You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Imagination... Or Something Else?

Real Ghost Stories

My Imagination... Or Something Else?

 

This happened 2 days ago. I was setting up some blankets in the living room so I could watch a movie (I didn't feel like watching it in my room) and my mom was in her room about to go to bed I think. I grabbed my stuffed bunny, Bun-bun, and set him down on the little bed I'd made for myself in front of the TV. Then I went to the kitchen to get a bowl of pretzels and a drink for the movie.

While I was reaching for a bowl out of the cabinet, I swear I heard someone giggling, and it sounded like it was coming from the living room. I froze, but then thought 'Oh, it's probably the kids outside' (You can always hear the kids playing outside). So I quickly got together my pretzels and drink and walked out of the kitchen.

As I was walking towards the TV, I noticed that Bun-bun was not where I had left him. I looked around, and saw him laying on one of the couches. I went into my mom's room and asked her if she'd come out of her room while I was in the kitchen and moved Bun-bun. She said no, and since the only other people there were my 2 cats, I was pretty confused and kind of freaked out. But I started calming down as I watched the movie.

The movie was a comedy so I remember at one point in the movie, something really funny happened and I started cracking up. When I stopped laughing, I distinctly heard someone else laughing too. It sounded like a little girl, and it sounded like the same voice from before. Now I was totally freaked out, and I grabbed Bun-bun, stopped the movie, ran into my room, and slammed the door behind me.

My mom came out of her room and came into my room and asked me what the heck was going on. I told her what happened and all she did was laugh at me and my "stupid imagination". Adults these days...

Well, I haven't heard or experienced anything since and now I'm curious as to who or what that was... Was it my imagination or was it something supernatural? Comments would be greatly appreciated.

Other hauntings by AnimeLover4ever

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AnimeLover4ever, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-22)
I don't think whitebuffalo is doubting anything. I do think though, she is pointing out something I always try to keep in mind... Always try to debunk what is happening. Try to find a logical soure for the experience. This is the only way to assure you have not over looked what is right in front of you and that you are truly dealing with the paranormal.

God Bless!
ConniHowards (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-22)
Whitebuffalo, you are always saying that you have had encounters. Then you always doubt things from OTHER peoples encounters.
I do believe that IF you have had encounters, you are more open to everything. (At least that's how I've turned out)
Have a good day everyone! ❤
ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-22)
I am sure that there is a little girl there.

Have you done any research of your house to see if anyone died there or something?

Good luck! ❤
AnimeLover4ever (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-12)
whitebuffalo - That sounds possible that I may6 have accidentally "catapulted" Bun-bun onto the couch. And, no, the tv was NOT on yet when I went into the kitchen.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-10)
I have not read through the other comments, so if I repeat something, I am truly sorry. I do not like the thoughts of others to "taint" my view or make me think "Well, MAYBE..."
Is there any chance, AnimeLover4ever, that as you walked over the blankets while walking to the kitchen for your movie snacks, that your foot could have caught Bun-Bun and the force of your walking catapulted him onto the couch in question? I only ask as there are times when having a living room picnic, I have "back wards launched" something off of the blanket and to a different location without my knowledge.
Also, I have read through the story a few times, and I still am not sure. When you went into the kitchen and heard the laughter for the first time, was the telly already on? Please believe that I am NOT trying to say that there was a commercial on the telly at the time with someone laughing in it. You CLEARLY state that you heard the SAME laughter a bit later, and DURING the movie.
Just trying to add 2 and 2 to make 4.
Thank you.
Linkrules2008 (20 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-08)
Awww why did you turn the movie off? The little girl was watching it. Actually I don't blame you. That is creepy. But if you talk to her then it probably won't be as scary next time.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-08)
This was a very creepy story. Thank you for sharring it. At the beggining I thought this was your imagination but I hate to say it but I think this was a spirit. Many things can be explained but I get the feeling that there is something there. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
JerseyGirl (3 stories) (16 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-07)
Bun-bun might have been moved by one of your cats. As for the giggling? Was it a time of day when the neighbors' kids might be still playing outside? 😕
AnimeLover4ever (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-07)
Ohiowatha - I have had a few more experiences with this little girl which I will be posting soon, so I'm pretty sure that it's not my imagination.

FRAWIN - Thanks for the advice because I'm sure that I would have just openly invited her, not knowing the consequences of not specificly inviting her ONLY.
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-07)
I don't know. Usually, when one wonders if an experience was "just my imagination," it is. Like the other day, I thought for sure I had hung my towel on a hook in the bathroom, but later in the day, found it draped over a towel rack on the other wall--just my imagination, or had something moved my towel? Chances are, I had been confused and had placed the towel on the rack in the first place.
JPing (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-07)
'Bun-bun', that is so cute. 😁

If it is the spirit of a little girl, at least it doesn't seem to be harmful in anyway. Of course were this a movie, it'd be the devil incarnate.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-06)
Hello AnimeLover4ever. If it happened just the one time there is a good chance it was your imagination however it it continues to happen you could be dealing with a ghost or spirit. If you believe you are dealing with a spirit and decide to invite it in-be sure you make it plain that the invitation is for her and her ALONE. You don't want to issue a open invitation to the other side, you may not like who takes you up on it. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
AnimeLover4ever (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-06)
Kisho, thanks for the advice. I've always wanted a little sister! 😆 I am totally willing to have a little girl's spirit in my house as long as she isn't a malevolent spirit, and I'm pretty sure she's not. I will definitely invite her to watch a show or play with me next time. 😊

Spartan070, I won't ignore her. I'm going to follow Kisho's advice and openly invite her to play with me or watch a show with me.
Actually, I'm not sure if I really want my mom to see proof of her because I know my mom will get freaked out and will probably make us stay at a hotel... I will see if it is my imagination, if I have any more contact with this little girl. One more thing. Thanks I guess for saying I write well. But do you mean grammar and spelling wise, or something else?
Spartan070 (12 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-06)
wow... I don't know if I can give any advice but really don't ignore them because, well just trust me. The more you ignore them the bigger things they will do to get your attention. 😕 Your mom will see proof one of these days. But the situation could always be your imagination, you certainly write well.
Kisho (2 stories) (60 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-06)
Sounds like, for all intents and purposes, you've got the spirit of a little girl in your place.

Seems to me like the reason why you haven't experienced anything since may be because of how frightened she made you. In my experience, a lot of the time, ghosts aren't there to harm or scare, but to be part, and it sounds like she was just wanting to enjoy the movie with you, and play with your doll a bit. If you want to know for certain whether something's there, openly invite her to watch a show with you or something next time.

Of course, whether or not you should all comes down to how willing you'd be to have a little girl's spirit in your house, wanting to be part of the family, so to speak.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: