You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The House Next Door

Real Ghost Stories

The House Next Door

 

I've lived In the current house I live in now for 17 years, but The experiences I'm having are not coming from my house, but the house next door.

It has recently been moved out of, for reasons that are unknown. The family that lived there was quiet and kept them selves to themselves.

The night after me and my friends were having a midnight stake out in my backyard, during that night when we were all settling down to sleep, we heard a series of noises coming from the house which alerted me especially, as I have heard similar noises before. I've always assumed it was the neighbors, but as they recently moved out, I think it was pretty obvious it wasn't.

We decided to pluck up the courage and go investigate, thinking it was being broken into. Two of my friends went to the front of the house; I and a friend went to the back. About 3 minutes later we all met up and they said neither the front door nor the windows had been broken into; this made us a bit curious as to what was making the Noises.

Realizing there was no way of getting into the house, we decided to look through all the windows, me and another friend split up from the group again to check the back windows. The kitchen and lounge window were boarded up so we headed towards the rear living room window, where me and my friend were face to face with what I can only describe as fear and a feeling of depression as we gazed into the window, seeing a dark figure of a man beating down another figure of what seem to be either a child or a woman. It was so clear, my friend and I could do nothing but scream and shout.

My friends, who were at the front of the house, came rushing round to see what all the distress was about. Using all the power left in me, I went to check it out again with my other group of friends to see the figures had disappeared, as well as the banging which had drawn us to this freaky experience.

I don't know what this apparition meant or who they were, can anyone shed any light on this occurrence. Please comment.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, TheSpiritOfElvis, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

panic666 (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-21)
😕 I know this is old but I wanted to comment anyway and say that maybe it was a ghost replaying events of its life while it was alive. The people probably moved out because of the spirits actually.
gruntman (1 stories) (15 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-28)
What I personally believed you saw was a ghost murder. What I mean is someone may of killed someone else in your neighbors house many years ago. The only problem is I don't know old the house and you and your friends did't get a description on the persons in the house.
Now as for you and your friends checking out that house in the dead of night, not knowing what to expect, you are indeed very brave and I respect that.
If you could I would like to hear more about this house and any experiences you/your friends may have about this house.

Thaank you for sharing your experience!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-28)
Wow that was crteepy! I have to say that there is a lot of courage in all of you. To go and investigate a abanoded house thinking it was a burgler. I for instance would rather see a burgler then a spirit 😆.I have the feeling that there is a residual haunting. But for me this one is a sad and cruel one. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-27)
Yes I would put this in the residual haunting department. Maybe that's why the last family moved out. I was very courageous as a teen compared to now so I can understand why you and your friends decided to check it out. Burglers don't usually hit empty buildings but vandals or possibly squatters might. Glad no one got hurt but be careful you may end up running into a person with a weapon rather than a residual haunting.
TheSpiritOfElvis (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-27)
thnx everyone for your comments, much appreciated. Keep your eye out 4 more stories from us, as we have a few more experiences, experienced by us and other people we know. 😁 😁 😁
TheSpiritOfElvis (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-27)
The answer to your Questions Mustang is, I'm a teenager and I'm curious, very nosey, and tbh I didn't really think about my safety, I know it was pretty silly of mee, but that's the way I am, and tbh I'm not the smallest of lads, and to what you said about a residual haunting it makes sense, and I can assure you I will not be checking it out again to see if it is, simply because I don't have the guts lol, and I looked up the history on the house, from people from the area, and old paper headline clippings from the library, which told me there was past records of some poor women abused for many years by her violent husband. Thanks agen 😁
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
Sound like a ex owner of the home that abuse someone eles who live with the ex owner along time ago I mean year ago before the owner that moved out... Just Help that all.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
It would seem that what you witnessed was a residual haunt. Chances are the next time you hear the noise if you check it out again you will probably see the same thing. Thank you for sharing your story with us. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
Well, like mustang, I don't understand why you would endanger yourselves since you could have just called the police? I also agree with her that since you don't really know anything about the history behind this house it would be hard to make assumptions as to the nature of the events there.

If you are curious enough and if the weird noices continue to be heard, you may need to do a little 'digging' to find out as much as you can about previous owners so on and so forth but PLEASE, stay out of there next time!
Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
This is a very sad and scary story. I believe this is a residual haunting. Look up the meaning of residual haunting so you have a better understanding of what I mean. You may agree with me. ❤ Jasmin
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
Hello TheSpiritOfElvis. Are you serious? You were actually brave enough to confront an intruder that might have been breaking in the empty house next door? Why on earth would you go over to that vacant house if you thought someone was breaking into it? You guys could have gotten hurt if it really was a burgular. As for the figure of a man beating down either a child or a woman, I'm not for sure. Maybe the family always kept to themselves because there was abuse going on and didn't want any neighbors to know what was really going on in the home. It also could have been a residual haunting. Maybe negative energy was left behind in the home from abuse that occurred when they lived there. It might not have anything to do with the family that moved. Something terrible could have happened in that house before they lived there. It is really hard to say unless you know the history of the home. This was only one experience, so it makes it hard to figure out exactly what kind of haunting this would be or what it is. It really could have been people that broke in the home and were actually arguing or fighting and by the time you looked back in the window they had moved out of sight. Why wouldn't you have called the police?

SHELBY ❤ 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: