt. My aunt was wide-eyed, and vigorously nodded her head. They both stood there in dumbfounded silence.

Other hauntings by en_chuu

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, en_chuu, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

mel8763 (1 stories) (19 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-03-14)
Hello, En_chuu. What a lovely story. I hope you have more to share in the future.
en_chuu (4 stories) (27 posts)
+5
4 years ago (2020-02-26)
Hi Socracy,

In our house she's the only one my parents have felt the presence of (I was too young to process anything I might have seen). However there are more spirits within the townhouse compound itself, particularly the one my aunt (the living one) lives in. We think this may be because her and my dad's other sisters had used an Ouija board when they were younger and had catalyzed the activity of spirits around their house in particular.

Thank you for reading!
Socracy5 (3 stories) (64 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-02-25)
Hi en_chuu,

It was overall a heart-warming tale. I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Just a quick question!. Does this spirit is the only residing in your house or are there many more?

Has she ever appeared before any other tenants?
Only curious tho:)

I really appreciated your family's positive response to such things which is quite uncommon in today's world of skepticism along with a fresh view of the paranormal world.

Looking forward to hear more from you:)


en_chuu (4 stories) (27 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-02-25)
Hi silver,

Yes, you're right. The medium has only seen the one spirit residing in our house.
en_chuu (4 stories) (27 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-02-25)
Hi Melda,

I'd love to read that story:) much appreciated if you'd link it here if you do ever come across it again.

It is common practice I think, proven that the spirit is friendly. I can't speak for most of the country unfortunately, as there are more stories about mischievous spirits than not. In my family though, we commonly leave out a feast on the Philippine Day of the Dead for the wandering and/or lost souls. We make sure to ask them to leave after having their fill and have had no issues with dark spirits afterwards.
en_chuu (4 stories) (27 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-02-25)
To expand on my reply to lady-glow about talking to my mom about this experience, she mentioned it had been a medium/guide that she had invited to come look at the house before moving in that told her about our "ghost aunt".

My parents are sensitive to spiritual energies, however they have a habit of having a place checked out by an expert before we move in anywhere.
en_chuu (4 stories) (27 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-02-25)
Hi Lady-glow,

Unfortunately not. I have only a couple memories I can still remember when I was 2-4 years old. Absolutely nothing from my infant years. I had talked to mom about this spirit last night to see if she can give me more details. I'd apparently seen her too, but had kept playing. Possibly because I see her so often and is just used to her being in the oddest places around our house lol.

Thanks for commenting!:)
silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-02-25)
I've remarked I the past that it is always eminently satisfying to receive visual justification of something that you have known was around for some time. I am guessing the lady you saw was your guest Auntie?
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+6
4 years ago (2020-02-22)
en_chuu - I'm sure the spirit lady was very grateful for the kind attention she received, which was probably one of the reasons for her friendliness.

I have read a few articles on people who leave food for spirits and there is one in particular on this forum which I wish I could refer you to. Unfortunately I can't remember the name of the author but I think he/she was also from the Phillipines. I'll see if I can find the story and if I do, I'll post the link.

Would I be correct to say that this happens quite often in your part of the world?

Regards, Melda
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-02-22)
Hello en_chuu,

I really like this story. I felt like I could see the woman smiling, in my mind.

Thank you for sharing this.

- Maria
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-02-21)
Hello en_chuu.

I like the way your mother kept on leaving offerings for the white lady instead of being afraid of her presence. It seems like she was not only a benevolent spirit but, perhaps, some sort of guardian.

Do you remember any of her interactions with baby-you?

I'm glad your family has a positive view and attitude towards spirits.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: