You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Evil Energy

Real Ghost Stories

Evil Energy

 

About a year ago, my mother rented a run down duplex. It was a complete eyesore but we were on a budget. My parents are divorced and, at the time, I spent every weekend with my mother.

This place always gave me a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach. At all times in this house, I felt like I was being watched. It didn't really matter if the room was full of people, this feeling never left me. Since I was only there on the weekends, though, I didn't know about most of the weird things happening until after mom moved out. Her roommate (and later, boyfriend), Vince, was also present for these happenings.

My mother is a firm believer in the craft, and always kept candles and incense burning in her bedroom for protection. I always stayed in her room at night, and she slept on the couch or in Vince's room. The one experience I do remember having with this entity was when I was in bed watching "Roseanne" after everyone else had gone to sleep.

I remember looking up and seeing a dense shadow of a man in the doorway, as if he was barred from the room. At first I thought it was the trick of the light but no matter how many times I rubbed my eyes or blinked, it stayed, staring at me until it finally turned and stomped down the hallway like it was angry. But I couldn't hear its footsteps; only see the way it moved.

About a week after Mom got her new apartment (she was still in the process of getting her stuff out of the house), we where in the kitchen of her new apartment, playing a game of cards. We were talking about ghosts and such, when she began to explain to me about the duplex and why she moved.

Apparently I had not been the only one to experience the feeling of being watched. One of the scariest things she told me though was that her dog and constant companion, Choo-choo, had been almost choked by this ghost/demon/entity. They had been in the living room talking, when he suddenly jumped up and crossed to the corner. He stood on his hind legs in a begging position and whimpered and then his head twisted like something had a hold of his neck. He was shaking, but when mom picked him up and tried to calm him, he acted like nothing had happened.

The day after this conversation, we went to get some of the stuff in the house that had been left behind. My mother and I were outside waiting, while Vince was inside getting stuff. When he walked out, he told us of how he had gone to the bathroom and when he got out, the computer chair had been moved from one end of the house, to right in front of the back door. Now we didn't really have a computer chair but what we used as one, was one of the big, heavy, old-style armchairs. It wasn't exactly easy to move.

A month after this, we were talking with one of our previous neighbors, and he told us a little about the previous owner. Apparently he had been into a lot of devil-worshipping and black magic. I'm wondering if maybe it's a manifestation of his energy left behind, or something else entirely

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, glassmoon, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-09-26)
Very creepy! Your mom was smart though, in using the candles and such. I do believe that the spirit was blocked from entering the room because of that. More times than once, I've felt that I've been kept safe because of the incense I burn or the candles I use in my room. I always feel better after I burn incense. It's not just the smell but the feeling that the smoke has permeated to every inch of the room and wiped out the evil. I should do it again soon.:)

BTW, my fiance is a practicer of Wicca too, and I know for certain that Celtic Wiccans tend to be very good people with strong spiritual traits. More than once my fiance has been able to clear negative energy and spirits out of my room. It sounds like your mom has protected you as well.

Take care!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-18)
Thank you for correcting me.
As I wrote I would, I stand humbly corrected. 😊 I appreciate the input. I am always willing to retract a statement made in error.
It would be interesting to see what is there. And why it does remain.
Thank you again.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-18)
Whoa that is creeping your mom don't need to move just get a blessed the house but move is ok but cause of money to rent another place so yeah black magic and stuff is bad but I do believe in white magic is good.
glassmoon (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-18)
Yeah. I'm still not comepletely sure what it was whitebuffalo, that just seemed the most logical explanation. I haven't been able to find in other information. And no, my mother didn't own the whole duplex. I would have asked the people that rented the other half if they had experienced anything, but they spoke spanish, not english, and I know very little spanish. And wicca is not nescessarily black majick. My mother is a believer in celtic-wiccan practices, as am I. That was what I meant by "the craft..." I'm really not trying to be rude, but from what I've read and heard, Satanism is not devil-worshipping, its a worshipping of yourself. Thank you for your comments ^^ ❤
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-18)
I really do not think that what the previous owners worship habits were had anything to do with what was going on in this duplex. In fact, I would venture to guess that it had absolutely NOTHING to do with it. As it was a "run down duplex" the negative energy from persons living within the home itself could have lent the menacing feel to the entity in question. I am making an assumption, and that may come back to bite me, but what was the neighborhood like? And was she in possession of the entire duplex?
I was just wondering, was the former owner into Black Majic, or in Devil worship? The reason I ask is that Black majic, Wicca, is an extremely diverse religion with many branches. Some of the branches are very different from each other and incorporate separate beliefs and rituals. To name a few: Celtic Wicca, Seax Wicca (Anglo-Saxon), Germanic Wicca, Teutonic Wicca, Gardnerian Wicca.
Someone PLEASE correct me if I am wrong, and I will stand humbly corrected.
And to my knowledge there are Traditional or Spiritual Satanists, LaVeyan Satanists, Rebel Satanists and Modern Satanists. They also have their set of holidays and holy days, beliefs and rituals.
As your Mother used the candles for protection, I would say that the being WAS banned from the room. Perhaps that was why you always were given that room to sleep in when visiting. Or maybe she was just offering you the best room in the house. But I really do not think the religious preferance of the previous owner had anything to do with the occurances in this duplex.
Thank you.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-18)
It may have had to do with previous acts in the house, but any acts, it doesn't necessarily mean that is had to do with anything left over from the black magic, although that would be the most logical explaination.

God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: