You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Sleeping Too Soundly

Real Ghost Stories

Sleeping Too Soundly

 

My name is Brita, and I am 15. The story I'm going to tell happened last year and it involved my sister. My mom believes in ghosts and demons and she also practices witch craft. She had a book on raising demons and stuff. My sister would have been seven years old. The book was dangerous and my mom always told us not to even pick it up to open it. I would sometimes sneak away and just look through it and try to say the words, but never anything else.

My mom always tells me that I have a lot of power, and over the years I noticed that I can see ghosts and connect to them. I have my own that hangs around just to watch over me. That's another story though. My sister Anna took the book and was drawing symbols out of it. Just one symbol though, she drew it on the walls, door, on her skin even. My mom found her with the book and freaked. She took it away and I haven't seen it since then. That night though, Anna was sleeping on the couch while my dad and I were downstairs also. My dad was sitting watching TV and I was standing in the kitchen.

There was a black mass sitting beside Anna, to me it looked like a man wearing a trench coat and a hat. You couldn't see his face, he was all black too. He was sitting there, rubbing Anna's arm. My dad just sat there shocked but I stepped forward. The thing stood up and walked towards me. I just stood there and looked at it. It got right up to me, and gently touched my shoulder then dissolved.

Anna never even moved and she usually walks up at the slightest things, my dad just looked at me confused. We talked about it and told my mom too. She ran around the house and did all these "spells" and stuff. My dad put Anna to bed in their room and I just sat in my room for most of the night. I could feel the thing was there with me, but I wasn't scare nor did I feel in danger.

A couple nights after that my friend slept there, we were just talking and then she looked above me. Her colour drained and she started shaking and crying. I looked up and could only see a black shadow, but that was nothing new to me. I asked her what she saw, and she said it looked like me only dead, and my skin had gone a pale green colour. I brought her out of my room and she was fine after that, and I went back into my room to see if the shadow was still there. The man was sitting on my bed again he just got up and walked towards me, disappearing at the last second. I still see him sometimes, walking beside me or sitting in my room but he hasn't done anything to me or my sister.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, TerribleAccident, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-16)
You need to be careful with spell work and the books! Sometimes simply reading the spell can cast it! Especially in the dark arts. Be careful, and steer clear from that book.
Rebelboy1987 (9 stories) (186 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-14)
I disagree with troyan about the spirit being bad, but I do agree with what he said about the book. It isn't AS severe as a loaded pistol, but it can bring much grief and trouble to your family if that book is misused. I'm glad she hid it from you both finally. Just had to add that. Thanks again for sharing and keep us posted

Trent
Rebelboy1987 (9 stories) (186 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-14)
Sounds a lot like what I saw as a child. I believe these shadows are just watching over us, maybe even protecting us from some things. The fact that you are not afraid of it should be proof enough that these things aren't bad spirits. I hope to hear more from you though. That was a very interesting story. Thanks for sharing and God bless

Trent
cheli_emi (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-14)
This was very scary! 😨 I got goosebumps! I hope I could sleep today. Also I hope you and your sister will be safe! I also have some questions...
1.Do you have an idea of who that black men might be?
2.Does your friend know you can see spirts?
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-14)
Wow this was a very scary story. Though witch crafted can be safe in good hands I am always scared of it. Thanks for sharring this interesting story with us. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
colten (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-14)
i'm colten I can see spirits to but they have never approached me like that pretty cool but id ask your mom to stop spells only bring trouble 😉
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-13)
I agree with Kisho that there are tons of reports about spirits that seem to don the wide brimmed hat. As for whether it would be good or bad is anyone's guess (I myself doubt goodness comes from a dark, faceless entity).

As for this story, the mother really shouldn't be messing with this sort of stuff and REALLY should not leave such a powerful book out for her kids to dive into (kind of like laying a loaded pistol on the coffee table and then wondering why a seven year old would pick it up and shoot it off).

I would think the mother would do something about this and learn not to let her children get involved in these things.
AnahksunaMoon (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-13)
I'm very curious as to what book it was your little sister opened. Those symbols are called a sygil and drawing them on a piece of paper is enough to summon them let alone on your body. Very irresponsible of your mother to let such books lie around for a 7 year old to pick up. Seems she had unknowingly summoned a demon I wonder what Demon she summoned?... I hope for your little sister's sake it was not Goetic.
Adventure_Ms_Aqua (10 stories) (71 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-13)
I'd really tell your mom to stop that kind of reading. It's not good and it only draws in more evil. Ask for God's protection, or rely on any religion... Not reffering to the book. It's witchcraft, and only brings trouble.

The black figure may be protecting you. From what your sister saw, I have no idea.

What does the symbol mean? Surely there could be a reverse for that symbol if it's evil.

Good luck.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-13)
I'm going to agree with MNPROPHET when it comes to your experience Brita.

I don't see anything threatening about the shadow's intentions-quite the opposite.

Despite your friend's claim that the apparition looked like you which was a disturbing image, I'd say your shadow person is there to protect you obviously because he feels you're in danger. Could that be because of your mother's practices? YES.

I hope you come back to talk to us about your own spirit-the one that follows you.
armymp76544 (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-13)
My question here is that you state in your story that your sister " would have been seven" what happened to her?
Carlos (3 stories) (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-12)
Perhaps, te man on the trench coat, and hat maybe was one of the many agents the diablo has. Thing like demons creep me, the worst of all, is that once you had summoned them its very difficult to make them go away.
MNPROPHET (6 stories) (25 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-12)
Good evening Brita,

Our belief is that we often confuse demonic and malevolent with the color black or a dark appearance but it may not be so.
If you do the math it is every bit possible that you had a guardian angel and that you never or any family member experienced the true realm of what was to come. A thought for you to consider is that if you are sensitive to the PARANORMAL... Are they sensitive to you? Could they of possibly knew that you needed protection or one of your family members? Did your love ones need help? Did a passed Grandpa wear a hat... A trench coat or any loved one? Did you witness a miracle?

We are here for you, and will give you any support you need.

Brian
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-12)
This phenomenon is on the same level as the old hag syndrome. I saw something like this as a child. Never knew whether it was my imagination or what. I think it was, because kids get freaked out and their imaginations run wild but makes me wonder why many see the same thing, dark silhouette of a man in a over coat and hat. Probably based on our culture being that evil has been portrayed by the dark man in dark clothes. Do I see a connection to witchcraft and this phenomenon? No. Do I think you can summon demons? No. Do I think teens have kenetic energy that can produce phenomenon? Yes. But they are the ones doing it.
Kisho (2 stories) (60 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-12)
Hmm. The man in the trenchcoat and hat does seem to be a rather regular thing. Most accounts describe him as a demon or the devil, and as someone frightening and evil. A friend of mine saw his guardian spirit in that form, and it protected him from less pleasant spirits, and actually helped alleviate his fear when he was younger. I'd highly recommend speaking with your mom about the symbol if you haven't already, and figure out exactly what your sister opened, or summoned. It could well be that she wanted a guardian, and that's why it hasn't harmed you, but if it is a book about demons and such, that's probably not the kind of guardian you want looking over you. If it Is an unsavory type, find out what you can about banishing it, either in your mom's books, or your religion of choice.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: