You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Angry Harry, The Old Man

Real Ghost Stories

Angry Harry, The Old Man

 

It was a summer night in November 2001. My fiance at that time and I went to visit our friends who had just bought their first house. Our friends have 3 kids, aged 7, 4 and the baby was 18 months old. We had to sleep in the 4 year old girl's s room.

Being a sensitive myself, I noticed that there was an unwelcome atmosphere throughout the whole house, but in the little girl's room in particular. We had not seen our friends in a long time, and ended up going to bed very late. I was tired and all I could think about was getting some sleep. I just dozed off when some one tried to pull the blankets off me with a force. My first thought was that it's my fiance, but realized that he was fast asleep next to me.

When I looked around the room, (our door was locked,) I saw a figure of a man walking towards the cupboards and opening all the doors. I tried to scream, but I couldn't move or get any sound out. I couldn't even pull the covers over my head. I thought it was a robber, but as soon as he opened all the cupboards he just disappeared. I can't remember when I fell asleep, or if I slept at all.

The next morning, I asked my friend if she noticed anything weird about their house. She told me that Harry the ghost won't allow her to use her washing machine or anything electrical. Her kid won't sleep in her room and her dogs keep on barking for no reason, which they never did before. Apparently, the old man Harry hanged himself in that room we slept in. Our friends stayed there for six months, then moved out because they couldn't deal with Harry anymore.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Sandy2008, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Sandy2008 (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-01)
Thanks everybody for replying and for the comments. Thanks Gary for your answer, it really clarified a few things for me. South Africa doesn't have that many ghost hauntings (Except for the old age homes😁). I've got another story on how my grandfather past away that I'm planning to share. Have a nice day 😁
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-01)
Now that is what I call an angy spirit. I realy enjoyed reading your story but aI understand that this event that happened wasn't as enjoyable 😜.Good thing you werent there for too long. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-31)
Obviously Harry was quite territorial when it came to sharing his own house with anyone and a man 'of the old ways' since he was clearly suspicious of electrical devices.I'm glad your friends decided to leave as chosing to do otherwise might have 'complicated' their lives significantly. Retreat is sometimes wise.

Thanks for sharing.
Biemaster (7 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-30)
Hi Sandy2008 and thanks for sharing your story with us!

Hmmm, did you say he hanged himself? Then maybe I have an idea but its just a thought. You said that when you were sleeping in that room, you saw that man opening the cupboards, right? Maybe he was looking for a rope or something. I know its a stupid answer but it was just a thought. Good that your friends moved out. Nice story and very well written! Hope to hearing more from you!

Biemaster
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-29)
Wow, Gary. I have got to say, I have seen a growth in you. Nice to see that you are learning, as well as teaching. Good form.
gary11872 (1 stories) (60 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-29)
In response to your question Sandy;

Portals:
The best way I can describe it is, When someone leaves this world in a very distraught way (ie: suicide, rape/murder) they tend to leave "scars" in the veil between the physical world and the spiritual one. These entities don't always become the ones haunting the house, however, they leave a back door open for wandering/restless/rebel spirits. (portals can also be associated with people and objects too, not only places)

There are also other ways to open portals, ouija boards, seances, Just general stuff you shouldent do under any circumstances. (these ones can allow demons through)

Beware though, It is my personal belief that anything that comes through portals made by evil/tragic things, are evil themselves.

That also can go the other way, many spiritual places on earth are benevolent and wonderfull like churches, spiritual places, etc;

I hope I helped a little bit,

Gary:)
Sandy2008 (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-29)
Gary I've read your story and want to ask you a question (Hopefully not a stupid one 😳) In most stories I've read so far I've notice that if there is a ghost or paranormal activity that there are usually something attached/with that ghost, like there's some kind of portal being openend to the under world or something. I guess that with good comes bad and visa versa. Don't know if I make any sense but don't know how else to put it. What do you think?
Sandy2008 (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-29)
Thanks for all your comments and for Tonith for the compliment [happy. I knew what happened with Harry and why he hanged himself (the house agent told them before they bought the house). He wasn't a good person when he was a life and I think he haunts that house looking for forgiveness. We were very inexperience that time and maybe if we cleansed the house and prayed for his soul he would be at rest. No other tenants moved in. Think they use that property as a place of business now.
gary11872 (1 stories) (60 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-29)
Well, it's sad that this man is not resting peacefully. However, as a living human you have a right to live wherever you choose. He was just not happy about it. Tough luck! I hope your friends are doing ok now.

Gary:)
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-28)
Hi, I don't blame your friends for leaving there, I would have too, wonder what he was angry about? 😕 I'm just glad that he didn't hurt anyone, making himself noticeable like he did, he must have been a really mean person, to just not care about anyone. Thanks for sharing your story. 😊
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-28)
I have heard of angry ghosts caught between worlds and Harry seems to be one. I would have said maybe it was sleep paralysis until what you experienced was validated by your friends. One of us would have had to go and good that they moved out. I wonder if the next tennants had any problems? Sometimes you don't even have to be sensitive to see something that hostile. Seems like he liked scaring people or simply didn't care that he did. Just glad he never harmed anyone but most ghosts rarely harm anyone. Good story thanks for sharing. Very well written.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: