You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Ghost In My New Haunted House

Real Ghost Stories

The Ghost In My New Haunted House

 

My name is Mandy and I'm thirteen years old. About a month ago, in the beginning of June my mom and my stepdad bought a mansion in upstate New York. No, not the kind with the towers that you see in movies. This was just a plain old huge house.

It was actually in a whole neighborhood of mansions really far away from the city. The mansion has four HUGE bedrooms upstairs, each one with a bathroom and walk-in closet, a kitchen connected with a dining room, a living room, an office, a gym, and two pools, a big one in the basement and a smaller one in the backyard. It's a little too big for just me, my parents, and my stepsister but I love it.

I spent the first week in my new house decorating my room. Since my mom didn't let me repaint the walls my room stayed gray/blue/green and my closet stayed hot pink. When I was done decorating it looked really cool. It had a huge bed, two nightstands (a black one with a white lamp and a white one with a black lamp) a long black dresser with a plasma TV, a blue rug, a bead curtain instead of a closet door and a sitting area with a small glass table and two zebra chairs.

My first ghostly experience happened the day after I finished decorating my room. I was making my bed when my mom called me downstairs for breakfast. I remember leaving my room, closing the door and heading downstairs with my teacup yorkie puppy Mimi by my side.

Downstairs, I found out that my stepdad and my stepsister went shopping. Since it was still very early, I decided to go up to my room and watch Saturday morning cartoons. When I opened the door I felt like I was going to faint. My room was a mess! My bed looked as if someone had just got up. There was almost no water in my fishbowl. Instead there was water all around it on my glass table. My rug was moved about three feet aside and my giant plant was smashed on the floor. I cleaned up really fast and wondered how this could happen. No one was upstairs. My two German Sheppard's were outside and my yorkie was downstairs. We don't have anymore pets except for a goldfish. And we probably would have heard a giant plant crash to the floor. I'm a very clean person and I don't remember the last time I had a messy room. There are no robberies in this neighbor hood and I have absolutely no idea how this happened.

My second experience happened last week. I was sitting in the living room with my stepdad in the kitchen and my yorkie Mimi on the couch next to me. All of a sudden she jumped off the couch and started barking like crazy at the fireplace. This was very weird because Mimi hardly ever barks and there was nothing by the fireplace. This occurred two more times that day. She also does this when I'm about to fall asleep. She jumps off my bed and starts barking at my closet. Mimi stopped doing this about three days ago, but I'm kind of worried about it.

My last and scariest experience happened yesterday. I was lying in bed wide awake and I couldn't fall asleep. I could hear one of my German Sheppard's barking outside. I also heard someone walking downstairs. I wanted to scream but I couldn't. Then the walking stopped and I was about to fall asleep when I heard laughter. I was so sweaty and nervous that I felt as if my bangs were glued to my forehead. I turned on my television and somehow fell asleep.

I have only been living here for a month and I'm almost scared to heck.

If something happens I will try to submit it.

Other hauntings by rubyrose_99

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, rubyrose_99, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-21)
hahaha first of all, I'm twelve don't tell:P second of all no offense but that was hilarious, I thought I was going to faint hahahaha XD I'm not the type of girl to care about how my room appears but when a ghost messes up your room without your ok, that flat out pisses me off. My ghost make noise and I see it several times and felt it touch me several times. Its not evil evil but maybe a joker who likes your discomfort. Good luck Mandy, Katherine.
BinghamtonParanormal (19 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-21)
Hello there. Wow, what neat story you had to share with us. And we thank you for it. If you are still continuing with paranormal problems in the same location, please read on.

I am the founder of the Binghamton Area Paranormal Society out of Binghamton, NY. We use scientific equipment to try and prove and or disprove the existence of spirits in certain areas.

Your case of the paranormal has interested me and my team and we were wondering if you would be interested in having us come down and investigate the place you had your experiences.

Please e-mail so we can discuss further details

Binghamtonareaparanormalsoociety [at] yahoo.com

Our website is:

Binghamtonparanormal.com

Thank You!
Derek
Founder
Lead Investigator
B.A.P.S.
The Finest Ghost Hunting Team in the Area
annabananas (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-28)
wow, I would totally freak out if my room was turned upside down like yours. 😲
blackrose149 (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-15)
Really? I'm also thirteen! That was a really great story, and scary too. Has anything else ever happened in that house? Oh, and when you said that your dog sometimes barks at the fireplace for no reason: my golden retreievers also do that! They run to my bedroom and start barking at my closet! At first I thought one of my cats had somehow gotten in there but there was NOTHING there and they just kept on barking! Do you know anything about the history of the house? Keep us updated! ❀
no_average_angel (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-21)
I'm thirteen too! Haha! That was really creepy! My dog also sometimes barks for no reason! Oh and when you heard laughter it might have bee your step dad! But still: really creepy! ❀
angel_from_heaven (20 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-21)
I think that the coughing downstairs was your stepdad! It must be really scary living in a haunted manison, I hate huge, old houses because they always seem haunted. Do you know the person ho lived there before you? I think you should do some research on the history of this house! 😊 ❀
autumnsmommy (4 stories) (98 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-01)
Wow, that is a great story. I'm glad you and your parents finally got a great place. I would like to say that you might have heard your step-dad downstairs with the walking and the laughter, but I wasn't there. Was everyone else asleep at the time that you heard the laughter and walkning? Your room also, has there been any other distrubances like the one the day after you got it decorated? Best of luck and best wishes
SnailBug (61 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-10-01)
Your story contains just a few too many descriptions for me to find it credible. This sounds like a young girl's dream home, dream bedroom and dream pet.
ghost_1 (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-23)
hey mandy, in your story when you heard someone walking down the stairs it couldve been your stepdad but when you heard laughter then it mustve been the ghost😨 what was going through your mind when you heard the laughter?
ailya (2 stories) (22 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-17)
How scary! I would suggest talking to an adult or your step Sister about your incidents, maybe they have had a paranormal experience in the new house, too. Try finding some history of the house, maybe there is something happened there in the past related to what's going on.

Good luck, and blessed be.
Marg (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-17)
I think, the first thing to do is find out how old this mansion/house is. Maybe, something negative happened there at one time. Your dog is seeing and hearing something you cannot. Animals can sense more. If, it keeps happening, a psychic might help with this. Good luck.😊
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-16)
Mandy,
Canine companions are very perceptive when it comes to paranormal.

It sounds as if you have some one or some thing in your home that is trying to get your attention.

It doesn't sound as if they mean you any harm.

Do you have any information as to the history of the home? There may be many reasons for the activity in the history of the home.

Keep us posted,

God Bless!
rubyrose_99 (4 stories) (15 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-16)
it did happen to my family. My stepsister said she heard a knocking on the door and when she opened it no one is there ❀
mlc13 (7 stories) (33 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-16)
Sounds like you got some angry spirits. Has this happened to your family too? Because if it's only you then you're doing something to make the spirit mad.
rubyrose_99 (4 stories) (15 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-16)
You did post a comment. It was here yesterday. I don't know what happened to it. πŸ˜•
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-16)
Hey!Does anybody know what happened to my post? I am almost positive that I wrote back to Rubyrose. Let me know if someone knows something 😐 πŸ˜•
Francois (220 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-16)
Greetings and salutations,

Hello rubyrose99, first of all, congratulations on the mansion. Second of all I believe you are just experiencing minor ghostly activity or just the action of your house "breathing" since a house usually inhales and exhales in accordance to the temperature. As a precaution, I advise that you springkle Holy water or just pray the prayer found in the Chaplet of St. Michael.

I hope you solve your problem before something unexpected or bad happens. God bless and Deus vobiscum.
rubyrose_99 (4 stories) (15 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-15)
Oh, and it couldn't have been my parents or my sister because they were asleep. It couldn't have been the tv either because we have one downstairs and if it was on I would see flickering lights on the wooden spiral staircase because when you open the door from my room the first thing you see is the wide hallway and the staircase. I have another tv in my room but it wasn't on.
😊 ❀
Biemaster (7 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-15)
Hi Rubyrose_19! First of all, I am also 13 so great! Oh and congrats for your new and HUGE house!

First of all, go on the internet or to the nearest public library and find out the history of the house, like ChrisB said. That is the most typical and first thing to do when you find out your house is haunted. Is your house a newly built house or a old one? If its a new one, find out if anything was built beneath it before they built the new house, like a graveyard, cemetery or another house. If its a old one, it is likely that someone had died there but doesn't think so. By that, I mean that the old residents of that house were not fond of cleanliness or something like that. Maybe that is why they made your room a mess. About your "yorkie" (no idea what's that) barking, it can be an insect or creature which is in the closet or fireplace. The thing about the footsteps and laughter, it can either be your family members, the t.v. Or ghosts. Hope I was of any help! Please keep us updated about everything!

Biemaster
carrycat (3 stories) (45 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-15)
Sounds like you have a nice place and a nice room and a loyal little pup. And your experiences don't seem to hectic yet-if you need some distractions go for a swim or something-dont give it too much energy.
wwitch (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-14)
Hi Mandy,
That does sound like it can get very scary. I know it may be hard, but one of the main things you need to do is try not to let it scare you, or control the fear. Believe me, I know it is much easier said then done.
You also want to make sure that you talk to your family about it. You will need the support, and also permission if it gets bad enough that you need to call in an investigation team. I would also suggest going to GhostHunters.com. They have a section where you can find a team near you. At the very least you can email them for some advice.
I will tell you that they will say to start keeping a journel of everything that happens. Include time, date, who else was there, what occured, your reactions, anything to document what is going on.
The others that have posted a comment are also right that doing some reseach into the past of not only the house but the land and area can also be helpful.
I hope this helps.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-14)
Feels like your dogs are trying to protect you from something they perceive. It would be a good idea to look into the history of the house your family purchased to see if you can find anything that might relate to these disturbances.

Good luck to you!
bigpatti87 (2 stories) (39 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-14)
Ok so normally I envy the rich and sit in jealousy but no one is always safe... Have you ever looked your area up for some sort of activity like the way the land was aquired or who might have lived there before and what happened to them... Then you might be able to get a clue on what might be in your house but just stay calm and close your eyes and pray (if you are religous) or just wish them away and/or ask them to stop and usually in my experiences they will stop and allow your your space unless that's what they are trying to accomplish... Good story though just watch out for that possible overactive imagination because sometimes it can get the best of you especially after that first incident... You will be ok though stay tough and keep us updated.

God Bless,
BigPatti πŸ˜‰
Velvet (2 stories) (72 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-14)
Wow, that was a great story. I'm jealous I have always to own german shepards, but living in a apartment makes it impossible. However I hope that things get better for you, hang in there you have a great place to live in. Does anyone else in the family have occurences?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: